Paid off another student loan!

I just took my tax refund, along with a bunch of other money I've been saving up, and paid off an $8,360 student loan with a 7.75% interest rate!

This saves me $5015.38 in interest payments.

Now, I've got another 10 loans to pay off, but this was a big chunk of what I had remaining and lowers my minimum monthly payment by $83.21!

I'm very excited and felt the need to let it out.

• Like 13

5'11'' Male

SW: 251 | CW: 199 | GW: 175

Battle Log: Grifball's Freelancer Training

"I WILL EAT YOUR UNHAPPINESS." - Michael J. Caboose

I just took my tax refund, along with a bunch of other money I've been saving up, and paid off an $8,360 student loan with a 7.75% interest rate!

Now, I've got another 10 loans to pay off, but this was a big chunk of what I had remaining and lowers my minimum monthly payment by $83.21!

Congrats that's AWESOME! I'm hoping to pay off one of my (and my spouses's) 4 loans by the end of the year.

Ej8Oyf8.gif

• Like 1

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Grats! That's amazing! I just budgeted upping my payment (by a fairly minimal amount) and it'll save me three whole years of full payments. Personal finance ftw!

• Like 1

Sylph Spellblade | Level 10 STR 5.2 | DEX 4.2 | STA 6.2 | CON 11.32 | WIS 6.75 | CHA 7.3

17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

I recently paid off a small one. I now have that going to the remaining payment. I'm gonna knock it down now.

Brilliant! I'm doing the same thing- snowballing the reduction of my minimum payment into my highest interest loans to reduce the principal (and thus the amount of interest accruing).

• Like 1

5'11'' Male

Good on ya, Gabs! I'm sure it'll pay off for you and your family. Personal finance is all mathematics, and mathematically, you're best served by paying off debt as quickly as possible, all other things being equal.

I'm paying off a bunch of my small loans first as well, and then tackling the bigger loans by highest interest rate first.

5'11'' Male

I'm very excited and felt the need to let it out

Awesome!! I'm sure I speak for all millenials when I say paying off student loans is more than a little daunting. I'm using this year to pay off $10k in credit card debt racked up last year after I was laid off, plus the next 2-3 years paying off ~$70k in student loans.

Sorry, I wish you congratulations, but something about student loans and paying them off doesn't compute inside my head :)

Haha touché sir, touché.

High Elf-Rakshasa Assassin | LVL 16 | STR: 18 | DEX: 11 | STA: 13 | CON: 6 | WIS: 18 | CHA: 19