Hello all,

I've recently discovered Nerd Fitness and have absolutly fallen in love with the idea. I have always struggled with keeping up my motivation and keeping myself accountable. Always doing well for a week or 2 if im lucky and then losing steam and giving in to temptation. The idea of incorporating RPG elements to my workout and diet is absolutly genius and i cant wait to begin racking up some achievments.

It looks like everyone is finishing up with a 6 week challange, but in the meantime i've decided to start getting things in order so i'm ready to start the next challange with a level head.  I've given myself a 1 week deadline to get my appartment in order, including mopping and the whole 9 yards. And then i am going to start making small diet changes: eliminating liquid calories, limiting grain intake, incorporating more home cooked and more natural meals. I've been looking into the Paleo diet and so far it looks promising. You guys have really sold me on the idea. The philosphy really syncs up with the rational part of me, i just worry about all the restrictions. It sound intimidating. And suggestions?

When does the next challenge start up? I cant wait!

Arkarian

Half-Elf | Lvl 0 | Aspiring Druid

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Challenges: 1

What defines you? Nothing; a definition excludes the possibility of change.

Welcome Arkaian! I'm new to NF too. Right now i'm working on body weight training and plan to do a challenge once I can complete 1 full circuit.

I love the paleo diet, but it came naturally and easy for me. My only suggestion is incorporate diet changes slowly so you don't go through withdrawals and cave in to a craving.

Best of luck!

Firelamb

What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph W. Emerson

Carry on warriors!

That's a great suggestion and something that i plan on incorporating. I usually don't do well with 180 changes to anything. I am also trying to compile a list of easy and reliable meals so i can be prepared and don't have to rely on snacking and fast food to fill in meals. That never works out well.

Arkarian

Half-Elf | Lvl 0 | Aspiring Druid

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Challenges: 1

What defines you? Nothing; a definition excludes the possibility of change.