Determined not to be another Resolutioner

Greetings, Rebels.  I'm DrFeelgood.  I'm not a doctor, and I'm certainly not a drug provider. ;)  The name arose during a Halo LAN party back in the day after hearing the Motley Crue song on the car radio.  For consistency's sake I've stuck with it.

What I am is a husband and dad who works as an architect for the DoD.  I play a little guitar and a handful of team sports, but I spend most of my free time remodeling this old house and playing board games with my kids.  I keep an N64 and a modded Xbox (classic) with legacy emulators hooked up at all times so I can fire up some old favorites whenever the mood strikes--I'm currently wrapping up another playthrough of Ocarina of Time.

Once upon a time I served as a fighter-jet mechanic in the USAF.  Afterward I went to college and stayed in pretty good physical condition until graduation.  Then I went to grad school.  And I got married.  I worked an office job all through grad school.  Meanwhile my wife and I were blessed with three awesome babies.  After finishing the program I transitioned to an even more desk-intensive position, and a fourth (and final) awesome baby joined our household.  It's been twelve years now since I started putting on weight, but even then I was able to stay fairly active and convince myself that my health was okay--I even piddled around with counting calories on occasion (with moderate success, until I got bored).  Then I turned 37 and took a moment to objectively assess my condition.  I've been forced to slow way down due to my body, but the kids are only getting faster.  It's (past) time for a change.

I found NF through a web-search looking for a beginner's workout routine that I could do at home to get started.  The success stories of Staci and Saint inspired me.  I spent the last week of December reading everything I could find on fitness, nutrition, and strength.  I made a goal, created a plan, and got started with it on January 1st.  Now I'm here to be part of the community while I keep working on my transformation.

• Like 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?