starsapart takes on new game + in 2015

49KzKjl.jpg

Happy New Year, nerds!  And happy new DOMS, for me... there could be worse ways to start a year. ^_^

Last year was the year of personal transformation.  2015, I hope, is a year of balance.  I don't make new year's resolutions, but here is a list of items I intend to work toward in 2015.... in my challenges and outside of them:

• Finally hit my goal weight/size and make the slow transition to maintenance mode without gaining any fluff back!
  • Zero out my credit card debt.  Zip, zilch, nada.
  • Do a dead-hang chin-up.
  • Do a dead-hang pull-up.
  • Consistently get back into my front splits on both sides.
  • Pass into the level 3/4 aerial fabric class.
  • Actually complete the beginner parkour course.... sans injuries, this time.
  • Deadlift 200lbs.
  • Bench press 100lbs (maybe this is a stretch goal, but I'm aiming!).
  • Complete an obstacle race.

In a general sense, I want to do more aerial, do more yoga, spend more time with people I care about (and less time being a depressed hermit), and make 2015 even better than 2014 was for me.  And 2014 was pretty great.

So, here I am, hitting start.  Let's make it a great year!

• Like 4

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

All of those goals sound amazing! Good luck with all of them! =D

Thanks!

Hi Maaya,

Just dropped in to tell you that you're awesome!  Happy New Year! I wish you success and good luck in all of your goals, I fully expect you will complete them all with ease :)

Eeeeeee, you're back!  Missed you!  Hope you're doing okay???

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Started out the new year with a 45 minute zumba class.  It'll be so much easier once our tiny living room no longer has a tree in it, ha!  A project for next weekend, perhaps.

Didn't overeat at my parents', though it was tough going.  Still, I'm okay on calories today, and THE HOLIDAYS ARE OVER, PRAISE ALL THE DEITIES IN EVERY PANTHEON.  Back to eating like a normal person and NO MORE CRAZY SPENDING.  Going to be sorting out finances in January... my challenge should hopefully help keep me on track.

Speaking of, my new challenge thread is up! ^_^

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

I managed to get my workout in at 9pm, which means I only just cooked and devoured dinner.  Ugh, what a late night.  But my experiment with salsa-smothered chicken was a success (take chicken breast, pour some high-quality salsa on top, bake in the oven, eat).  I'm always looking for new ways to eat chicken breasts after lifting, and this one's definitely a winner.  Yeah!  I love Trader Joe's Spicy & Smoky Peach Salsa.

Anyway, back to lifting today, and two weeks off helped cure my injury, but also had me regressing (as I knew I would).  Ah well, got a good workout, and have only two items left to check off for Assassins' Bingo!  So, my workout:

• 5 minute row
  • 4x5 assisted pull-ups
  • 3x60 second plank
  • Front squats: 5x5x45
  • Overhead press: 1x5x45, 1x4x55, 2x5x55, 1x4x55
  • Deadlift: 2x135, 5x160

Definitely felt tired out by the end, so mission accomplished.  Tomorrow, though....... tomorrow I'll tackle the hardest Bingo challenge.  24 hours of only water to drink.  No tea.  I want my mommy.

If I can do that, though, and post a recipe for the guild, I will have blacked out my card in time for my challenge!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

1.5 hours of open gym today, despite weather madness.  Driving to and from Boulder in dumping snow with limited visibility was...... something.

Sigh.

Anyway, worked on a few things - climbs, traditional and Russian, both sides.  Pencil/front split/pike progression with arms wrapped instead of wrist keys (still much harder, but better than last time!).  Figure-8 footlock on both pulls, both sides, then the angel/t bird/twirly bird progression on the right only because..... cold and snow and aching left ankle, sigh.  Didn't want to risk it.

Tried to copy a trick from my neighbor that started with a reverse twirly bird, but was not successful in figuring out the positioning for the start, alas.

Worked a lot on egg-beaters.  Still not mastered, but I had about four successful ones (and a dozen failures).  Also, bent-arm straddle-ups!  Not the best ever, but I did them!

