Greetings, Earthlings!

Basic introduction; I'm 27 next month, married with a 15 month old little boy, I live in the city of Dubbo in NSW, Australia and I couldn't tell you exactly what I weight right now but its up around the 130kg mark and 160cm tall.

Hubby and I swore up and down once I had Daniel that we would make drastic changes so we could lead by example and raise a happy, healthy little boy instead of continuing the cycle of overweight parents raising overweight kids that led us both to where we are today. Then came the exhausting first year of parenthood and we ate more take out and consumed more caffeinated soda drinks than I'd care to admit. If anything we've both gained even more weight.

I believe my 3 biggest struggles to date concerning weight gain are: (1) Excuses. I'm the Queen of them. Too hot, too cold, I can't, I won't, I don't have time, I have more important things to do. Time to suck it up, Princess. (2) Sedentary lifestyle. I work in a reception position where I sit all day, and my favourite activities when I'm not at work are reading, watching TV shows a season at a time and going to the movies. (3) Mealtimes. I sleep as late as possible without being late to work so I skip breakfast, my first meal of the day is lunch, I eat dinner when I get home and then I snack once Daniel is in bed (ie. a bag of chips at 11.30pm).

I have 2 family members who've had surgery to help them lose weight and I've watched them sit down to an awesome looking meal and be unable to eat more than 2 mouthfuls; they're miserable and thin, and I'm miserable and overweight. Surely there's a third option?!

So here I am, heading for 30yo and sick of being the fat girl of the family, desperately wanting to be someone my son will never be embarrassed to have walk him to school and attend his important moments in public - I want to be someone who races him to school and he proudly high-fives when we get there. I want to be someone I can imagine my husband being attracted to. I want to have a more positive relationship with the girl in the mirror.

But I can't do it alone, and Rome wasn't built in a day. I've read as many pages on this site in the last 3 days as I could cram in and I've laughed, welled up, been inspired and laughed some more. This program seems to be exactly what I need; baby steps, slaying the dragon one battle at a time, with an army at my back screaming my name.

I'm officially on Day 3 of the Rebellion and I'm intentionally sticking exactly to the program - I don't want to get ahead of myself and have it all get too hard, then convince myself I did more than expected of me last week, this week I can do nothing.

Sorry for the long first post! I'll try and keep it short & sweet (like me) in the future.

- MidgetphoeniX

I'm not saying I'm Batman, I'm just saying no one has ever seen Batman and I in the same room before.