So, snow.

Are we still making storm puns?  Aw, hail no!  This has to stop.  There's snowy you flakes can keep this up for much longer. 

• Like 1

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.

These puns are really accumulating.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Another snow storm. It started only a few hours before I went to the gym, so the parking lot was a bit slippery...and I was like "ok I got this" and sped up in the parking lot, abruptly turned the steering wheel, did a 180, and ended up perfectly lined up for the parking spot I wanted.

tumblr_ljrbtcdPNJ1qfc7r3.gif

Srsly though, I'm getting better at winter driving, there snow question about it.

• Like 1

I have about 2-3 feet of snow on the ground right now.. with some 3-4 foot banks.

It's snowing today and the forecast this morning said: Snow from Saturday to Monday. $-%-%*$*, that's not a forecast, that's the basis for SyFy original movie.

Assuming a shovel load of snow weighs ~20 pounds, it takes me about ~75 shovel loads to clear the porch, walk and plow bank, I have moved 4,500 pounds of snow in the past 2 weeks.

• Like 1

*Cue slightly disturbed laughter*

My challenge includes working out 6 days a week. Other than yoga, I've been doing nothing but shoveling, and it totally counts. My arms and shoulders are getting a killer workout.

I swear everytime I go out there I am going to do it properly and bend at the knees.. that lasts about 10 minutes.

Now it's become part deadlift, part farmers walk. The snow banks are too high to pile anymore at the end of the driveway so I have to carry it half way back towards the house to dump!

Snow how has everyone been dealing with the snow?

Sunday here in NY, we are going to be having bad snow storm because mother nature hates New York state

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Snow how has everyone been dealing with the snow?

Sunday here in NY, we are going to be having bad snow storm because mother nature hates New York state

I'm still waiting for our first snow here... we've had snow luck with getting any.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I have about 2-3 feet of snow on the ground right now.. with some 3-4 foot banks.

It's snowing today and the forecast this morning said: Snow from Saturday to Monday. $-%-%*$*, that's not a forecast, that's the basis for SyFy original movie.

Assuming a shovel load of snow weighs ~20 pounds, it takes me about ~75 shovel loads to clear the porch, walk and plow bank, I have moved 4,500 pounds of snow in the past 2 weeks.

Snow is generally only about 10-20% the density of water in most places, before being packed down. It about doubles when packed.. A gallon of water is 8 lbs, so unless you have a 12.5 gallon shovel and are on the high end of the density, that's probably not very accurate. It can feel that way based on where you are holding your shovel though.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

My poor friends in Boston are starting to go a bit bonkers, the Mayor had to tell people to stop jumping from their windows into 5 and 6 foot snow banks.  http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/02/17/mayor-urges-knucklehead-bostonians-not-to-jump-out-of-windows-and-into-the-snow/

I figure they're about 2 more storms away from full on, Mad Max, cannibal-tastic apocalypse.. 

• Like 1