A Woot! by proxy

This is a woot by proxy. I'm not wooting for myself, but for my boyfriend. He's undergone an amazing transformation in the last six months. When I first met him his target was to keep his weight under 17stone (238lbs) and he was relying on Slimfast shakes and WeightWatchers frozen foods, and a combination of walking and using an exercise bike to try and keep the weight off. That was in June.

Skip forward 6 months....

He's still walking and using the bike, but now he's powerlifting 3 days a week, with ridiculous results! Lucky bugger has the perfect genetics for being a powerlifter it seems. After lifting for just 10 weeks he can:

Squat 140kg

Deadlift 170kg

Bench 100kg (low because he has a shoulder injury)

And these numbers are from 5 weeks ago! They'll be even higher by now.

He's currently sitting at 14stone 4lbs (200lbs) which means he's lost 38lbs in six months. He's also learned how to cook and though he would be the first to admit that there's a lot of room for improvement, his shopping basket now contains real meat and veg, and there's not a Slimfast shake in sight.

He's gone from wearing a 42" waist to a 36" (and some of those are getting slack) wearing an XXL to a L and has had to throw out his entire wardrobe.

Wanna see what all of this change looks like.....?

601587a2a6e221e5c5862751f2e08e9c.jpg

8b95504a52e938dd6b43f067442e6899.jpg

5eb46611d1f9a98b7e6573fc43858474.jpg

Pretty bloody amazing if you ask me, but then I'm biased. ;) He's got to the point where he's no longer seeing massive changes month to month and could do with a little encouragement. Especially as in irl, very few people seem to have noticed that he's lost weight. (Eh??? What the f*ck???)

Here's his monthly progress shots

32afe423971b6529b487591133baff14.jpg

ab839930662fc75ad5372140f0dc96f7.jpg

8a2426be252d942b6345f660fbab60af.jpg

That is all. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Holy crap... keep it up and he'll be bench pressing a Buick by the end of the year. I gotta second LouCarJo in that he's got an awesome coach as well as workout partner...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CC8QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Forthoinfo.aaos.org%2FPDFs%2FRehab_Shoulder_5.pdf&rct=j&q=rotator%20cuff%20injury%20routine&ei=Ds2VVLKGJKPIsQT85oDwAg&usg=AFQjCNE7KUAR--9hJwXYxfoGa1Im_mb67w&bvm=bv.82001339,d.cWc

This is what I'm doing for my shoulder and it helping quite a lot, don't ignore it or he will be in the boat I'm in or worse.

I only say this cause I started the exact same way, lift, lift heavy, lift heavier, get injured, lift light and so on...

Hwrdfrnd - Goblin Adventurer

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Current Challenge

Those are fantastic results. It's great thst he found a form of exercise that clicked with him right away too. Keep up the good work, guy!

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

That's amazing and he should definitely be proud. And it sounds as though he's got a great coach in you too [emoji4]. (From a fellow UKite who's also attempting to lift all the weights.)

Thank you! :D UKite you say...? Where abouts?

Massive woot! He's doing great!

Can't wait to see you guys again. Can we tempt you down at some point? I have a spare room or two.

Cheers! Actually.... I have a meeting in Edinburgh on January 5th, might be able to sort something out then if you're free?

Holy crap... keep it up and he'll be bench pressing a Buick by the end of the year. I gotta second LouCarJo in that he's got an awesome coach as well as workout partner...

Don't be stupid! We don't have Buicks over here. :P

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CC8QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Forthoinfo.aaos.org%2FPDFs%2FRehab_Shoulder_5.pdf&rct=j&q=rotator%20cuff%20injury%20routine&ei=Ds2VVLKGJKPIsQT85oDwAg&usg=AFQjCNE7KUAR--9hJwXYxfoGa1Im_mb67w&bvm=bv.82001339,d.cWc

This is what I'm doing for my shoulder and it helping quite a lot, don't ignore it or he will be in the boat I'm in or worse.

I only say this cause I started the exact same way, lift, lift heavy, lift heavier, get injured, lift light and so on...

Thank you very much, forwarding to him as we speak.

Those are fantastic results. It's great thst he found a form of exercise that clicked with him right away too. Keep up the good work, guy!

Yeah, he started with a personal trainer who was all like "We're going to do an hour of cardio and then half an hour of abs work to get you a six pack."

When he said he wanted to do weightlifting he got told "You don't want to be one of those powerlifters, they're all muscles but they're really unhealthy. I can train you to run a marathon in 12 months..."

Yeah, whatever love. If you have something that you enjoy, you do that, not something you hate.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Wait. When did you get a boyfriend? Have I been gone that long?

Also, congrats to him! That's fantastic.

• Like 1

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Wait. When did you get a boyfriend? Have I been gone that long?

Also, congrats to him! That's fantastic.

Haha! I picked him up on holiday. Just a little souvenir. :D

Totally have to say Awesomesauce!

He would look better with an Australian tan though, we can help both of you with that!

YES!!!!!!!!! *runs off to pack*

• Like 1

The beard is my favorite transformation...

**looks shifty left and right** Yeah, secretly that's my favourite thing too. But don't tell him. ;)

Sent from my stoopid phone which hates me I swear.

• Like 1

This is also a w00t thread for me. I've finally found somebody who is as hairy as me.... it's like finding a long lost brother *looks wistfully off into the distance*

• Like 1

Goal 1: To lose 90lbs!

15%
15%

Goal 2: Cut 5 minutes out of my 5k time
0%
0%

Goal 3: Complete the Spartan 300 Plank Challenge
16%
16%

Level: 0

Race: Half Orc

Battle Log Current Challenge

Strength (STR) - 0 Dexterity (DEX) - 0 Stamina (STA) - 0 Constitution (CON) - 0 Wisdom (WIS) - 0 Charisma (CHA) - 0

Found another couple of photos that I thought worth sharing.

95b3a17282fdc19b7c442bd5f6033f4e.jpg

I still can't get over this one. It doesn't even look like the same guy!

af9cac79ee2b27f2e061663fa0478052.jpg

This one is an oldie! From back before I met him. Must have been nearly at his heaviest here.

And just to show the difference in muscle over that time too...

5593448c2e8f035479259e7d45e52540.jpg

f459044072ce372ff8ba0951510daf72.jpg

I'm rather proud of him and his progress. :)

Ps. SuperSweed - those pics don't do the hairiness justice! I'd post others, but I think there might be laws against it.... :nevreness:

• Like 1

This is great. You must both be dead proud.

Hey Trollybags!!!! Long time no see! **great BIG cyber-hug** :D

Hey everyone, thanks for all the kind words and support, it is very much appreciated. As Guzzi has said as I am getting closer to my target weight I am seeing less and less change in the progress pics.

Quick update- I decided to try for a new ORM deadlift yesterday, managed to lift 190kg (418lb), the form maybe isn't textbook, but hey, I got it up!

Check out the video (apologies for the language!)

• Like 2