Hello! 

My name is Melissa. I am a university student studying archaeology on the East coast of Canada, and I absolutely love it! I have found my passion for a career. I am learning to find my passion for health and fitness. But for most of my 26 years on this earth I have been relatively sedentary, so it is a struggle. I am slowly getting it!

My nerdy passions are sci-fi and fantasy books, Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, Firefly and World of Warcraft. I am also really interested in tabletop gaming; and I have a nice little collection of Circle Orboros miniatures from the Game War Machine and Hordes. I just have no one to play them with, nor the time at the moment to play. 

My goals for 2015 are:

1) Prepare to run a half marathon in the fall

2) Get my diet straightened out (I want to be healthy so I can run faster and further!)

3) Quit the soda, the only thing that comes from that is rotting teeth and unwanted pounds

4) Keep thinking and acting in positive ways! I want as little negativity as possible this year

With all this in mind, I am starting a daily battle log! Within the next week I will update on my weight and bmi, and also perhaps add before photos.

I go to university full time, and I work somewhere between 24 to 31 hours a week on top of it, so I have a pretty hectic schedule. But updating my battle log will be the last thing I do every night before I go to bed. 

Melissa

Level 0 Lycan Scout

Daily battle log | FitBit |

Day 1

I reached my 10,000 step goal for the day, I didn't make it to the gym though, but I have plans to go swimming with a friend on Thursday, plus I will be walking to school the rest of the week.

Breakfast

chocolate chip muffin

tea

Lunch

slice of pepperoni pizza

water

Supper

macaroni and cheese

water

tea

Snacks

navel orange

more tea. I like tea.

Thoughts on the day:

Well I didn't eat very well today, but I did get in some good distance walking. I think that's a good start. I can pick up the pace tomorrow with my eating habits.

Daily Nerd dose:

I was chatting with my sister today about step counters, and it turned into a discussion about pokémon. I think I need to get my hands on a gameboy colour and some old school pokémon games. 

Melissa

Level 0 Lycan Scout

Daily battle log | FitBit |