What made you smite today?

On 22/08/2016 at 5:19 PM, Thrillho said:

I guess that's another smite?

I have finally gotten an agreement for all of the Princess Ninja art to be finished by the end of September.  I am going to start text formatting at the beginning of September and take that out of the artist's hands. After that, say a week or two of dealing with the printers, and I should have actual copies ready to go sometime in early November.  This whole thing has kind of drained my soul along with any incentive to actually produce children's books again, though that may just be because I didn't hire a professional artist.  I hired a SKILLED artist, but a skilled artist who also happens to be a lawyer who is going through a divorce right now.  I think I owe all of my backers a bonus copy just because this has gone on for so ridiculously long.

However...

pn1_zpsv4ufeab7.jpg

pn2_zpsnlq8dfgk.jpg

pn4_zpsynxx2qqt.jpg

Those look AMAZING!  Sorry to hear it's been a bit less "fun" than you were expecting but I'm sure the finished product will be fantastic.  I still never received my "thank you" card though. :sorrow: Sodding useless American postal service! ;) 

Are the girls excited about the prospect of getting The Princess Ninja published?

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I SENT IT!!!!!!! I should have taken a picture of it.  I sent a card to another supporter in the UK, and they got their card. I was too afraid to ask if you got yours.  PM me your current address and we will try again. (Though why the American postal service? I sent it from Canada.)

They are super excited, and they keep asking me when the art will be done, too. 

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

54 minutes ago, Thrillho said:

I SENT IT!!!!!!! I should have taken a picture of it.  

Pics or it didn't happen Bro :P 

I sent a card to another supporter in the UK, and they got their card. I was too afraid to ask if you got yours.  PM me your current address and we will try again.

Haha, don't worry, I believe you, lol! I'm good with an Internet thank you. :encouragement:

(Though why the American postal service? I sent it from Canada.)

Meh, you all sound the same to me. :P **ducks for cover**

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

12 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I know how you feel Thrillho, as a Texan people get confused and think I'm an American too. ;) 

Yeah! You're not American, you're 'MURICAN!

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

3 hours ago, RandMart said:

Shows two things, people who get fame become dicks and forget they need to follow the rules like everyone else, secondly people are just dicks all 'round.

The bike lanes in Perth are too narrow for cars to drive down, yet this places the bikes incredibly close to speeding cars. Such a big hate relationship between bikes and motorists over here.

Wait! What............?

Freaking maul.  When I say "I'm looking for all cotton jeans" that does not mean "Please show me the clingy polyester fake jeans."  Apparently all the clothing makers are a bunch of damn sexists, cause the only cotton jeans in ANY of the stores were cut for men.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

23 hours ago, Raincloak said:

Freaking maul.  When I say "I'm looking for all cotton jeans" that does not mean "Please show me the clingy polyester fake jeans."  Apparently all the clothing makers are a bunch of damn sexists, cause the only cotton jeans in ANY of the stores were cut for men.

First...I had to quote this because you used "maul" instead of "mall" and you confused me pretty good.

Second, sexism has little to nothing to do with it. Companies make what sells, and women as a whole buy the clingy jeans. If more women bought "guy jeans" then companies would make those for women.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

On 5 September 2016 at 10:15 AM, RandMart said:

A dear friend of mine passed away this afternoon

29175106260_d681a823ac.jpg

* YES, I still support LiveStrong, as you-know-who is no longer involved

Sorry to see that Randy. Cancer must be the most incideous of all diseases. I am looking at two funerals before the end of the year due to this shit. 

Wait! What............?

Ok my big rant:

Spoiler

For the last 4 months one of our senior officers at the Ambulance has been liaising with our Fire and Rescue guys and their Regional Director on what we call the "Mystery Tour of Life" basically we get all the high school students from the surrounding towns old enough to start their driving license and set them up to see the aftermath of a car accident. As in they turn up just minutes before the emergency services do, the scene is set by one of our officers then we go full scenario, dead people, cutting cars open, spinal boards, blood and guts, the whole lot. We start at the beginning on the side of the road and finish in the town morgue.

In the last couple of weeks we have had briefings with Fire and Rescue, the local Cops have been informed and invited to all such briefings and not once did their Sergent or representative turn up. Although they were kept informed of progress. Professional courtesy. 

Today was the day, I am the attending officer and my driver is the awesome Miss D. So we go out to the cars a couple of hours before with the F&R chief to go over how this looks, what our plan is for first on scene, what their plan is as in cutting cars etc. No Cops of course. So we spend about half an hour out there getting everything straight for a seamless show for the most benefit for the kids. Cool, we're all set. The make up on the victims was so freaking awesome! Our young make up artist outdid herself! The victims go out and set themselves up on site, we wait just down the road for our signal.