On Tuesday, I'll have my first class at this studio.  I just hope I'm not behind everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I have had nothing but water to drink today (Assassins' Bingo - I am determined to get to blackout) and this is making me cranky and also throwing my snacking desires into overdrive.  I didn't realize how much I used tea to compensate for snacks, WOW.  Can't wait until tomorrow, when I get to drink tea again.  I guess it's fortunate that the drink I'm this addicted to is calorie-free and full of antioxidants and generally.... not bad for me.  If I felt about soda (or something comparable) the way I feel about tea, I don't know if I could ever manage to be healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Pretty good day, all in all, minus the fact that my car spun out on the way to work and I could have ben badly hurt.  It worked out, amazingly - wound up on the sidewalk but not having hit anything - so I feel like I was lucky.

Anyway, after work, walked 1.6 miles to meet BlackTezca for tea (yay!) in 9 degree weather (boo!), and after a long time lingering over tea, walked the 1.6 miles back to my car.  Free parking was apparently more important than being warm...............

Aside from this and quickly shoveling my deck/steps, no workout, but it's rest day, so all is as it should be.

Also finished up Assassins' Bingo!

Now, to finish eating, take my measurements, and have a relaxing evening before the utter madness that will be work tomorrow...........

Reminder: I won't be posting here for the duration of my challenge, so follow the link in my signature there if you'd like to follow along with more lifting and aerial adventures!

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

That's amazing! I'm sure you'll have a great year!!

• Like 1

Femmetrooper

Amazon Assassin | Level 2

|| STR 6 || DEX 3 || STA 4 || CON 4 || WIS 3 || CHA 1 ||

Introduction

Challenges: Running with Orcs, At the base of Cirith Ungol , Facing Shelob,

Battle Log: Climbing into Mordor

"Well, all good stories deserve embellishment.

You'll have a tale or two of your own to tell when you get back."

"Can you promise that I will come back?"

"No. And if you do, you will not be the same."

That's amazing! I'm sure you'll have a great year!!

Thanks!  It's going well so far in challenge-land for me.  :redface:

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

**hangs hammock and prepares for challenge break epicness**

• Like 2

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Hi guys, I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!  My last challenge was crazy successful, and I'm super thrilled about the outcome!  Also about my strength and dexterity scores... because I am a big dork.  But then, if you're here, you probably already know this.........

Anyway, it's time to regroup before the next challenge starts!  Interim week apparently aligns with shark week this time, because my life if pain.  AH WELL!  That doesn't mean I can't kick some butt anyway.

The plans for this week, subject to change, are:

Monday: aerial open gym (since I actually have today off!) and maybe a short lifting session

Tuesday: zumba

Wednesday: yoga for athletes, my favorite power yoga class!

Thursday: long lifting session

Friday: barre burn, if I get in; circuits if I don't

Saturday: first aerial class of the new session in the morning, and open gym in the afternoon (ooooof, I'm going to be tired)

Sunday: off to the mountains with me for some epic tubing and hot springs relaxation!  May zumba in the evening if I have the energy, or may just wander around Winter Park and count the walk as my active rest day workout

And then, new challenge!  I've got a theme in mind, so I just need to finish writing it up and find some good gifs.  Oh, and I need to settle on my life quest.  Do you guys want to help me?  WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT, OF COURSE YOU DO.  I have a few life quest options - which do you think is best?

1. Spring cleaning grab bag: make a list of various household cleaning tasks that need doing, assign points to each task, and aim for a certain number of points by challenge end.  This would not include completing every task, so I'd have some leeway in which ones I chose to tackle.  This option is probably the most practical, as well as being the least exciting.  The thought of making the list is a bit overwhelming, but I'd be fine once I got started, I'm sure.
  2. Improved skincare regimen: I slack on this sometimes, and I'm 30, so I really shouldn't slack on this.  Would include morning and evening skincare requirements, plus a weekly at-home facial.  This is probably an option that would be VERY BORING to challenge log readers, but I mostly find self-care enjoyable, and this is a habit that needs reinforcing.
  3. Make more memories: set a goal to do something fun every week and take pictures so I have some epic memories to look back on.  This is the year I want to take more pics in general, but so often I seem to forget..... or to hermit at home, and really, no one wants pics of me in a bathrobe on the couch, cuddling the cats.  Even I don't want those pics.  This is probably the hardest option for me.  I'm afraid that with my busy schedule, some weeks it may feel more like a chore and less like fun to do this.  But then again, I might find that I remember why fun is, you know, fun, and sort it back into my schedule and feel grateful.  I don't know.

So anyway, that's that, glad to have input and so on.

Now, to motivate myself to ignore the cramps, put on real clothes, and go shovel some snow before open gym......

• Like 3

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

shark_week-70685_zps553da9b2.gif

**leaves all the calorie free chocolate for Stars**

• Like 2

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

shark_week-70685_zps553da9b2.gif

**leaves all the calorie free chocolate for Stars**

This gif is amazing.  I love that video so much.

Also, calorie-free chocolate would basically be life-saving right now.  If you ever figure out how to make that happen, you'll be the richest man on the planet, I'm pretty sure.

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

The way I see it, the Life quest is more about helping you and less about entertaining us (that's what lifting an aerial is for, lol). Option 2 sounds like a useful quest that'd help you slow down and appreciate you. Particularly the facial. You can post all about it and make us jealous.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

I personally vote for skincare or making fun memories.  Definitely those two are more for you to relax than just add to any stress (which the spring cleaning grab bag might be).

• Like 2

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

I'm leaning towards something like your option 1 for my life quest. Blaaaaaah. Snoozetastic but I KNOW it needs to be done... maybe I'll still gamify it and make it a bonus quest?

I like #3 best personally, but you're totally right, you don't want it to be a chore! I've gotten fairly natural at snapping pics and love looking back to a year ago and remembering the cool stuff! :)

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

So.... two votes for #2 and two for #3, and no one things I should clean. :D  Thanks guys, I love you.  All in all, the house is pretty tidy; maybe we're better off just setting aside a weekend to scrub it down...... hrm, my sister-in-law may be coming to visit, so there's a convenient reason...........

Okay!  I think I will go with the skincare, and do the fun stuff as a "bonus."  That way, if it's overwhelming, I'll just back off. ^_^

Right, that said, today didn't work out entirely as planned.  I shoveled about a foot of snow and lugged a dozen big, heavy bags of clothes out to the carport (the donation pickup is tomorrow), and of course I went to open gym.  I ended up not lifting, because I felt like death walking (thanks, shark week).  I'll stay after work tomorrow and lift, hopefully.  Oh, and I also tried the advice I was given about taking my iron supplement in the middle of a meal.  I literally cleared half my plate, popped the pill, then ate the rest of my dinner.  WE SHALL SEE WHAT WE SHALL SEE.  Okay so far, so crossing fingers....... Dinner, by the way, was garlic and herb mac and cheese.  I was madly hungry, it fit my macros, and my uterus thanked me.

Anyway, open gym!  Quite successful, actually!  Did traditional and Russian climbs, sideways and angel and upside-down descents.  Lots and lots and lots of hip keys.  These were much better on my right today.  Also, FINALLY GOT THROUGH MY BELAYS UNAIDED.  I have a video of the full sequence, in fact!  That said, do keep in mind, it's shark week, so I hurt a lot, and I haven't gone all the way through this without breaks and help prior.  Mostly to say, I am making a lot of weird faces and there are some less than graceful limb flailing-moments, but whatever, now that I know what I'm doing, I can work on making this look pretty:

Also, some very slight progress on helicopter and, um, I think that's it?

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

So.... two votes for #2 and two for #3, and no one things I should clean. :D  Thanks guys, I love you.  All in all, the house is pretty tidy; maybe we're better off just setting aside a weekend to scrub it down...... hrm, my sister-in-law may be coming to visit, so there's a convenient reason...........

