Woot to wake up to.

Silly, tiny woot, but I'm still proud.

I've had knee problems since I was 18, due to poorly-fitted second-hand bikes and a bad fall while skiing. Last year, I realized that I sounded like an out-of-shape 70-year-old whenever I had to sit or kneel, groaning and bracing my upper body on whatever was handy to try to keep the weight off my knees. While that's acceptable for an out-of-shape 70-year-old, I felt it was pretty ridiculous for me at exactly half that age, and decided to do something about it. 

I started the beginner's bodyweight workout (which is what brought me to nerd fitness, thank you random google search!) in November of last year. I was really worried about the squats and lunges, trying to get my form right to keep from further mucking up my knees. I've always been a bad judge of the difference between push-through-it pain and you-better-stop pain, so progress was slow, but I was determined to keep at it. After 3 months, I still vary between being able to do 2 and 3 sets before falling over.

This morning, half awake, I got up to go to the bathroom and feed the stupid cat (who doesn't understand the concept of sleeping in). Usually I grumble and shuffle my way through this routine and go right back to bed, but this time, I realized that I had sat down, silently, with no bracing on anything, and zero knee pain. There's no way I can go back to bed now, and I'm a-ok with that. Tiny silly woot ftw!

• Like 2

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

SpecialSundae, 

Thank you, that is fantastic to hear. I was nervous about that because "everyone knows" squats and knee problems don't mix. :) I have had pain a few times, but I think that was from my form being off; fixing it and being careful to balance properly seems to have helped. 

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current