Greetings from a windy and hot South Africa

I'm 35, male from Somerset West, South Africa. 

I have been following NerdFitness for quite a while now, but never bothered with one of the challenges. I remember signing up back two years ago, but I never bothered with the challenges. Not sure really why, but I guess the fear of putting myself out there to the world kinda freaked me out.

Firstly I have always had weight issues growing up, I was always the big guy, if not the biggest. So always have had an low self esteem especially towards my body image, even when it wasn't really that bad. Back sometime in /2011 I hit pretty much rock bottom after I went through a divorce. I don't know how much I weighed back then, since most electronic scales says ERR the moment you hit their weight limit of 150kg, but we are guestimate starts at around 170 kg, could be more, I have no idea...

Anyways I have been on my own slow journey starting back in 2012, starting out with cutting out fizzy drinks and then slowly over time cutting out more junk processed foods. In January 2013 I started a C25k program, but had to stop halfway trhough due to shinsplints. In October 2013 I attempted it again, this time with the Zombies Run 5k trainer, and I haven't stopped yet, except for a few injuries along the way. I have found that I enjoy trail running way more than the road. I have completed quite a few runs last year including a few long trail runs of 17km and 22km up on Signal Hill, Lions Head and Table Mountain.

Currently I'm training (thanks to a lower back injury a slight pause for one more week) for two half marathons in two consecutive days. They are the Two Oceans 22km Trail run and the next day the Two Oceans half marathon. If I can survive just the trail run and not complete the half marathon I would still be a happy camper :)

My weight goal for this year is to reach that elusive double digits of 99kg, which means I have 27 kg to go. This would have been much easier as my eating has gotten a bit out of control these last two months and I gained 6kg since October, with ice cream being the biggest culprit.

post-12927-0-40470300-1421679037_thumb.p

Work in progress...

Welcome! You're so lucky to be a runner in S Africa - I've never been there, but the terrain looks amazing! 

If you want another FitBit friend, my profile is here: https://www.fitbit.com/user/2Y8KRC

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

WOW!!  :D

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs