Actor Leonard Nimoy Sails off to the Stars

Leonard Nimoy, the sonorous, gaunt-faced actor who won a worshipful global following as Mr. Spock, the resolutely logical human-alien first officer of the Starship Enterprise in the television and movie juggernaut “Star Trek,†died on Friday morning at his home in the Bel Air section of Los Angeles. He was 83.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/arts/television/leonard-nimoy-spock-of-star-trek-dies-at-83.html?_r=0

Fair seas Mr. Nimoy.  You brought millions of people around the world, especially us nerds, great joy. 

• Like 2
64%
64%

Get Deadlift to 405 lbs for 2x6 - Current 260 lbs  2/16/14

I'm pretty sure that almost all of y'all can tell by my avatar how much Star Trek means to me.  In school, I was the one who was "weird because he likes Star Trek". In my rockin' days, I didn't feel that weird, because so many of my friends were Trekkies. I've taken on a Klingon style later in life, but even if then, I still loved that "Green blooded Vulcan". I never got to meet Nimoy, but he did bring me much joy as Spock. Even at my low times, TREK could pull me out and give me hope.

Goodbye Leonard Nimoy...you Lived Long and Prospered.

• Like 2

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider