I'll make this intro short

Hi fellow nerds,

I am a Linux Systems Administrator/Python developer for Google in Atlanta and I am tired of being fat and weak. I started the year at 270lbs and have a goal to lose 100lbs and develop a little muscle tone. I am an avid golfer and hope that getting in better shape with help with my struggling game as well. My strength, speed, balance and flexibility all need a ton of work in addition to my weight.

I am a very picky eater, so instead of some restrictive diet, I am counting calories with MyFinessPal. It worked in the past to help me drop 50lbs, but I never developed a long term fitness plan to go along with it and eventually stopped counting and gained the weight back. I started with the Beginner's Body Weight Workout yesterday and it about killed me. I was able to do 20 squats, 10 lunges, 5 pushups (from my knees), 20 dumbell rows, 15 sec plank and 30 jumping jacks on my first try. I am in a lot of pain today because of it, but I will keep going and push myself to complete more every time.

I am very happy to have found this site and hope it will motivate me to continue with a fitter lifestyle from now on.

Matt