"Like a Girl"

I have a three year old nephew who just moved back to Canada after being born and raised in the UK. He's a very tall boy (size of a 5 year old) and he watches me when I run amok outside and do my fitness things.

Currently the weather where I live in Canada is 'snow, with a chance of ice'. Though it is finally starting to warm up. So we took the nephew out on a toboggan and I was running with him up and down the hill etc...

The entire family was out there laughing and having fun when my father-in-law cracked the joke 'you run like a girl!' to my brother-in-law.

And my lovely little nephew heard this and looked at me (because grandma doesn't count as a girl to him somehow) and he said 'I want to run like a girl! Tauntie Trish is FAST!' (I'm Tauntie Trish. He's got Enlgish/French/Spanish as his languages so sometimes we get new words) .

Without missing a beat my husband says 'Me too, she's fast than I am even'

And my father in law grins and adds in 'and she's stronger than me to. Let's play like a girl' and started to run amok in the snow with us.

I was very proud of my in-laws. Even if my father-in-law said the original issue comment, he recognized it and adapted back to it without making it uncomfortable. It's nice to see.

• Like 15

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

I feel like this belongs in the Woot Room.

Way to go setting an amazing example!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fairly new to the boards so I have no clue what the Woot room is. I suspect it might be the 'pat yourself on the bakc area'

• Like 1

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

I'm fairly new to the boards so I have no clue what the Woot room is. I suspect it might be the 'pat yourself on the bakc area'

Right here.

It's a place where you can celebrate your successes along with your fellow nerds. :D

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

That's actually really cool.

It's funny, i just tried, and couldn't come up with what the #LikeAGirl super bowl commercial was even selling. Turns out it was pads, which is why I forget, as those obviously aren't really relevant to me, but my first guess was Nike.

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Challenges: 4-Warrior, 3-Assassin, 2-Adventurer, 1-Recruit

Battlelog

Go ahead and laugh all you want to, I got my philosophy and I trust it like the ground. That's why my philosophy keeps me walking when I'm falling down -Ben Fold's Five "Philosophy"

I can move this over to the woot room if you'd like, either place is fine.

If it's more appropriate for the woot section I would greatly appreciate you moving it there Thank you.

If it's more appropriate for the woot section I would greatly appreciate you moving it there Thank you.

Moved, but left a link in the other section.

• Like 1

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Challenges: 4-Warrior, 3-Assassin, 2-Adventurer, 1-Recruit

Battlelog

Go ahead and laugh all you want to, I got my philosophy and I trust it like the ground. That's why my philosophy keeps me walking when I'm falling down -Ben Fold's Five "Philosophy"

hopefully this is just another useless empty expression that gets tossed to the wayside. i think people forget the context of the things they say, but kids are sponges and something said innocently can be absorbed and passed down without intent.

more important than him taking what he said back is you being such a great role model to your nephew that he doesn't even understand that phrase has a negative connotation.

• Like 1

Way to go! Such an inspiration to read. you are lucky in your in laws!

LOL, thanks. I do love my in-laws. Most of the time I even like them! :P

• Like 2