Can't stop thinking about weights

I'm klearose,

I'm a nontraditional student who signed up for Weight Lifting to fulfill a P.E. requirement.

All I can say is BAM!!  All I can think about is Dumbbells, benches and the burn of that last lift.

I'm mid-aged single mom who's been through enough of my own health wringers to say "been there done that".   Because I'm Swedish decent I'm calling myself a viking. Although it takes A LOT to make me mad, when I am, I turn Zerker. So Viking Berserker it will be.  

I am here at Nerd Fitness through referral.  Yes, I have been a gamer since 1987 with a computer that only holds one game on it at a time.  Four years ago I started taking my Art out of the game into RL.  I've always thought it would be great to do the same with fitness. 

Though I can navigate games well enough, I predict a learning curve with forum navigation.

I already have my short "challenge" set up and already started, so I'll confer with my helpers (computer savvy kids) to get my challenge up and running here.

I'm happy to be starting! 

Klearose...

post-34064-0-03814200-1418606173_thumb.j

• Like 3

Welcome!

And whatever you do, don't look up "Strong Lifts 5x5". ;)

Why????? Love it!

• Like 1

Goldfish Green

level: 1   Challenge 1, 2

STR:1 | DEX:2 | STA:2 | CON:3 | WIS:4 | CHA:4

Quest Tracking for this Challenge:

Lifting 3 times a week:           OOO|---|---|---|---|---

Currently Squatting: 5 lbs  (goal is 25 lbs this challenge)

Tracking Protein: ooooo--|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------

"o" means successful and "x" means unsuccessful that day)

I still have Newbie over my name. Do I need to change that myself? 

:) That is your forum status.  I think it changes automatically when you involve yourself in the community posting and whatnot.

• Like 1

Goldfish Green

Here are instructions on how to give yourself a signature that I found posted in another thread.  That will help people find your challenge so they can come support you as you are active in the forums:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updating your signature 

You've created your own thread and popped in to say hi and support other people's threads, but they would also like to pop in to say hello and support you, but have to go through all the L1's to find your thread (what a daunting task).  So we're going to make it easier for everyone and make sure we all have a signature with at least a link to our challenge.

To find the signatures go to the top of this page and look in the right hand corner, you'll see a little version of your avatar.  Click on that and it should open some options for you.

BBC6XbV.png

Click on my settings and it will take you to a new screen.  In the left hand panel, you will notice a tab for signature.

rfkLtPbl.png

Here you edit your signature (remember you only have 10 lines to play with). 

• Tell us a little about yourself - what level you're at, what class you're, your race (if you're into that thing) etc.  You will notice that in my signature, I let you know that I am a Guild Leader - yours to be exact - a half sidhe (fae) and that I'm a Scout.  I don't have a level, because I'm not really into that kinda thing (but my own preference). 
  • Link us to your challenge (this is NB), any accountability groups you might have joined, your FB/Twitter/MFP/Blog/Skype etc (this is entirely optional, I only put it in there so that you folks can get hold of me elsewhere than here) and any epic quests/battle logs (if you have them)
  • If you have a quote that you like then you can put it here too
  • Any goals that aren't linked to your current challenge you'd like people to know about
  • You can even add the cool bars, like the one I have below (you'll find that bar here). Choose the colour you'd like and the percentage. It should look like this in coding (without the spaces): [ progress='red' ] 1 [ /progress ]
  • dEU4cU0l.png
  • Press save and you're done.
  • Like 1

Goldfish Green