day 21 of elimination diet from the microbiome diet book. Psoriasis gone, blood sugar dramatically improved. Energy levels somewhat better...Welbutrin helps.

cleaned garage today and took stuff to goodwill. Dishes and laundry but no walking, except in Costco!

Med and supplements-

7:30 Synthroid, nasacort

8:00 two probiotics with 15 species total, Welbutrin, metformin, l-glutamate, berberine, digestive enzymes

11:30 cal mag butyrate, l-glutamate, iron supplement, digestive enzymes

Food so far

Smoothie with apple cider vinegar(ACV), blueberries, spinach, skinny gut protein powder, almond milk

Smoothie two with ACV, cherries, cocoa powder, spinach, skinny gut protein powder, almond milk

Dinner will hopefully be chicken stew with red wine, carrots, mushrooms and parsnips

Happy to talk about microbiome stuff and my experiences so far.

Ogre, but with a winning smile!

Adventurer with a touch of druid.

Attributes: all zeroes my firend, I am a n00b

Will join the next challenge!

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." - Anais Nin

Forgot a few things from yesterday.

Black tea in the morning with teaspoon of Lakanto (erythrodiol) and a splash of almond milk

Snack in afternoon of macadamia nuts.

Meds for dinner are digestive enzyme, cal mag butyrate, berberine, l-glutamine and metformin

Dinner was stew as mentioned, and 10 units of insulin (humalog). Half of what it used to be (woot!)

Bedtime meds: singulair, 400 mg magnesium, 10,000 IU vitamin D (I'm that low, yes), and 2K fish oil tablets

Insulin 16 units long acting (half of a month ago!)

Blood sugar this morning was 90. Like to shoot for below 85, but will stay at 16 units insulin for now

wakeup and AM meds were same as yesterday

morning shake included inulin, arabogalactan powder

Trying to deal with stress with deep breathing. Toddler is super cranky with mild allergies, but ASD kid is doing great, especially from last year. Mood is good, but I'm still too focused on food. I want this to become habit, and something I don't have to think about constantly.

Hoping next week I make time to exercise. Or dance more with toddler!

Will be adding resistant starch to smoothies, raw potato starch, to feed good colon bugs and make my own butyrate. It will probably be a rough transition, but it can't be as bad as the metformin pain!

It's really tough to post with the kids commandeering the electronics, but I'll try tonight. After a tough couple of days where mentally I was hitting the wall, I've made it out of the deep black and back into inhabited space.

Got to add eggs back to the diet on Sunday, and today added a little bit of goat or sheep dairy. So far no big problems and boy did I miss eggs. With microbiome diet phase II, I need to be 90 percent compliant. So far so good. Only "bad" thing I've eaten was on Sunday, some Humphrey Slocombe coconut sorbet. Oh wow was it sweet after a month of no sugar. Tasty though! But I'm not having rebound sugar cravings even after that, so I'm thrilled.

My average blood sugar is about 96! So happy.

Now I need to add exercise. I'm hoping to start bbww again soon, but at least I walked a couple miles on Sunday and up a huge hill on Monday. I need a better fitness tracker...the lumo lift is TERRIBLE

We'll I added back eggs, goats milk dairy and some occasional beans into diet and psoriasis crept back. I think I'll take out the beans and diary to see if that resolves it. God I hope it's not the eggs.

I got to go to the gym on Wednesday, and I've done lots of walking. I still need to make time to exercise and try more strength training other than holding toddler constantly.

I've added lactoferrin to pills. On medical front I've had to add progesterone to pills, and I'm not happy about it, but crushing pain versus slowed metabolism....I'll deal with the metabolism issues and try to up exercise.

Scale at doctors office says I've lost 17 lbs!

And paleo pecan coconut bars are awesome