Superbowl Predictions

Prediction  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the Superbowl?

• New England Patriots
    • Seattle Seahawks
    • Don't know/Don't care

All right Nerds, who do you think is going to win?

0ap1000000080247_video_cp.jpg?01AD=3uvlS

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I am morally obligated to despise all things Boston [except the Bruins], but I don't see Wilson & Co getting around that lying cheating cranky old man & his pretty-boy minion

After Game 7 in 2011, I can't root for the Bruins either (go Canucks!!).

I'm west coast born and raised, and really think the Hawks are going to have their hands full with New England. tTey're every bit as likely to pull trick plays as the Seahawks, have all the experience of past superbowls, and are unlikely to go for field goals instead of touchdowns when the Seahawks make mistakes. 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

I think the pats out smart the seachickens.  

• Pats can run the ball and chickens aren't as good at stopping it as they were last year.
  • Sherman is good at stopping big/tall and fast receivers that run deep routes (like Nelson) and can be beat badly by a quick receiver.  Pats do this better than anyone.  Pats WR = chickens DBs (for match ups.) 
  • Pats DBs >>>>>>>>  Chickens WRs.  Expect 8 in the box to stop Lynch with a spy on St Russell.
  • Wild cards will the chickens safety play.  Thomas is the best FS in the game and Chancellor is really really good.  How are they neutralized?
  • Same problem that Lynch gives to Defense is the same problem Blount gives to defenses.  Is the treat of Blount enough to force Chancellor into the box and keeps him from taking Edleman's head off (a'la Welker last years SB.)
  • Gronk has a big game?  Is he the one who takes Chancellor out of the zone?

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

After my trip to Boston I will be supporting the Pats.

The Dolphins dont do Superbowls :-/

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads 

After my trip to Boston I will be supporting the Pats.

The Dolphins dont do Superbowls :-/

They do too, it's just that Joe send them home, but he did give Dan a Diet Pepsi, so you feel like you won, right?

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

So the Pats got caught with underinflated balls, 11 of 12 of them apparently. Second time caught cheating in the post season under the current regime.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

So the Pats got caught with underinflated balls, 11 of 12 of them apparently. Second time caught cheating in the post season under the current regime.

Saw that... from what I read they're not going to forfeit the win... which, if it's true... I feel they should do.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Saw that... from what I read they're not going to forfeit the win... which, if it's true... I feel they should do.

Me too. I doubt they'll ever forfeit it, but I think the NFL should move quickly and remove them from the game. They apparently didn't learn from last time.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Me too. I doubt they'll ever forfeit it, but I think the NFL should move quickly and remove them from the game. They apparently didn't learn from last time.

I actually hadn't heard about that yet.  They definitely should forfeit, at the very least.  That's just sad.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I actually hadn't heard about that yet.  They definitely should forfeit, at the very least.  That's just sad.  

The current talk, from what I've read, is having them lose draft picks... which doesn't punish them like I feel it should. Again, if this is all true...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Why did the Ref's notice that the ball was unusually soft every time they spotted the ball?  Do they not care, or is it common?

Wheymen

Who cares about draft picks when the cheating gets you to the superbowl? Apparently not them, because they did it to win the superbowl last time it happened, stealing it from my beloved Eagles.

500 / 330 / 625

Why did the Ref's notice that the ball was unusually soft every time they spotted the ball?  Do they not care, or is it common?

They did when they went to spot it, and got a replacement when they did. They actually stopped the game to do it at one point.

500 / 330 / 625

They did when they went to spot it, and got a replacement when they did. They actually stopped the game to do it at one point.

Cause it happens all the time.  31 teams do it, no one cares...  Pats do it... and whole world burns...

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/bucs-qb-johnson-paid-to-have-footballs-altered-before-sb-37/2214490

Aaron Rodgers talked about it yesterday in an interview how most QBs like a deflated ball (except him of course.)  

• Like 1

Wheymen

Giselle Bundchen has been deflating Tom Brady's balls for some time now

Aaron Rodgers has Olivia Munn working on his; I'd say "Upgrade!"

Munn is the goddess of Nerds

Wheymen

Munn is the goddess of Nerds

That she is.

500 / 330 / 625

We're about dead even in the polls! I expected more opinions :)