THE NEXT 6 WEEK CHALLENGE STARTS MONDAY, JULY 28th. [Challenge Forum] is now live!

Helpful Links to start the challenge:
[Challenge Instructions]
[Challenge Rules Subforum]
[Challenge FAQ]
[Role Playing] - Creating your character and rolling your stats
[Guild Leaders and mods] - If you have questions or issues these are the people to ask :)

Photo
- - - - -

Chat Room

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 spezzy

spezzy

NF Deadlift Champion

• Administrator
  • 5723 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:32 PM

Hi Everyone! You may need to log out and log back in to see it (and you may not) but if you look at the bottom of your screen - we have installed a chat room/im software. give it a shot, let us know if you see any issues! ps - everyone please thank topher for his help/being awesome :) A FEW THINGS: -To get someone to show up in your Who's Online" window, you need to add them as a friend. To do that, click on their username, click on "Add to contacts" - you will then be brought to a page that allows you to add them as a friend -To disable sounds/notifications, click on the gear that's to the bottom right hand of your screen, to the right of the Whos Online menu - that will let you set your status and disable any notifications you want. -The chatrooms are to your left. Create your own or go in the main one. I don't care :) -If you want the chatrooms in their own window, press "popout". It's the third option, next to "create chatroom" -Yes, you can draw your own pictures. Lets try and keep them clean, hmm? :) -I will add to this list as I learn more :)

Edited by spezzy, 26 December 2011 - 05:20 PM.

Viking Warrior
"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'"
Twitter  - Instagram - Current (April 14) Challenge

#2 bigm141414

bigm141414

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 8461 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:47 PM

It's gettin all kinds of krunk up in thur.... (kids still say krunk right?)

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

#3 MMyers

MMyers

Renegade

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

Thank you Topher!

#4 bigm141414

bigm141414

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 8461 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

Issues I've seen: 1) Database Errors on the forums. Everyone in a while I'll get this error when refreshing the new posts. 2) Profanity filter is set a little too strict. Suck is not a bad word that needs to be bleeped out.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

#5 bananandrea

bananandrea

Rebel

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

It lags a bit on my end. Takes a few seconds to load my message I sent. Other than that... So far I find it AWESOME. Love it so much :)

Make today your someday~~~"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line~~~"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer~~~"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

#6 Oogiem

Oogiem

Renegade

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1204 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

I'm seeing a lot of very slow loading pages and the same database errors on loading posts that didn't happen before the chat got installed. Not sure if it's related though.
Oogie McGuire Black Sheep Shepherdess STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

#7 bananandrea

bananandrea

Rebel

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

Ok.None of the chat rooms are showing up for me. Just one. Lobby+ right now. Is anyone else having this issue?

Make today your someday~~~"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line~~~"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer~~~"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

#8 bigm141414

bigm141414

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 8461 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

It's the only one that has been created ;)

#9 bananandrea

bananandrea

Rebel

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

Last night I was in the "Rebel Central" Chatroom though. AND I created a chatroome "NaNoWriMo Squad" Both are now gone.

#10 bigm141414

bigm141414

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 8461 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

mine shows up. and stays there There may be a time out that clears rooms if people aren't in it for a while.

#11 bananandrea

bananandrea

Rebel

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

Ah. That could be. That would suck though... Interesting thing this technology.

#12 bigm141414

bigm141414

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 8461 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

Looks like there is a 30 min time out. The room closes if no one goes in. I guess that means you'll just have to stick around forever 'drea, in order for your NaNoWriMo room to remain ;)

#13 bananandrea

bananandrea

Rebel

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

FOREVER STUCK IN NERD FITNESS!!!!

#14 Christolphe

Christolphe

Rookie

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:16 AM

Can someone tell me where the chat room is? I can't access it and I don't see it anywhere?!

#15 zdub

zdub

Rookie

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

There should be a bar at the bottom of the screen when viewing this. On the left side there is a button that says Chatrooms. Click on that and a list pops up. Right now, no one is in chat and no chat rooms exist. But usually someone makes one called Nerd Fitness. I just made it, so if you want to come check it out it should show up in the Lobby now.

#16 Oogiem

Oogiem

Renegade

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1204 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

Is it me or is no one in chat much at all? I've been checking each time but there are no rooms and no one there after the initial couple of days.
Oogie McGuire Black Sheep Shepherdess STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

#17 Carjack

Carjack

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:47 AM

It must have been deleted when everyone logged out. Normal chat users can create rooms, so I recreated the chatroom and will be idling in it all day. I won't be here most of the time to chat but the room should last a while.

#18 spezzy

spezzy

NF Deadlift Champion

• Administrator
  • 5723 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:12 PM

chat time = nao
Viking Warrior
"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'"
Twitter  - Instagram - Current (April 14) Challenge

#19 Loren Wade

Loren Wade

Lion on a Bicycle

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7727 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

Give me 20 minutes, I'll be on!

#20 Loren Wade

Loren Wade

Lion on a Bicycle

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7727 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

We have a decent chat going on right now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users