Benched my Bodyweight

I've been spending the last five months since I found my new gym (Bodyworld in South Philly. It's amazing), trying to get bigger and stronger. I've always just been the tall skinny guy, and I wanted to change that.

So far, I've had great success, and today I hit a huge milestone. For the first time in my life, I was able to bench press my bodyweight.

For what it's worth, I'm 6'6", and weigh 210lbs (198cm and 93?kg for you funny furriners.) I originally started lifting my senior year of college about 3 years ago now, and went from ~170-185 or so, but then couldn't afford a gym for a couple years, and then in September finally was able to join a new gym, and managed to jump from 190 to 210 while bringing all my lifts up dramatically. This is fun.

• Like 5

Thanks everyone.

I had another w00t in the same workout, although this one was just a PvP ego boost. One of the stronger gymbros asked to work in on my deadlifts. Cool, I take pretty long rests at the end of my workout anyway. I get to my working set, supposed to be 340x1x5, so I put on my belt, chalk up and pull. Well fuck, I could only get 3. This guys straps up and everything, can't pull a single on it. It was the first time that I ever pulled a weight that someone who was decently strong couldn't pull.

• Like 1

Great work!!  You aware that we have a collection of tall slender folks around the forum?  

bigm141414 is about your size and is in the warrior forum (lifting)

shukar is 6'5 as well, tends to do rangery things (running)

7footgeek is not quite 7', but much closer than the rest of us (I think he's 6'9" or 6'10")  He's a monk (martial arts)

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Great work!!  You aware that we have a collection of tall slender folks around the forum?  

bigm141414 is about your size and is in the warrior forum (lifting)

shukar is 6'5 as well, tends to do rangery things (running)

7footgeek is not quite 7', but much closer than the rest of us (I think he's 6'9" or 6'10")  He's a monk (martial arts)

Great to hear there are some other ents out there. Right now I'm trying to transform from a willow into an oak (maybe a sequoia eventually)

Great to hear there are some other ents out there. Right now I'm trying to transform from a willow into an oak (maybe a sequoia eventually)

I'm only 6'2 but I'm all torso. I have the inseam of a guy 5'8" or so and the sleeve length of a guy about 6'6". Makes it a bitch to buy clothes and do pushups. [emoji1]

Congrats on the two big accomplishments.

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.