I may have technically "failed" the first two or three 6-weekers, but having just been away for a month (does commuting count as cardio?), I'm jumping back into this one halfway through.

New goals for this time:

1. Cycle 5km in under 10 minutes.

1. MAINTAIN or GAIN weight. I want to get fitter but I don’t want to lose any weight, or I risk being at an unhealthy level.  I’ll monitor this, and probably eat better (i.e. more frequently and regularly) because of it.

1. Cycle 20km in under an hour.

And if it doesn't work, well, it's nearly time for the next challenge anyway. :tongue:

Edit: It worked, so here's the new challenge.

• Like 1

Level 0 Pixie. My Quest
STR 0|DEX 2|STA 0|CON 1|WIS 7|CHA 5

(I'm not actually wise or charismatic - I just don't deserve any strength points yet)

Sorry to hear that your first couple of attempts didn't work out. It's great that you're coming back to give it another go though. Good luck :)

Out of interest what are your current times for your cycling like?

Thanks Toxophilite! You never know what will get in the way - I just know I'll keep coming back.

I actually tried when I got back to the exercise bike (yesterday) and cycled 20 in about 53 minutes, so I'll be readjusting that soon  :playful:

• Like 1

Level 0 Pixie. My Quest

(I'm not actually wise or charismatic - I just don't deserve any strength points yet)

Always remember:

giphy9_zpsaf69b2a1.gif

It's good to see you return after a few failures learning experiences.  I too have not completed many challenges and even fumbled on this one already so I share an affinity of Nerds like us.

Great job throwing down the 20km under time already I agree you need to adjust a little but remember not to go to extreme as to not add more pressure on yourself.  I look forward to you excelling and conquering your next challenge!

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Always remember:

giphy9_zpsaf69b2a1.gif

It's good to see you return after a few failures learning experiences.  I too have not completed many challenges and even fumbled on this one already so I share an affinity of Nerds like us.

Great job throwing down the 20km under time already I agree you need to adjust a little but remember not to go to extreme as to not add more pressure on yourself.  I look forward to you excelling and conquering your next challenge!

I loooove this gif! I've not used tumblr for inspiration of this kind before but I've since followed that blog. Thanks!

I've read statistics about people dropping out and not coming back. I may have dropped out, but I didn't want to join the majority there. Go team persistent (/stubborn) nerds.

Today I did 10km in 23 minutes, but I need to regroup (/pass out) before I can figure out where to go from here.

Thanks for the messages of support!

Edit: I should probably mention I briefly felt like I was going to die so that's another thing to work on.

Level 0 Pixie. My Quest

Just steppin' in to see how your weekend was and how the start of the week is going...

giphy2_zps0fnyyrir.gif

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

I understand, I've done two challenges in the past and didn't complete either of them.  Like you, I'm back, and ready to try again!  I love the support and inspiration to be found on NF.  I hope it helps you as much as it's helping me :)  Work hard and stay focused - good luck!

• Like 1

“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.â€

~ Buddha

Fitocracy | My Blog | Shiny Dayglo Battle Log

Thanks everyone for your replies! It means a lot :D

I may have technically "failed" the first two or three 6-weekers, but having just been away for a month (does commuting count as cardio?), I'm jumping back into this one halfway through.

New goals for this time:

1. Cycle 5km in under 10 minutes.

1. MAINTAIN or GAIN weight. I want to get fitter but I don’t want to lose any weight, or I risk being at an unhealthy level.  I’ll monitor this, and probably eat better (i.e. more frequently and regularly) because of it.

1. Cycle 20km in under an hour.

And if it doesn't work, well, it's nearly time for the next challenge anyway. :tongue:

1. I just did 5k in about 10 minutes 30, and I wasn't trying too hard for the first 9 minutes as I was planning to cycle for forty minutes, so I'm changing this goal to 5k in under 8 minutes.

2. Still pretty much exactly the same.

3. As I beat this one earlier I'll go for 20k in under 50 minutes.

These should be okay goals for this time round, I hope - but I think I'll switch 2. for the much desired "do a hundred pushups". I dropped and managed 15 today. Oops. Hopefully the Bodyblade will help strengthen my twig arms!

My one question is: as I started halfway through this one and completed my challenges before knowing my own capabilities, do I count this as progressing to level 1, or go again this time round with my new challenges..?

Level 0 Pixie. My Quest