What went wrong:

A cop car turned up at our end of the street, not supposed to happen, they should have come in from the other end, because they ALWAYS park in the wrong place.......so they get their call and speed off lights and sirens.

5 minutes later we get our call, so we take off lights and sirens, yep the fucking cops have blocked our entry! Ok, we get our gear and head towards the "dead" person, next thing you know we have a cop in our face yelling that they have checked them their dead but there s a girl who they pulled from the car who needs immediate attention. This is where 4 months of work went to fucking shit! :mad-new:

The way it was supposed to go down was, we turn up, determine dead guy is dead, he went through windscreen, proceed to car, start working on trapped girl, a smoke machine would then start blowing smoke, we back off, wait for Fire and Rescue to extinguish "fire" then go back to victim and work together to cut the victim from the car, using all the equipment at everyone's disposal so the kids could see, the movement of so many people, the screeching noise of generators, the fucking blood curdling noise of peeling a car roof back, all the smells, noise and movement of what happens in real life car accident, when people are seriously injured and trapped.

Because the Cops wanted to play fucking hero, all that was for naught! They pulled the absolutely shocked victim through the side window and dragged her down the road. Why they did this I have no idea, but Fire and Rescue were so blown back when they turned up, because they had spent hours prepping the cars for easy access and placing them in position for maximum viewing by the kids, they are Volunteers and spent hours on this, for nothing, because a couple of fucking idiot cowboy cops didn't fucking know what was supposed to happen, because they couldn't show up to briefings.

My driver actually had a go at the cop dragging the girl, saying he shouldn't be doing that, then we just did what we do and went with it. Fire and Rescue after initial confusion got going and rolled with it. Once we all left, they cut the cars up anyway, and why not, they put all the effort in!

Fire and Rescue and our Liason are taking this further, to our Superiors and the Police Department. This is totally not good enough. 

It was totally disappointing, it really did feel like it was show boating by the Cops, they used an inter-services symex and education tool and turned it into a PR exercise for themselves. They pushed themselves front and centre at every opportunity. The only time they stood back was in the Emergency Department and let the Trauma Nurses do their job. Some of their comments in the morgue I felt were a little unprofessional and out of line. Not fucking happy.

In all reality some of the accidents I have attended, (the really early morning ones or late evening one) the cops haven't even showed, and they should, they need to breathalyse all car accident drivers. We have had deceased call outs and have had to wait hours for the cops to turn up, we are there at incidences before they are, I can't remember when they have been first on scene to car accidents. It's not like our town is NYC.............

I think they disrespected us today. 

The End

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Took two friends on a day trip.  We had fun, but on the way back I got to listen to them both tell me how "privileged" I am (in context of a new rental law our city just passed which is going to hurt a lot of renters). 

These two friends both live with parents rent free and drive cars they did not pay for.  I work two jobs to pay my rent, eat from a food bank where I volunteer, and drive an old car I bought myself.  Talk to me about tenant privilege when you've actually tried being a fucking tenant, kthx.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

@SevenofSeven 

co-ranting with you

Tl;dr the hell is that crap?

(Spoilered because lengthy, not nsfw,

'cept normal swearing.) Cleaned it up, because swearing isn't charming.

"They pulled the absolutely shocked victim through the side window and dragged her down the road. Why they did this I have no idea,"

What..? Even know you're not supposed to do that, unless there's a fire or some other immediate danger, 

and all I went through was a basic First Aid-course!

Aren't you guys supposed to always assume there's a spinal cord injury, in case there really is? Would they do that to a real victim? (looking to learn here, I don't claim to know much)

"the local Cops have been informed and invited to all such briefings and not once did their Sergent or representative turn up. Although they were kept informed of progress"

"a couple of fucking idiot cowboy cops didn't fucking know what was supposed to happen, because they couldn't show up to briefings"

Couldn't or wouldn't? In any case, you miss a class in upper secondary school (7-9th grade) you're supposed to find out what was taught that day, but that people still..? >.<

"In all reality some of the accidents I have attended, (the really early morning ones or late evening one) the cops haven't even showed, and they should, they need to breathalyse all car accident drivers. We have had deceased call outs and have had to wait hours for the cops to turn up, we are there at incidences before they are, I can't remember when they have been first on scene to car accidents"

That sounds messed up. Yes, they're human beings, not perfect 'n' all that, but why? Is it because they were trying, but couldn't? Because I find it really hard to stomach the idea someone's a cop, and wouldn't care? Because what are they doing in that position, then? Just collecting the paycheck?

(Idk, if being a cop IRL is an underpaid, underappreciated shitjob, always two sides to everything, but skipping collecting evidence and taking credit to someone elses fuckton of work? Yeah, sod off!)

"The way it was supposed to go down was, we turn up, determine dead guy is dead, he went through windscreen, proceed to car, start working -- --, all the smells, noise and movement of what happens in real life car accident, when people are seriously injured and trapped."

That sounds so totally awesome! *childish grin*

..While in reality it is just plain terrifying, right?

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Trigger warning: domestic abuse.

And whatever I say below, any cop who does his or her job well is worth so much.

Thank you.

And I do not condone any of that shit IRL. Period.

The original smite-worthy fact:

"Two studies have found that at least 40 percent of police officer families experience domestic violence,

in contrast to 10 percent of families in the general population."

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/09/police-officers-who-hit-their-wives-or-girlfriends/380329/

(I hope I could someday write about something so well. Clear and concise.

Hat's off to them. But it seems the studies were from the -91 and 92,

so I don't know what's it nowadays. Hopefully fucking better..)

But does that fucking mean then, that if we put 10 officers on a line, fucking 4 of them..?
Or that 10 percent in the general population means if I walk down the street,
every 10th house..? Makes me sad.

And am I expecting them to protect my friends, relatives, the NF..? 

" it is especially problematic when domestic abusers are literally the people
that battered and abused women are supposed to call for help. "

I don't have words for this shit.

It's difficult enough as is, no point making it fucking worse, assholes!

But what I really hate is how much this shit has been hushed up over the years.
Not investigating properly.. arrested, convicted and keeping their jobs..
Other officers covering up what they do.

How can they work with them, knowing what they do? Is it that peer pressure and keeping their fucking jobs
is more important than emotional manipulation and violence? Fuck them. If not one of them would watch quietly
when it's happening (I seriously, seriously hope not..that's whole another level of fucked up),

how the fuck can they then..?
To be fair, I sort of get where they're coming too, even if it is a shitty decision that endangers lives.

Like, no, I don't expect them to be perfect, but I expect them not to cover up criminals.

Additional reading, if you're interested. He really does make excellent points on how complicated it is.

"Mark Wynn is a 21-year veteran of the Nashville Metropolitan Police Department who trains departments on officer-involved domestic violence. He spoke with FRONTLINE about why the problem is so complicated, and what still needs to be done."

"And smart offenders don’t often hit or punch. They don’t have to. They have other ways of controlling a victim."

I don't feel too good.

And just to push the whole thing into the moral grey mush
"and this is learned behavior. They’ve been doing it a while. They watched it happen as a child,
so they’re very sophisticated in what they do."
"We believe about 85 percent of the offenders learn violence at an early age. "

The idea is an adult human being is responsible for his or her actions, especially when they're hurting others, right?
"Boohoo, you had a shitty childhood? That's your excuse?" but maybe they're more than a little fucked up in the head
who don't know any better anymore? :(

And if that's the best case scenario here, and the others are.. sadistic-power-hungry-psychos?
Then.. Look, I don't know. I'm done thinking this shit.

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

@Fearkiller, I probably should put a disclaimer on my post...........I think being a cop is one of the shittiest jobs, underpaid, under valued, disrespected and just putting yourself out there to be spat at, abused, knifed, shot or even killed for protecting public who have a growing percentage of cop haters amongst them.

My beef is with our local Police, we now have 6 in our tiny little town, which includes a Sergent running the show. In statistical terms our town has one of the lowest crime rates in Western Australia, this was before we had 6 cops and only had 2. So with 6 available people surely just one of them could have turned up to the briefings, just one to be their Liason with the other services, so we didn't have the giant clusterfuck of yesterday. It would have been a lot better for the kids to have seen the Fire and Rescue do their job and us do ours. It would have given them huge food for thought.

And yes you are completely correct, we treat all car accidents as if there is possible spinal/neck injury, we don't grab and pull people out of cars, unless it is going to explode, which again statistically is a very rare occurance here. It's not the movies! I have not yet met Mad Max..........or Furiosa! 

I guess we just move on and hope that they participate better next year. :ambivalence:

Wait! What............?

35 minutes ago, Thrillho said:

That was apparently just one of the reasons my dad stopped being a cop in '84 and switched over to ambulance/paramedical. 

..shit. It's bad enough reading about it, but to have been there?

For what it is worth, thank him for me for his service, both current and then.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RandMart said:

Who the fuck says it's not?

I'm charming as all fuck, just ask @Guzzi or @SevenofSeven

Well used alright, but I've noticed a tendency to replace commas with those words,

or use them when I'm too lazy to think of a good adjective. Which in essence leads to

dropping them in text (and speech, depending on company) like goddamn sprinkles, or something.

• Like 2