Movie One Liners with a Fitness Twist

I don't know what to say, really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of your ironbound lives. All comes down to now, and either, you lift as a unit, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, pound by pound. Until you're finished. You're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time. Now I can't do it for ya, this is on you. I look around, I see these sweaty arms and I think, I mean, I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I've pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches, so is lifting. Because in either game - life or lifting - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a rep too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite rack it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the workout, every minute, every second. On this rep we fight for that inch. On this rep we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the fucking difference between lifting and collapsing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this, in any rep it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life anymore it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is, the six inches above your face. Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the weights before you, look into it's soul. Now I think your going to see a weight who will fight that inch against you. You're gonna see a weight who will try to break you for this rep, because it knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same to it. That's a lift, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a unit, or we will die as pieces. That's lifting guys, that's all it is. Now, what are you gonna do?

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

How about:

Get busy lifting, or get busy dying.  (Shawshank Redemption)

Get off of my bench!  (Gran Torino)

Life is deadlifting Princess.  Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.  (The Princess Bride)

You keep using the squat rack for curls.  I don't think the squat rack is for what you think it's for.  (Ditto)

“Well, what can I tell you? Life in the gym goes on much as it has this past Age, full of its own comings and goings, scarcely aware of the existence of Smith machines, for which I am very thankful.† (LOTR)

and because it's profane, I put the next under the spoiler.  If it's too much let me know and I'll edit

Who partial squatted?  Who the fuck partial squatted?  Who's the slimy little son of a bitch twinkle toed cocksucker down here who didn't go parallel?   Nobody, huh? The fairy fucking godmother partial squatted! Out-fucking-standing! I will P.T. you all until you fucking go parallel! I'll P.T. you until your assholes are sucking muscle milk.  (Full Metal Jacket)

• Like 5

Who partial squatted?  Who the fuck partial squatted?  Who's the slimy little son of a bitch twinkle toed cocksucker down here who didn't go parallel?   Nobody, huh? The fairy fucking godmother partial squatted! Out-fucking-standing! I will P.T. you all until you fucking go parallel! I'll P.T. you until your assholes are sucking muscle milk.  (Full Metal Jacket)

That was great!  Best part of those lines is they were almost all ad-libbed by R. Lee Ermy.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

To be said to a coach, or ideally, a Crossfit judge after a 'no rep':

"Oh, you. You just couldn’t let me rep, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You are truly incorruptible, aren’t you? Huh? You won’t score me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won’t quit this workout because it's too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever."

"Don't talk like you're one of them!  You're not, even if you'd like to be.  To them you're just a freak, like me.  They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out—like a leper.  See, their smith machines, their "cleanses"…it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of donuts.  They're only as good as the scale allows them to be.  I'll show you, when the chips and salsa are gone, these—ah—"civilised people"?  They'll eat each other.  See, I'm not a meathead.  I'm just ahead of the curve."

giphy.gif

(I hope this is good *prays*)

That was incredible.  I tried an homage to your greatness, but I just fell short.

/bow

• Like 4

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

hp3pa_155RadcliffeWatson.jpg

"Honestly Ron, how could anyone work two muscle groups at once?"

Inspired by a dream I had last night where I used a time turner so that I could go to the gym every day. Unfortunately, Emma Watson did not feature in this dream.

• Like 2

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

Inspired by a dream I had last night where I used a time turner so that I could go to the gym every day. Unfortunately, Emma Watson did not feature in this dream.

I lol'd.  Well played, my man.  Well played indeed.

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

To be said to a coach, or ideally, a Crossfit judge after a 'no rep':

"Oh, you. You just couldn’t let me rep, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You are truly incorruptible, aren’t you? Huh? You won’t score me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won’t quit this workout because it's too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever."

That was incredible.  I tried an homage to your greatness, but I just fell short.

/bow

Your quote was pretty damn awesome as well!

giphy.gif

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

75efe3a916af4a609f207fe0cfcadf14.jpg

I love this take on Jorah Mormont's iconic quote from Game of Thrones.  It speaks to me (if it were male-oriented, haha)!

• Like 2

A couple more I had to add:

Moods are for cattle and love-play, you deadlift on deadlift day.  (Dune)

There's more to being a lifter than running around in a singlet trying to get laid.  (Blackadder)

That was almost, but not quite, exactly unlike parallel.  (Hitchhikers Guide)

I suggest a new stragegy R2, let the Wookie curl in the power rack.  (Star Wars)

I love the smell of chalk in the morning.  It smells like deadlifting.  (Apocalypse Now)

• Like 2

There's more to being a lifter than running around in a singlet trying to get laid.  (Blackadder)

There is?

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Thor: I have no plans to be injured today

Heimdall:  None do.

Leonidas:  Madness?  This is deadlift day!

Andy Defrense:  Get busy lifting, or get busy dying.

Vizzini:  I went parallel!

Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word.  Do not think it means what you think it means.

Hulk: Puny bro.

Tony Stark: lright. Hey. Alright. Good job, guys. Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day. Have you ever tried crossfit? There's a crossfit box about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I wanna try it.

Zoë: If they take the gym they will squat, bench press, and barbell row, and if we're very, very lucky, they’ll do it in that order.

(Edited because I had Tony Stark looking for Shawarma in a crossfit box. )

• Like 7

I suggest a new stragegy R2, let the Wookie curl in the power rack.  (Star Wars)

Fantastic.

Vizzini:  I went parallel!

Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word.  Do not think it means what you think it means.

Even more fantastic.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

I had to revisit this one:

Zoë: If they take the gym they will curl in the squat rack, get chalk on EVERYTHING, and spray themselves with AXE, and if we're very, very lucky, they’ll do it in that order.

Better?

• Like 4

Tony Stark: lright. Hey. Alright. Good job, guys. Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day. Have you ever tried crossfit? There's a crossfit box about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I wanna try it.

(Edited because I had Tony Stark looking for Shawarma in a crossfit box. )

I wish my Crossfit box had shawarma.

oh movie lines ... hmm.

Independence Day:  "You know, this was supposed to be my weekend off.  But nooooo... You had to come down here with that pizza and pop, packing all big and bad.  Now I get to drag those heavy ass weights back to the rack, with a towel sticking out the back of my shorts.  You had to come down here with an attitude.  And what the hell's that SMELL??  RRRAAAAAGH!  I coulda been at a BARBECUE!!"

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.