[Ongoing] Quest for 1,000 lb Club PvP (Closed)

Alright, the gauntlet has been thrown down! Who will be the next to enter the 1,000 lb club? This is a closed PvP limited to the contenders listed below...

mattyboy7one8 - 905 lbs

Rookiebeotch - 910 lbs

Darwins_Demons - 915 lbs

Castiel - 920 lbs

wovercast - 945 lbs

All totals were confirmed in the VVLL with the exception of myself. I had my own informal meet at my fitness center a week before the VVLL.

LET'S DO THIS!

d63df52fd08e5558340ebbd33fe9f2d4.jpg

• Like 2

So I test my maxes again the last full week of March.  But I think everyone is safe as I don't see me hitting the numbers my program says I should be hitting.  BUT I'll be getting focused on the big 3 and following my program to the letter once I get this first strongman under my belt. 

We need to figure out some type of wager as well. 

Are any of you guys beer drinkers?

• Like 1

What do you have in mind?

Beer "trade". Losers send the first guy 2 'local' beers. 2nd to hit it gets 1 beer from each of the remaining.

The remaining 3 just feel the pride of eventually getting there, but with no prize beer

Beer "trade". Losers send the first guy 2 'local' beers. 2nd to hit it gets 1 beer from each of the remaining.

The remaining 3 just feel the pride of eventually getting there, but with no prize beer

I like it!

I wonder if there might be more opportunity for beer prize to provide incentive for those lagging. But logistics get complicated with so many beers in the mail.

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Question 1: Are we going for competition style maxes? All three in a day, or just best lift in each.

Question 2: Videos for proof?

I'm generally okay with the idea of NOT doing meet style, but I think the lifts need to be in the same week.

I'll likely do a video just cause, but the group can decide.

So I test my maxes again the last full week of March.  But I think everyone is safe as I don't see me hitting the numbers my program says I should be hitting.  BUT I'll be getting focused on the big 3 and following my program to the letter once I get this first strongman under my belt. 

We need to figure out some type of wager as well. 

Are any of you guys beer drinkers?

Definitely....

Question 1: Are we going for competition style maxes? All three in a day, or just best lift in each.

Question 2: Videos for proof?

I'm fine either way, as long as we decide. Personally I prefer to do all in the same day to consider myself "in the club". But it is easier to work testing into my program if I test different days. I agree it should be limited to a week though.

As far as a wager, I am down for whatever. Last PvP I did was for an NF shirt...

Oh, and I plan to do videos.

FYI, my 265 lb bench press was touch and go. I plan to pause for this PvP. So I am not as far ahead as you think. More like 925 lbs.

Haha I'm happy to hear this. Brings you a little closer to the pack.
  • Like 1

I would assume the shipping would be in the $15-$20 range. Is that too pricey?

That's a week's worth of protein!

Hrrmph...

Things like that look very different from the perspective of a perpetually broke graduate student.

Fuck it! Assuming nobody hits 1000 lbs. tomorrow I guess its fine. I've got time to set it aside.

I guess there's my incentive to lift my ass off and get to the top. And get some beers.

BTW: Where's everyone from? I'd like to know where my victory beers are coming from.

I'm in Wisconsin. (That's your incentive to beat me.)

Matty's in Chicago...

(I'm just assuming we're doing this now.)

• Like 2

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

I guess there's my incentive to lift my ass off and get to the top. And get some beers.

I was gonna say, just hit 1000 first and there's no worries

I live in Hawaii. I hope I win.

My total before VVLL, 890. My VVLL will be on Thursday. My BW is about 185.

Lol maybe we should wait until Thursday before you officially apart of the PvP. With our luck, you'll post a 995# total Thursday then hit 1000# in 2 weeks.
  • Like 1

That's a week's worth of protein!

Hrrmph...

Things like that look very different from the perspective of a perpetually broke graduate student.

Fuck it! Assuming nobody hits 1000 lbs. tomorrow I guess its fine. I've got time to set it aside.

BTW: Where's everyone from? I'd like to know where my victory beers are coming from.

I'm in Wisconsin. (That's your incentive to beat me.)

Matty's in Chicago...

(I'm just assuming we're doing this now.)

I'm in Tennessee! We have some good stuff here.

Philly here, and whoever gets my beer will be getting it from one brewery. We have to buy by the case in PA, so I'll be picking up a brewery sampler.

If we are still voting, I am voting for meet style, all in one day. I would be a hell of a lot closer, I think, if it didn't have to be meet style. Videos are tough for me though, so I'd rather it be an honor system thing. If you all decide otherwise, I'll make it work, but it's super inconvenient, especially for something like bench, where I need a spotter too.

• Like 1

Philly here, and whoever gets my beer will be getting it from one brewery. We have to buy by the case in PA, so I'll be picking up a brewery sampler.

I don't know how far south you are in Philly, but if you ever get out by Northern Liberties, there's an awesome "bottle shop" called the Foodery where you can buy by the bottle and create your own 6 pack.

I don't know how far south you are in Philly, but if you ever get out by Northern Liberties, there's an awesome "bottle shop" called the Foodery where you can buy by the bottle and create your own 6 pack.

The bottle shops are cool, ( they work on a deli license) but they cost so much more than the beer suppliers. It's a stupid system.

And let's do it all in one competition/meet style.

As for videos, I'm cool with the honor system and whoever can and wants to do videos can. I like videos to check form, depth and the length of the pause on the bench.

Usually I just setup my phone on a bench or box and prop it up with whatever to take videos