Asperger/Autism/PDD/HFA Safe Space

Hello, I found this thread and since I am diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome, I figured I could post here :) Nice to see there are more aspies and autists here.

I like hugging, but it has to be a firm hug and only from a select few people. I do not hug strangers or coworkers or children, eww.

• Like 1

Ent - Level 3

Strength (STR) - 6     Dexterity (DEX) - 0.5     Stamina (STA) - 2.5     Constitution (CON) - 2     Wisdom (WIS) - 2.75     Charisma (CHA) - 0

Squat 50 kg Current weight: 42,5

85%
85%

Short term goal to finish a 30 day squat challenge.

100%
100%

I think Temple Grandin liked the pressure, just not people applying it to her.

What about something like this?

There was a time when I deliberately hugged people way too much and for too long because it made them uncomfortable.

• Like 2

There was a time when I deliberately hugged people way too much and for too long because it made them uncomfortable.

Somebody give that man a high five!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I wish I knew how to deal with emotional situations sometimes, one of the younger boys in my sons Scout troop was killed in an accident this past weekend, and I dont know how to react. I'm sad for his family of course, but I dont want to go to the service bc I have no idea what to say or how to act :(

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I used to walk around with a Jon Snow attitude.

6 Body Language Superpowers

Now I feel totally cheated out of a superpower. It's like everyone in the world is Professor X, and I'm Cyclops, the lamest X-Man. Mr. By-The-Book, unaware of what "cool" and "popular" is (i.e. Wolverine), and is generally disliked by everyone.

• Like 1

I used to walk around with a Jon Snow attitude.

6 Body Language Superpowers

Now I feel totally cheated out of a superpower. It's like everyone in the world is Professor X, and I'm Cyclops, the lamest X-Man. Mr. By-The-Book, unaware of what "cool" and "popular" is (i.e. Wolverine), and is generally disliked by everyone.

I think that's hard, to know that in some ways, you ARE better than the average joe, but in other ways you are much less so...and to find a balance between ego and disdain and self loathing for lack of what everyone else seems to have without a second thought. It has been for me at least. I just take the adage "treat others as you would want to be treated" as literally as possible, as often as possible and feel good that at the end of the day, I did my best with what I have, and if that isnt good enough for someone else, well then...maybe I need to work on something, or maybe I dont, but I still did my best that I could that day...and it has made me happier with myself. 

and the "lamest X-man" is still awesome comparatively ;) 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I love hugs, tight, semi-long, hard ones...but only with people I really care about...so like 2 people ;)

ummm.... I am on that list too... so I think it's somewhat higher than 2 :P

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Do you all ever feel like you are just sick of trying to explain what you mean to people? I swear it seems like I am speaking a foreign language sometimes to some people, and then THEY get mad when they dont understand, saying that it's my fault that they dont get it...where is the line between me not saying it in a way they understand and them not fucking getting it when I say it in the way that I understand that makes it my fault vs. theirs? 

My solution is just dont fucking say anything, but that doesnt always work, and then I am to blame, EVERY time...and it just makes me furious. So then I say "well then we can text" and that's "too much effort for just a simple conversation" so I cant fucking win.

Am I alone? 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Do you all ever feel like you are just sick of trying to explain what you mean to people? I swear it seems like I am speaking a foreign language sometimes to some people, and then THEY get mad when they dont understand, saying that it's my fault that they dont get it...where is the line between me not saying it in a way they understand and them not fucking getting it when I say it in the way that I understand that makes it my fault vs. theirs? 

My solution is just dont fucking say anything, but that doesnt always work, and then I am to blame, EVERY time...and it just makes me furious. So then I say "well then we can text" and that's "too much effort for just a simple conversation" so I cant fucking win.

Am I alone? 

Nope, I have that issue. If one is willing to wait a few (instead of trying to rush me), I'm more likely be able to get there eventually that one can somewhat understand. 

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Ok, for all the females in here. Am I the only one who is completely fucking insane during PMS? Like seriously, It takes every bit of effort I have, not to strangle people, for no apparent reasons, if they GIVE ME a reason, effort to resist is futile, bc I just go the fuck off, or cry, or throw shit, or something meltdown-ish, for a good 5-7 days, then all of a sudden, its gone. When I was pregnant, I was SO goddamn even moodwise, it was like a miracle...so I KNOW its hormonal, and i probably should talk to a doctor about it, but I never think about it at the time. 

*makes mental note to talk to doctor*

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

this is part of why I got an IUD

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Am I alone? 

Real-life interpersonal relationships is like how it is in The Sims 2. You have a short-term and a long-term relationship bar with other people. Interacting with them influences these bars, depending on the interaction, whether they see it as positive or negative. Small green plus symbols or red minus symbols appear on top of a person's head in any social interaction in the game to indicate how another person feels about your character. The problem with me is that I am autistic and I cannot see those plus or minus signs that appear on top of a person's head. Nor can I verify my relationship status and bars with other people. I have to jump into social interactions blind and just hope for the best.

431767_10151055788881965_1184700449_n.jp

"She totally wants me."

• Like 2

this is part of why I got an IUD

I have a tubal, so I dont "need" an IUD or any sort of birth control, but it might be worth it just for the hormonal aspects alone, but would the dr. prescribe it just for that? and ROFL J had a dream that I told him I was pregnant the other day, then told him it was someone else's baby, and then I said "well I only cheated on you with him 5 times, its no big deal" LOL! No wonder we have issues :P 

Real-life interpersonal relationships is like how it is in The Sims 2. You have a short-term and a long-term relationship bar with other people. Interacting with them influences these bars, depending on the interaction, whether they see it as positive or negative. Small green plus symbols or red minus symbols appear on top of a person's head in any social interaction in the game to indicate how another person feels about your character. The problem with me is that I am autistic and I cannot see those plus or minus signs that appear on top of a person's head. Nor can I verify my relationship status and bars with other people. I have to jump into social interactions blind and just hope for the best.

431767_10151055788881965_1184700449_n.jp

"She totally wants me."

OMG I want relationship bars!!!! People suck. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Dude. ... I haven't had sex since 2005.... the ONLY reason I have it is for period (and surrounding evilness) control

• Like 1

Spoiler

Dude. ... I haven't had sex since 2005.... the ONLY reason I have it is for period (and surrounding evilness) control

Sex? That's like some kind of cake, right? I need to try it one of these days. Everyone's been talking about it.