Wanted to welcome to you to nerdfitness - the site that never sleeps.

I must say that's a new on me, but I don't judge anyone as it doesn't affect me and I could care less. (Didn't mean to sound like I thought you needed my approval when I said that.  Sometimes when you type things it can mean something totally different to someone else).  Can't say I'm interested though since I'm pretty narrowly focused on what people are doing w/ their diets and exercise. I don't even chit chat much.  Glad to discuss any diet or exercise related matters though.  

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

You have come to the right place for fitness and nerds of all genders, orientations, lifestyles and nationalities and races, will be happy to help you in anyway they can.

We have a very good LGBTQA thread over in the "Pub Off Topic" forum. Should check us out!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/16927-lgbtqa-and-ally-safe-space/

Good luck with your journey and Welcome!

Wait! What............?

Came here to post the thread link that Seven already has. Plenty of gender queer/non-conforming (pick you adjective, I just lovingly call them alphabet soup) members here. Welcome to NF, the most accepting online community I've ever been a part of.

• Like 3

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I find the idea that this entire topic is discussed openly (and as not being a big deal) quite interesting.  I'm sure you would not find the acceptance rate at 100% even on this site, but years ago, you would have gotten about 1000 hateful replies by now (if we actually had internet when I was young, lol).  I'm 54, and back when I was young, being "queer" was something the majority of the public (including me), would speak negatively about.  Now that I'm older and wiser (although the 2 don't always go hand in hand), I could care less what other people do as long as it doesn't affect me in any negative way.  So it's pretty cool to see the responses I've seen here.

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

It may be that not everyone on NerdFitness is comfortable with queerness, but they at least are not mean about it. It really helps that the administrative staff of NerdFitness is welcoming and supportive of having a queer portion of their user base, and they do not tolerate any form of discrimination. (Don't be a dick! Gainsdalf will smite you!)

The rest of society seems to be slowly (SLOWWWLY) catching up, but it's safe places on the internet like this that are really changing the experience of queer folk.

It may be that not everyone on NerdFitness is comfortable with queerness, but they at least are not mean about it. It really helps that the administrative staff of NerdFitness is welcoming and supportive of having a queer portion of their user base, and they do not tolerate any form of discrimination. (Don't be a dick! Gainsdalf will smite you!)

The rest of society seems to be slowly (SLOWWWLY) catching up, but it's safe places on the internet like this that are really changing the experience of queer folk.

It's very much this. There are probably plenty of people on here who aren't comfortable with it, but we as the mod team have made it very clearly known that any hateful speech on these boards on any topic, not just this one, will be dealt with with a very heavy hammer.

That said, being a nerd community, most of us have been "socially queer", different from the norm in one way or another and probably outcast in some ways from at least some groups at one point in another. Because of that, I think we tend to be way more accepting than the general population, because almost all of us know what it feels like to be different and get crap for it. Even if we disagree or dislike the way someone else is different, we're not going to do the same to them.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Welcome!  I will say that I will be interested in hearing your regarding gender as related to fitness.  I know that a lot of conventional reasoning (seen in those stupid grocery magazines) tends to be strict in the separation between male and female fitness (because reasons :grumpy: ), so I really enjoy hearing musings and discussions on those topics :D.  NerdFitness, overall, seems quite accepting and I do you stay and feel free to talk, chat, whatever!

Again welcome FortuneDays :D!

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Is this the move we're talking about?

500 / 330 / 625

Until then, my note for today is I need to learn how to do that Zumba/dance move that's like a hip thrust but it involves crunching your abs/sticking out your chest too? I think being able to do it properly ("like a woman" even) will be less dysphoric than sitting there spazzing out with my chest and butt undulating wildly and arms flying everywhere.

Made me lawl, I have to say Zumba is one of those things I could never get coordinated for. I'll be interested in reading your adventures in figuring the moves out!!

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both