Any Firefly fans here?

If so, you've maybe already seen the Con Man project that Alan Tudyk is working on.  I sent my wife the link, and her response was "I want a Con Man tshirt."  I guess that means I have permission to back the project :)

• Like 4

Very old battle log
Previous Challenges: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Previous Mini Challenges: 2, 1

Assassin: Extremely competitive, tends to bust out bodyweight exercises when faced with waiting in hiding, and loves a good team vs team faceoff.  - Alexandrite

Yeah, huge fan of the series. I watched it after it had already been cancelled. Such a damn shame it wasn't on a major network.

• Like 3

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

What they should be doing is running a Kickstarter/Indiegogo to get Joss Whedon to make more seasons of Firefly and get it back on the air!

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Rurik, nice as it would be to get a new season, it's been 10+ years. There would be a noticeable age difference in all the actors, and TV is magical, but not that magical. We were lucky we got Serenity (even though I didn't like it). If the show did come back, I think it would have to be animated or something and then we could have everybody come back to voice act.

For Con Man, I love anything those two do. Looking forward to seeing the results. Also, looks like it will be a bit cathartic for everyone.

• Like 1

Rurik, nice as it would be to get a new season, it's been 10+ years. There would be a noticeable age difference in all the actors, and TV is magical, but not that magical. We were lucky we got Serenity (even though I didn't like it). If the show did come back, I think it would have to be animated or something and then we could have everybody come back to voice act.

I know... but I can dream, right?

• Like 1

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I think this question answers itself on a site like NF. XD

But yes! My husband and I are actually going to Emerald City Comic Con to meet Jewel Staite, and he's crossplaying as a male version of Kaylee... yeah, it's weird. I think he just wanted a pretty parasol. :tongue:

I'm gonna go as Jayne. My hat is cunning.

I'm having a hard time picturing a male version of Kaylee... I think we're going to need to see a picture :)

• Like 1

Very old battle log
Previous Challenges: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Previous Mini Challenges: 2, 1

Assassin: Extremely competitive, tends to bust out bodyweight exercises when faced with waiting in hiding, and loves a good team vs team faceoff.  - Alexandrite

isn't everybody on here a fan...if not...why not!!!

they could do more episodes, bringing those left back together after a period of time away, moving on with their lives but something pulls them back together...lordy I so want to see this now!!!

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads 

Fan here!  Probably the most brilliant sci-fi series since the original Star Trek (which I remember!).  Same the network execs screwed the pooch on it.

Kaylee, yum.  

Oh, did I say that out loud?

But hey, a nerdy girl who's into engines and strawberries.  What's not to like?

• Like 2

I watched it last month for the first time and fell in love. It is interesting: ALL characters are likeable, didn't see something like that often.

Will definitely watch it again :D

• Like 2

Race: overweight Half-Elf || Class: when I grow up I be a :pirate:  || LVL: 0
STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Challenge #1

Bodyfat percentage from 34,4% down to 20%

0%
0%

Just started rewatching Firefly after I finished my night shift this morning.

The episodes are flying by entirely too fast!

• Like 2

Cloe would kill him, tear his naughty bits off, and stick them up his nose.  And if he was very lucky, she'd do so in that order.

What motivation would Chloe have for attacking Wash? That just doesn't make sense.( Plus then she would have to answer to Zoe). I was referring to my favorite character . If we're talking about fighting capabilities then we all know River wins. 

~☆~BerBer ~☆~

LVL 1 Dwelf Assassin

STR: 0 | DEX : 0 | CON : 4.7 | STA : 3.7 | WIS : 2.80 | CHA : 1

Current Challenge

Battle Log

About Me

Hmm... My favorite is Inara. That sensuality just pouring from her. And she is a badass too.

Race: overweight Half-Elf || Class: when I grow up I be a :pirate:  || LVL: 0
STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Challenge #1

Bodyfat percentage from 34,4% down to 20%

0%
0%