Meet Casey Jones and the lone underpants gnome

Hey everyone. Just found this community a couple weeks ago. Im really excited to join. I've been overweight or obese since I was a kid, even though I would be playing soccer or ice hockey 5-6 days a week. I've been doing well since I started my fitness journey in July. I've been taking group classes at the gym to supplement my hockey playing and have been working with a nutritionist to remove most processed foods from my diet (which was difficult because I hate cooking!). I recently found out that I have a lot of food allergies and an autoimmune disorder so I have been dealing with that. I have lost 35 lbs. since I started and I still have more to go. I'm not really concerned about my appearance, but I know that dropping excess weight will make me a much better hockey player, so that is what drives me. I have an off-season hockey-specific workout that I am going to add to my routine after my league playoffs are done.

I am definitely a lone wolf and an underpants gnome. It's amazing I've made the changes that I've made because it's really hard to change habits! I'm hoping to become less of a lone wolf here. I'm also an introvert.

I picked the topic title because I love ice hockey and TMNT, so Casey Jones is perfect!

I'm also attending Nerd Fitness Camp this year! Should be interesting!

• Like 1

Haha underpants gnome. First time I heard that one! Seems you are making a lot of changes. Well done on shedding the 35 pounds. I too am a lone wolf. I have very few friends, none of them close. Kind of just meet up every few weeks. It doesn't really bother me tho being an introvert.

What I do get bothered about, not so much now mind, was social awkwardness or SA. I found something called inside out thinking. I think a lot of introverts do also have some level of SA. If that is something affecting you I highly recommend looking into inside out thinking.

Best of luck on the quest and the hockey of course!