Okay!  I think I will go with the skincare, and do the fun stuff as a "bonus."  That way, if it's overwhelming, I'll just back off. ^_^

Right, that said, today didn't work out entirely as planned.  I shoveled about a foot of snow and lugged a dozen big, heavy bags of clothes out to the carport (the donation pickup is tomorrow), and of course I went to open gym.  I ended up not lifting, because I felt like death walking (thanks, shark week).  I'll stay after work tomorrow and lift, hopefully.  Oh, and I also tried the advice I was given about taking my iron supplement in the middle of a meal.  I literally cleared half my plate, popped the pill, then ate the rest of my dinner.  WE SHALL SEE WHAT WE SHALL SEE.  Okay so far, so crossing fingers....... Dinner, by the way, was garlic and herb mac and cheese.  I was madly hungry, it fit my macros, and my uterus thanked me.

Anyway, open gym!  Quite successful, actually!  Did traditional and Russian climbs, sideways and angel and upside-down descents.  Lots and lots and lots of hip keys.  These were much better on my right today.  Also, FINALLY GOT THROUGH MY BELAYS UNAIDED.  I have a video of the full sequence, in fact!  That said, do keep in mind, it's shark week, so I hurt a lot, and I haven't gone all the way through this without breaks and help prior.  Mostly to say, I am making a lot of weird faces and there are some less than graceful limb flailing-moments, but whatever, now that I know what I'm doing, I can work on making this look pretty:

Also, some very slight progress on helicopter and, um, I think that's it?

Maybe a couple limb-flaily moments, but not very many. I bet it wouldn't take much to make that routine pretty. 

Also I agree with #2. Spring cleaning is not fun, and it sounds like you need something that will make you feel good. If it helps, though, I will nag you about taking pictures at Winter Park on Sunday :D

• Like 1

Level 8 Asura Warrior

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 [10]

Maybe a couple limb-flaily moments, but not very many. I bet it wouldn't take much to make that routine pretty. 

Also I agree with #2. Spring cleaning is not fun, and it sounds like you need something that will make you feel good. If it helps, though, I will nag you about taking pictures at Winter Park on Sunday :D

You're sweet.

I did intend to take pics on Sunday anyway, so you won't need to nag too much.

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Yay Belay! That's one of my favorite things. It looks like your sequence will smooth out pretty nicely in not much time. It's a matter of muscle memory, now.

Yeah, I think so, too.  Now that I know what I'm doing, next time I will try to maintain a pleasant facial expression (lol) and hopefully not be in massive pain, so then I can concentrate on my movements and make them fluid.  At least I can get through this!  Now, to remind myself to crossback the other way and try it on the left...............

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Not being in massive pain is a noble pursuit.

6ad558e9be34d81ae3f235946f9fea8b80d3894b

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup, so much of this.

Eh, in a few days I'll be feeling like a human again.

Trying to figure out quest rewards for next time, as well, so if you guys have any fun ideas, share them with me!  I know that I can always buy more geeky workout tanks, but I actually finally have enough workout shirts so.....

Eyeing a nice leather jacket, only by the time this upcoming challenge ends, I likely won't be able to wear it until the fall, so it seems silly.

HALP, TRUSTY INTERNET BUDDIES!

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Fun rewards:

• Cheap tickets to a show/dance/acro jam
  • An afternoon of binge watching your media of choice: trashy TV, anime, classic movies, etc. Essentially giving yourself permission to veg out for a few hours and not feel guilty about it
  • Books (right now I want ALL THE BOOKS)
  • Leg warmers/arm warmers/fun socks (helloooo sockdreams.com)
  • Some kind of class/workshop (acro, silks, yoga, dance, cooking, knife skills, throwing stars, bo staff, whatever)
  • Look at your needs for Camp NF--fill in those gaps
  • Fun day out--whether on your own, with your wife, or a friend you don't see often. Walk around a park, go see a movie, window shop, putt putt golf, whatever
  • Swanky haircut/makeup revision or new lipstick/eye shadow/nail polish/whatever your jam is
  • Shoes--you just revamped your wardrobe. Need an awesome pair of shoes to finish it off?
  • Hire a cleaning service to give your place a professional once over
  • Vacation/mental health day off work

Hmm... that's all that comes immediately to mind.

• Like 2