Kicked the #$@( out of Cravings!

It's a tiny little improvement, but as someone with a HUGE sweettooth, I'm really proud of myself today. Milkshakes are my favorite things in the whole world, and I figured I'd been good on my diet lately, I could probably swing by McDonald's down the street for a small vanilla shake.

FYI, those things are 530 calories, 15g of fat, 86g of carbs, and 63g of sugar.

Instead, I decided I'd put my new blender to use and had a (much more delicious) chocolate banana shake for under 200 calories. The unhealthiest thing in the entire shake was a tablespoon of Splenda.

• Like 4

I'm sitting here thinking about tomorrow being Fat Tuesday, the 1/2 container of ice cream I ate last night, how nasty it is to work out on a sugar stomach, and how much I want a Berliner/Krapfen tomorrow (I've eaten one every fat tuesday since leaving Austria)... I really need to follow your example and make a better choice, don't I?

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Thanks all :)

IslandGirl, treating yourself every once in a while is okay! I don't know what a Berliner/Krapfen is though, I've never been out of the US and it's probably a good thing. I've heard so much about sweets in other countries I'd probably come back to America 600+ pounds lol. Maybe instead of every week do it every other week? Or try to make a healthy version of a Berliner and let me know how to do it so I can try it too

A Berliner (called Krapfen in Austria) is a jelly doughnut dusted with powdered sugar... When I lived in Austria, I ate pastries much more often than I do here (in the USA) but rarely had cravings and actually lost weight. I attribute it to the overall lifestyle; I walked a ton!

So Fat Tuesdsay/Karneval/Mardi Gras... I had an apple fritter for breakfast, and the Krapfen later in the day. By midnight I was bowing before the porcelain throne... so yeah, it would have been better to hold out and kick my craving!

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs