Literal blood sweat and tears to a new deadlift PB

There I was doing deadlifts, about halfway up ramping the weight, in my 3rd exercise out of 5 in the gym today. I went to slide off a plate and replace it with a heavier one, and what should get wedges between the plate and the floor but my finger. I know what you're thinking, hurts a little but get over your owie, however I'd built up a little momentum with the plate, and it scraped across, tearing a whole bunch of skin from my finger. Blood starts pouring out, courtesy of the heightened blood flow that comes with hard exercise, some gets on the platform, I quickly wrap some tissue round my finger and bash out 5 reps with 100kg before the blood soaks through, replace the tissue, add another 20kg: boom, new PB 120kg for 5 reps. Feeling triumphant, I went on to do progressive chin-ups to a set of 8 followed by a 30 second or so mid-range hold; then 3 sets of 11 for dips. Booyah, as they say.

The bleeding stopped on my last set of chin-ups, screw you bodily fluids, you're not the boss of me.

• Like 2

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg