So...hi. I'm Celidah. I joined Nerd Fitness in 2012, all fired up about how I was going to get fit and change my life. I had a plan, a Level 50 vision, and I was convinced I was going to be a heroine.

But I wasn't consistent, and I realized that my workout routine was both too tedious and too difficult. So I just...didn't do it anymore. And I drifted away from the Rebellion for two years.

Fast forward to this past April. I discovered a new obsession: geocaching. Geocaching started getting me outside, taking long walks, climbing trees, and generally enjoying myself. I discovered that geocaches were placed all alongside the bike trail located two blocks away from my apartment. At the same time, I started thinking about riding a bike around town to save gas. So I bought an old bike off a friend for $10 and started riding and geocaching the trail alongside my DH, who jogged until he bought his own bike and rode with me.

Then I realized that I loved riding my bike. I became winded far more often than I liked, but that didn't diminish my enjoyment. I found out the aforementioned bike trail ran all the way from one border of my state to the other, and I started talking with DH about eventually riding the entire length of the trail.

And then it clicked. I had found the kind of exercise that I enjoyed doing--that I actually wanted to do. And I had inadvertently found a new, feasable Level 50.

And so, here I am again, the prodigal daughter returned. Since it's the winter, DH bought me a bicycle bracket so I can keep using it inside. I started a new rudimentary workout plan that's more doable and more enjoyable.

The good news is that I have been eating really well for the past two years. That hasn't changed. Now just to figure out this exercise thing. 

I am back in the game, hopefully, this time for good--and the Rebellion, of course!

• Like 1

So great to have you back! Finding something that works for you, that challenges and rewards and engages you, rather than it feeling like a chore, is absolutely crucial. Riding your entire state sounds incredible! I'm guessing that a bicycle bracket keeps the rear wheel off the floor, so that you can use your normal bike, but it won't go anywhere.

Select Continue! That Level 50 is waiting!

Sylph Spellblade | Level 10 STR 5.2 | DEX 4.2 | STA 6.2 | CON 11.32 | WIS 6.75 | CHA 7.3

17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

Thanks! That's more or less what the bracket does, yes. Specifically, it fit into the hub of the rear wheel and, as you guessed, lifts it off the floor so the wheel spins in mid-air. The front wheel rests on a little plastic caddy so it's off the floor, too. My particular model also has a metal bar that can be adjusted to rest against the back wheel's tire and add resistance. I love the bracket because it's much cheaper than an exercise bike, easier to store, and just plain makes more sense than buying a whole another piece of equipment.

DH and I are both really looking forward to me being able to ride the trail without me getting winded so darned easily.  :smile-new:

This is a really awesome respawn.  I'm with you on this, I also rediscovered biking a couple of years ago, and it is awesome.

Keep us posted on the progress, the bike trail will be ready for you in no time at all.

Level 2 Human Squire

I want to be a Paladin.  Current Challenge Battle Log

Previous Challenges: 1  2

Challenge: Go from a 42 inch waist to a 34 inch waist

25%
25%

Challenge: 100 Wilkes point deadlift.

76.73%
76.73%