Tyrannosaurus Flex and the clever topic title.

Hey guys,

Ended up joining this midway through one of the challenges so gonna pop this here in the meantime.

I'm a powerlifter... well, not really. I'm a guy who spent a while messing about in the gym, then actually training like a powerlifter, and will finally do a meet in February. Its a single lift meeting, and I'm just deadlifting as I'm only able to travel for one day, and its my best lift right now.

I'm running a sort-of bridge between an SS-ish type thing, and a TM-type thing. I'm currently transitioning the deadlift, but this is what its gonna look like in a week.

AxBxCxx
A:

Squat 3x5

Bench/OHP (alternating) 3x5

Pull-ups: 3xF, or weighted when I get better

Accessory A/B (alternating)

Curls 3x8-10

Abs

B:

Front Squat 2x5 (light)

Deadlift 1x5

Abs

C:

Squat 3x5

Rows: 3x5

Curls 3x8-10

Abs

Accessory A:

Tricep Extensions 3x8

Shrugs 3x8

Face Pulls 3x10

Accessory B:

Close Grip Bench Press 3x8

Side raises 3x8

I foam roll before and stretch after. (as well as stretch every day)

I realise that was an info dump that most people probably couldn't be bothered reading, but thats the plan building up to the Single Lifts. I'm using this log to keep a track of this workout, keeping up to date with measuring weight/food (I'm bulking), and some other personal goals... mostly hitting college work hard. I don't like to go into specifics in those things until I've kept up a solid routine myself for some time.

So starting stats:
Height: 6"2
Weight: 82.3kg (hence the bulk... this was just taken 10 mins ago... as of now, I'll be measuring myself in the morning, so may change... also have just started creatine a few days, so may swing a bit)
Squat 5RM: 120kg

Bench 5RM: 72.5kg

Deadlift 5RM: 150kg

OHP 5RM: 50kg

Hopefully I can eke out a good bit more gains on this program before I swap to full-blown TM.

So whats the plan?
1. Follow the lifting/stretching I've outlined properly, up until my competition.
2. Track calorie intake, and weight change.
3. Spend about 2.5hrs on college work (maths) each day (outside of the following christmas days obv), splitting between revision of my courses, and practice for job interviews/problem solving exams etc.

Happy lifting/whatever it is you do everyone!

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Here

Battle log: Here

Gym was... eh, okay I guess today. Had its ups and downs. Its a little different to what I posted in OP, cause I'm in program transition.

Foam Rolling

Squat: Warmups, then 3x5@120kg. This was great. I deloaded after 5,2 and 5 with 100 last time I made it to 120, so to find this as easy as I did (especially the first set) was great.

Bench Press: Warmups, then 3x5@70kg. I'm deloading atm. Bit harder than it should've been maybe, cause I ego'd on some accessory work, but I'll learn from that.

Deadlift. Warmups, then 4@155kg. I'm really annoyed at this. I don't mind repeating the weight if I totally mess up, but 4... I know I'm not justified in trying for 160 next session, and having to repeat is extremely frustrating. Oh well.

Accessory: Tricep Extension, 3x8@15kg

Shrug, 3x8@100kg (will repeat, not great ROM)
Curl: 8@15kg, 2x8@12.5kg

Stretching

Keeping up to date with my college work... hoping it'll pay off by the time I make it back to term! Got an interview for a summer internship at a trading firm next month. Its the second round, so harder than the first but should be fine.

• Like 1

So with christmas and unfortunately having fallen ill, I haven't given this much time. I'll give an update now.

Gym on the 27th December:
Foam rolling

Front Squat: Warmup, then 2x5 87.5kg 
Press: W/u 50kg, 5,5,4

Deadlift:W/U, then 5@155kg, (I think) tying my 5RM, but at ~7kg lighter.

After this day, I became sick, sitting at home with a chest infection/chesty cold or something like it. I missed the gym today obviously, not sure if I'll make it back on the 1st, may have to leave it till the 3rd. Here's hoping!

A lot of other stuff fell by the wayside, what with me taking 25th/26th off, then getting sick the day after. I'll hop back on it once I'm a little better, hopefully that won't be too long.

Thanks for the kind words guys! Got back in today.
Going to lift today (done), Tuesday, and Friday before I start back in college on my Th-Sa-M schedule.

Gym, 3 January:
Squat: Warmup, then 5@120kg, 4@120, 6@110.

So this was the last weight I'd succesfully hit for 3x5 before being ill, so I decided to repeat. Why the drop? A couple of reasons:
1. It was my first day, and wanted to get reps in. I prefer getting reps in anyway.
2. The ninth rep@120 was, um... contentious, shall we say. And everything was getting rather shoddy.
Would I have done it again? No. Not to 110 anyway. Maybe 115.

Bench: Warmup, then 70kg - 3x5. Nothing of note here.

Row: Warmup, then 70kg - 3x5. Nothing of note.

TriEx: 3x8 - 15kg. Easy, will increase

Curl: 3x8 - 10kg. See above

Forgot to do shrugs like an idiot (I'm blaming it on first day back)

Side Raises (instead of face pulls, another mistake, whoops, oh well): 2x8 - 6kg. 1x8 - 5kg. Increasing these is hard.

All stretching and everything going well. My fed just put a notice saying 7 weeks till the single lifts, very excited! hoping to get a large increase in my deadlift before then. 

I'll prob migrate most of my discussion over to the challenge board now, I presume thats how this works. Although I may keep updating this too, I'll see as the challenge goes on

To the guy who emptied my wallet today: enjoy my money, but you're an asshole.

Pretty annoyed about that happening today... apparently there's a thief going around my gym (which is annoying, its a small, members run place with only ~300 people). And I was the victim today unfortunately.. spoke to the high up people and apparently they're pretty sure who it is, so it should be dealt with thankfully :)

Gym today:
Foam roll
Front Squat: 87.5kg 2x5. Nothing of note

Press: 50kg 1x5, 2x4. Disappointing, but I'll be microloading

Deadlift: 155kg, 4. So this was annoying... I do all my warmups beltless, then belt up for my top set. When I went to get my belt, found my money was taken... in the midst of having to talk to the gym people, my warmup sort of faded... I was gone for a good 10 minutes. After a while of thinking (and because I'm in the midst of shifting my timetable, I won't be deadlifting for 8 days) I'm going to tentatively increase the weight as normal, and see what happens. If the first few reps feel awful, then I'll pull back.
Close Grip Bench: 50kg 3x8. I did 50 as my last warm up, and actually forgot to put on the last 5... god I felt silly.
Face pull: setting '6' on my cable machine (whatever that means), 3x10. Pretty easy.
Stretching