Hello, nerds!

I've been dipping in and out of the blog for a few months now and finally decided to sign up in here, too. A bit about me...

I'm 25 years old, just over 5'4" and weighing around 52kg (I'm English and we use kilos, but that's about 114lbs to those who prefer the imperial system). I've always been very small, and what little weight I do pack goes straight to my bum and thighs, which is okay I guess, as it gives me something to shake when dancing. Well-intentioned comments like, "You're so skinny! Ohmygod eat more!" have always got my goat, and I hate it when people take away my goat. That said, one of my aims is to get bigger (stronger) and just generally more kickass, because being the small, dainty, feeble girl in a group of people isn't all that fun. Also, I've always admired strong women.

About a year and a half ago I went through a bit of a tough time and started Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, where the guy kept going on and on at me to do some exercise as it supposedly boosts levels of the "happy hormone", and so I gave it a go and started doing some short 20-minutes-a-day workouts. I didn't really take to them very well, but I kept going with it, and then a little over a year ago I discovered weight training. I fell in love, and now I'm doing 4-5 days a week (3-4 days lifting, and on the final day some yoga).

My lifts aren't particularly impressive, but when I started out I could barely do one modified push-up, whereas now I can do around 20 normal ones. (Properly. None of those Michelle Obama push-ups.) I've gained weight in the form of muscle, and I look and feel better, so that whole thing about the happy hormone must be true. I've adjusted my diet, cut down on junk to the point where I now allow myself one treat a week, and upped my protein intake significantly. As a vegetarian and a chocolate junkie this has been tough.

I've been going for a while now and feel committed and also somewhat addicted. I've done my research and learned a lot, but I still consider myself very much a novice. I'm lucky to have a keen athlete for a boyfriend, but I would really love to learn as much I can from you nerds, and support those of you that I can along your journeys, too (apparently I have really good form on squats, if that helps at all). I consider this a lifestyle choice, and I really want to see how far I can take it, how strong I can get and how much I can achieve.

Oh, and one more thing: People still tell me I'm too skinny and need to eat more, even when I'm eating 2500 calories a day. Guess some things won't ever change.

• Like 2

Welcome to NerdFitness!  Looks like you're on a fantastic path for your fitness journey!  And always remember this special thing about the people who keep taking away your goat:

Haters-gonna-hate-pink-stormtrooper.jpg

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans