Now that the holidays are over let's get back to it.

For those who are new to this challenge, this is the third PvP of this type that we've done. In the past it was 20 pounds in 10 weeks, but at the end of the last one, only a couple of people crossed the finish line. Also, with winter it might be a bit tougher, so we're gonna scale down and go for 10 instead.

For those returning, I bolded or struck-through some changes on the rules.

The "rules" are simple:

Sign up by posting your name, and starting weight in the 10 lbs. 10 weeks challenge spreadsheet. You are also welcome to opt for less weight or less time.

I added a new sheet for this challenge to the same old spreadsheet. All the info/details on it need to be updated, I'll do that before we begin. For now just add your name to the column labelled "Nerd".

Introduce yourself to the group, discuss your goals, motivation(s), and strategies. Also post a current link for your challenge or battle log. This way we can see what we're doing (easily) outside the PvP, and track each other down to nag each other for accountability's sake.

Cheer the group on. Stay positive, support others and draw on the support and advice of others. One of the main benefits of doing this is for accountability and support. Make this a positive place that people will want to keep coming back to. Post your favorite motivational quotes, funniest gifs etc. Make everyone want to spend time here, checking-in, gaining knowledge, gaining motivation. We definitley need more lol cats and such this time around.

Weigh-in weekly regularly. Add your weekly weights to the spreadsheet. Instructions are given therein. You can choose whichever day works for you, but do so by the Monday following that week. Most people choose a day that tends to be their lowest weight due to their weekly workout routine. You can report your lowest weight for the week, or your rolling average... whatever is most meaningful to you. Weekly weigh-ins are suggested, but absolutely optional.

All guilds are welcome.

Try out sidequests. Whoever leads the pack in weight lost will propose a weight loss tactic for others to try sometime during that week. It could be something that you've done that works for you. OR it could be something new you want to try. Share your knowledge or drag other people into doing something new with you. All sidequests are optional and will not be scored or graded. BUT, they are a good opportunity to share ideas, and try new strategies.

I figured we'd just drop the sidequest thing since we did so few on the last challenge.

Also, I don't think I'll be able to keep up with a weekly leaderboard, so if someone wants to do that, please do.

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

First day of the new challenge!

Jen here, and my challenge this time round hasn't changed much, weight loss is still the main goal. With previous challenges, it was kind of vague as to what my end result was going to be and I didn't have too much of a deadline so I fixed that. I am aiming for a loss of 35-40lbs by June 9th which averages out to around 1.5-2lbs a week. I still have a little room for error, but I do intend to be strict on what I do this time around. Motivation is mostly me wanting to look and feel better, but I do have clothes that I am going to be using as a target and work towards fitting into them. I also would love to travel and be in shape/healthy for that. Current strategies are working through the Rebel Strength Guide and eating Paleo (aiming for 100%, but realistically looking more at 90%). 

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/58834-writingweavers-back-on-the-wagon/

So, good luck everyone! Glad to be moving forward with everyone in this challenge!

Starting weight - 192lbs

Edit: If I read the board right, I would have seen that this starts next Monday xD 

• Like 1

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

What the heck.  I'll join in for another round.  I'll be pushing to hit 20 again, but it will be tough.  My focus will be on keeping in line with my MFP targets and with making big progress on a couple of exercises.  I am using the current 6-week challenge to try to complete the 100-pushup challenge, the 100-squat challenge, and to increase my planks to 120+ seconds.  If I am successful on these challenge goals, I think the weight loss will come.  

I will use 236.6 as my starting weight.  I am a little over that today, but that was my weight a week ago, and I want to base my progress on my "low water mark", not on where I am today.

Good luck to all.

Level 4 Ranger
STR 10 / DEX 6 / STA 6 / CON 8 / WIS 6 / CHA 5
Completed Challenges / PVP's: 
1 | 2 3 | 4 | YAYOG | 20-in-10

Current Challenges / PVP's: 5

I'm in. And I can do 10lbs in 10 weeks.  I'll more interested in inches lost, but I only really check those once a month, so let's go with the pounds again.

links to my battle log (wherein lies my challenge) are in my sig :D

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Hey all from the last challenge and any new joiners.

Turns out i've had a bad few months on the weight front, i've gained about 12lbs since early october :-/ I've been religiously strength training though so i hold some hope a small part of that might be muscle.

Would love to lose 10lbs in 10 weeks. It fits in nicely with my challenge goal of 6lbs in 6.

I'm starting this week if thats ok? I'll just sort myself on the spreadsheet. That way i finish just about when i next visit the States.

hey all, i'm back again. shooting for 10 lbs or more in 10 weeks. my challenge this time is to get back in the habbit of training and eating keto. short and simple.

challenge thread: You can go your own way

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Love the enthusiasm here! It's good to see some returning "faces", and new folks joining in.

I quickly the posts and so I'll answer a few questions/comments:

Start weight can be any weight measured in the week prior to start... the same goes for your weekly weight. This just adds some flexibility.

I was lazy yesterday, and will update the spreadsheet before we begin.

The 10# goal is just a guideline. You can do whatever weight you feel like you can do in 10 weeks. It's totally flexible.

Also weekly as a weigh in frequency is totally optional.

Also I'm going to add a column for waist measurements.

• Like 2

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

I probably won't be posting here that much but I liked the group so I signed up for my last 2.5kg (5.5lbs)!

It's not a big number, I know, but it has to go :)

Good luck everyone and don't forget to enjoy yourselves!

• Like 1

Base Character: Medusa

Class / Profession: Assasin

Level: 4
STR 1 | DEX 3.5 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 2.5 | CHA 8

Current challenge         fitocracy       tumblr

Fat/Weight lost

38%
38%

The spreadsheet has been updated.

I changed the dates and add a couple columns for starting waist and current waist. We won't do weekly measurements with waist, but you can at least track current vs. start, and total inches lost

• Like 3

--Stronkey Kong--

Oh shiny, can I join in? I lurked during the last PVP and loved seeing everyone's progress! My challenge is here and I have a weight loss goal I would like to hit this challenge (lose 5 lbs). After experimenting with tracking calories, I found that it is unfortunately not a good idea for me right now as it sends me into a shame spiral and negative self talk. Looking forward to seeing how everyone else is tackling their goals!

• Like 1

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

One quick note: In order to make the "weight lost" column work, you'll need to add your current weight to the "current weight" column.

My OCD already took care of this for everyone who has entered so far.

Same applies to inches lost if you're tracking that as well.

• Like 2

--Stronkey Kong--

Okay, so now my intro.

Many of you recognize me from the previous one or two weight loss PvPs we've done. I've been on NF for 1.5 years, and currently weigh more than when I started. I've been training with the warriors, so I heavily emphasize lifting weights in my exercise program, though I often add a bit of cardio here and there.

What makes me a Nerd: I'm a grad student in Genetics, I program computers a lot, and I love math and science. My favorite video game of all time is tied with TLoZ:Ocarina of Time  and FF7, but lately I've really gotten into the Assassin's Creed series. If I make it further a long I might have a new favorite. And, I grew my hair long to look more like Jon Snow in GOT... though I probably look more like Robert Baratheon, especially with the beard now, and twice in one evening two different people said my hair reminded them of Tyrion... even though I'm 6' 0" and "black of hair."

My PvP strategy:

Exercise: I'm going to start doing some light cardio every morning. Mostly walking. My gym recently started doing $1 coffee in the morning so that's a convenient incentive to get up at six and get to the treadmill. As mentioned before, I lift weights. I'm probably going to start a cycle of 5/3/1 next week.

Diet: I'm going to start on keto for the first couple of weeks. Then, I'm going to add fruit and starchy vegetables back in. Then, after two weeks of that, I'll add some healthy grains back in if progress is being made. I need to keep with low carbs, but no carbs is rough on my stomach over the long term. I'm kinda taking this from the cliffs notes of the south beach diet and combining it with my previous ketogenic diet experiences.

Carb additions: "carbless" veggies (<3g/serving, leafy greens etc. ) >> most other veggies (carrots, tomatoes) >> fruit/starchy veggies (potatoes,beans,squashes) >> whole grains (oats, brown rice) >> HI-GI foods, refined/polished grains (white rice, pasta, corn syrup) >> Pure garbage (candy, cake, desserts, HFCS, table sugar)

Measurements: I'll be tracking inches off my waist as well as weight., but I'm only going to do my weigh-ins once a month. I have a tendency to lose a couple of pounds one week, then relax and even falsely reward myself.

Tracking and rewards: Life is easier when I don't have to track anything. If I stick to the plan for a whole month and I see solid progress then I can reward myself. Also progress will affect addition of new carb containing foods, tracking, and exercise.

After one month...

X result will earn my Y reward(s)/penalty(ies):

10 lbs. lost  = add good carbs

2 in. lost = A night with friends, beer, and foods,

5 lbs. lost = add good carbs

1 in. lost = one cheat meal

<5 lbs. lost = add good carbs

0 lbs. lost = remove carbs

<5 lbs. gained (and no reduction in waist in.) = remove carbs, track calories

1 in gained = add 10 min cardio, 3 days/week.

5 lbs. gained (and no reduction in waist in.) = remove carbs, -300 cals/day

2 in. gained = add 20 min cardio, 3 days/week. (maybe switch to HIIT for 10)

10 lbs. gained = remove all carbs, -500 cals/day

Carb additions just go to the next rung of the above ladder. If I'm gaining weight, but inches are going down, I don't care, that's considered the best type of progress for strength training.

The best way for me to succeed at weight loss is to keep my mind off of it as much as possible. So I'll be hiding my scale, and focussing on lifting more each week at the gym.

Im-Ready-Lets-Do-This-Reaction-Gif.gif

• Like 2

--Stronkey Kong--

k, my weight and waist are both entered and back down not quite to where I was before the holidays but much of the bloat is now gone.  I would be pretty ecstatic if I could get into the 160s by the end of this challenge.  I haven't been that lean since undergrad and I am about to turn 38, so 15+ years, ouch.  I'm after it now though.  

Current: reorient

Old: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | a | b | battle log

Older: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

myfitnesspal | epic quest

So I'm starting out heavier. I can't believe this but over the weekend the scale hit 277#! WTF!

I did indulge on Friday, but that doesn't account for 73500 cals so something else is up. While I'm officially going for 10#, I'll be secretly going for 20# again.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--

I'm in! But I thought today was the start date...

Just got home from teaching off-site for a week, so I couldn't have weighed in last week anyway. I am up just shy of six pounds from the last challenge. I got lazy and hungry (and, I guess, thirsty) over the holidays.

Glad to be back at it.

I'm in! But I thought today was the start date...

Just got home from teaching off-site for a week, so I couldn't have weighed in last week anyway. I am up just shy of six pounds from the last challenge. I got lazy and hungry (and, I guess, thirsty) over the holidays.

Glad to be back at it.

Today is the start date.

We've just been chattering a lot, and Dradis is trying to cheat... :P

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--