Your Favorite, Guilty, Holiday Treats

We've got an old (I mean OLD) family friend who still makes fudge for my grandmother to give to me every single year. I'm not sure how that woman does it, but she makes it by the truckload.

Also, Advent calendars...anything chocolate really. And almond cookies doused in powdered sugar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"Stay strong until you win against yourself. At the end of the day, you will always be the winner." - Rika Usami

Deadlift Goal: 300 lb (136.078 kg)

71.7%
71.7%

Bodyweight: [start: 185 lb] [Current: 161 lb] [Goal: 135 lb]

44%
44%

Oh my grandmother's eggnog ... which was far more rum than nog :D

• Like 2

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

Wait White Castle makes stuffing?

No, but you can buy the sliders and make it pretty easily.  

Also, fun random fact: for Valentine's Day, you can actually get reservations at White Castle and they'll put out nice tablecoths and have wait-staff and the whole 9 yards.  Might even have candles.  I'm not sure.  

They sell 30lbs of Runts.... who needs that many Runts?

As someone who drives in parades a lot, parades need massive bags of candy.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

No, but you can buy the sliders and make it pretty easily.  

Also, fun random fact: for Valentine's Day, you can actually get reservations at White Castle and they'll put out nice tablecoths and have wait-staff and the whole 9 yards.  Might even have candles.  I'm not sure.  

As someone who drives in parades a lot, parades need massive bags of candy.  

For Valentine's Day? 0.0

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Oh my...this is both the best and worst thread ever!!!

Made just for that reason!  That and fun!  :highly_amused:

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Oh my grandmother's eggnog ... which was far more rum than nog :D

Rum makes everything better.

Though I have to say; I thought eggnog has bourbon in it.  Is there a cultural difference between rum in eggnog versus bourbon?

Spoiler

---

---

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Rum makes everything better.

Though I have to say; I thought eggnog has bourbon in it.  Is there a cultural difference between rum in eggnog versus bourbon?

I've had both ... so yeah definitely a "depends on where you are" sort of thing

Also had it with brandy

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

I make everybody ice cream shooters for Christmas. Whatever flavor they want!

Jzkdu9l.jpg

Black Licorice with real licorice chunks for my mother in law.

Goal 1: To lose 90lbs!

15%
15%

Goal 2: Cut 5 minutes out of my 5k time
0%
0%

Goal 3: Complete the Spartan 300 Plank Challenge
16%
16%

Level: 0

Race: Half Orc

Battle Log Current Challenge

Strength (STR) - 0 Dexterity (DEX) - 0 Stamina (STA) - 0 Constitution (CON) - 0 Wisdom (WIS) - 0 Charisma (CHA) - 0

Yep!  And believe it or not, you usually have to make reservations, like, now, to get a table.  They fill up fast.  At least, here in St Louis they do.  

All our White Castles are in bad neighborhoods. Got love NY

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

For me, it's cookies.  Almost any kind of cookies, though I am particularly helpless when confronted with chocolate crinkles.  Or chocolate anything, for that matter. 

Mince pie, too.  I've taken a stab at steamed puddings (plum, ginger, ect.), but nothing compares to a slab of mince pie.  Unless it's another slab of mince pie.

Booze too; year before last I made actual Smoking Bishop punch.  Red wine, port, clove-studded roasted orange, the whole thing.  It was delicious.  It was so delicious I drank most of it myself.  I felt delicate the next day.

• Like 2

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

My work Christmas party was at a buffet and the fricken dessert table had so many things I wanted (but avoided, by loudly congratulating myself whenever anyone asked me if I was getting dessert) there was fudge, sugar cookies, and pecan pie. I'm honestly happier I resisted though, but I needed to again do a combination of congratulating myself and commiserating.

Also I think I might make boozy eggnog for my brother this year for Christmas. I used to make a non-alcoholic version for him as a kid, so this would be a fun surprise for him. What kind should I use (I saw Bourbon, Brandy, and Rum mentioned), all I know is he likes booze and he like eggnog so boozy eggnog should work as a present. 

• Like 2

My work Christmas party was at a buffet and the fricken dessert table had so many things I wanted (but avoided, by loudly congratulating myself whenever anyone asked me if I was getting dessert) there was fudge, sugar cookies, and pecan pie. I'm honestly happier I resisted though, but I needed to again do a combination of congratulating myself and commiserating.

Also I think I might make boozy eggnog for my brother this year for Christmas. I used to make a non-alcoholic version for him as a kid, so this would be a fun surprise for him. What kind should I use (I saw Bourbon, Brandy, and Rum mentioned), all I know is he likes booze and he like eggnog so boozy eggnog should work as a present. 

I'd be half tempted to make three kinds of boozy eggnog (if it's not too much work) and see which one he would prefer :nevreness:.  I love rum so that's my usual go to.

Spoiler

---

---

---

Chocolate covered peanut butter balls - the homemade kind with crunchy peanut butter.

5514414.jpg

Oh and for my booze of choice.  Boulevard Brewery Tank 7... OMG Tank 7.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/423/50570/

That Homer image is just so perfect for this thread...

• Like 2

Spoiler

---

---

---

This 1/4 Italian here loves panettone! :D

We have a recipe for making our own that came from the mother of a friend of the family and we can use whatever fruit and nuts we want so it's all natural and so delicious! Cranberries and raisins and white chocolate chips and almond slivers! I can see it now!

Oh, and the sparkling apple cider! Martinelli's or some other 100% natural, completely non-alchoholic brand!

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

The Coqutio has been made and is now cooling in the fridge.

It begins.

NUyttbn.gif

• Like 4

Spoiler

---

---

---

Baaaahahhaha! We Latin folks sure know how to make some sweet treats. My favorite treat (isn't limited to the holidays, however) is brigadeiros -- I only find/have them when I'm hanging with my Brazilian folks. They're like... chocolatey, condensed milk spheres of heaven, rolled in chocolate sprankles. (I can't bring myself to type "sprinkles" when "sprankles" makes me laugh.)

Yummm.

brigadeiromordido.jpg

• Like 2

Baaaahahhaha! We Latin folks sure know how to make some sweet treats. My favorite treat (isn't limited to the holidays, however) is brigadeiros -- I only find/have them when I'm hanging with my Brazilian folks. They're like... chocolatey, condensed milk spheres of heaven, rolled in chocolate sprankles. (I can't bring myself to type "sprinkles" when "sprankles" makes me laugh.)

Yummm.

brigadeiromordido.jpg

Sprankles sounds like a fun word.

Yummm.

brigadeiromordido.jpg

NUyttbn.gif

I use this gif for everything like this...

Spoiler

---

---

---