Hey all... My name's Ethan. I'm what you might call a "renewbie". I joined NF two years ago, and had a remarkable 2013. By October 2013, I was where I wanted to be in terms of weight (160 lbs) and on the way to where I wanted to be in terms of strength and flexibility.

Then, I stopped.

2014 was basically a mess. I stopped going to karate, I took a new job with a long commute (one that drove me right past Jack In The Box, McDonalds, and Dunkin Donuts), and I put back on a bunch of weight (going as high as 180-185 lbs.). I was unhappy with my appearance.

So 2015 will be my "renewbie" year - erasing what happened last year, and this time maintaining my gains. I'm at the gym at least 4 days a week, fencing at least one day a week, and on the archery range at least once a week (that last one may not be a great workout, but it's relaxing).

I look forward to sharing my successes and hearing you all share yours.

• Like 3

Archer | Fencer | Painter | DM

A call to adventure...

Level 3 Ranger - Current Challenge [2] [1]

STR: 7   |   DEX: 8   |   STA: 7   |   CON: 10   |   WIS: 2   |   CHA: 3

Welcome back to NF and good luck on your goals. You've done it once, so you know you can do it again! You've got a perfect mix of rangerly skills going!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Thanks, friend. The thing I remember most clearly about the last time I made this work was that after the first week or two, everything became much easier. Diet choices were automatic, going to the gym was automatic, drinking water throughout the day was automatic. I'm not quite back to that point, but already I look forward to going to the gym at the end of the workday.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Archer | Fencer | Painter | DM

A call to adventure...

Level 3 Ranger - Current Challenge [2] [1]

STR: 7   |   DEX: 8   |   STA: 7   |   CON: 10   |   WIS: 2   |   CHA: 3