What made you smite today?

I was looking for a place to park in the parking garage at work. I saw a really good spot and got excited. I prepared to park in that spot. As I got closer it was more and more apparent there really was no car in that spot. When I started to pull in I saw a little crotch rocket "motorcycle" backed all the way into said spot, rendering the spot useless for any four wheeled vehicle while taking up only a tiny portion of that spot's real estate. :hororr:

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

This morning I had a woman next to me on the train with some of the most eye-watering perfume I've ever encountered.  Not only did it smell like a tire fire in a septic tank, but she apparently applied it with a garden hose.

Ladies, your perfume should caress the senses.  Not grab the senses by the throat, smack them in the mouth, throw them against the wall and bellow "Smell me mother f****r!" into the senses' face.  Honestly, if you pass within arms length of me I should catch JUST a hint of scent.  If I can track you around a train station (in New York in SUMMER) like a bloodhound you're using too much.  

• Like 6

This morning I had a woman next to me on the train with some of the most eye-watering perfume I've ever encountered.  Not only did it smell like a tire fire in a septic tank, but she apparently applied it with a garden hose.

Ladies, your perfume should caress the senses.  Not grab the senses by the throat, smack them in the mouth, throw them against the wall and bellow "Smell me mother f****r!" into the senses' face.  Honestly, if you pass within arms length of me I should catch JUST a hint of scent.  If I can track you around a train station (in New York in SUMMER) like a bloodhound you're using too much.  

At a place I used to work the Evil HR Director wore so much perfume the scent lingered for 2-3 minutes after she left a room

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

The elevator's been broken for days, and while trying to wrestle a heavy crate up three flights of stairs today, I was viciously attacked by a door which I could not fend off with my hands full.  Now I have a big bruise on my shoulder.  I'd like to smite that door, but it's not mine, and the elevator's STILL fucking broken.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

There are 2 annoying people that I'm stuck with on this deployment, but I'll start with the one that has been annoying me the most the last couple days. EVERY time he laughs he does this whistle/hiss through his teeth. He laughs a lot. I wish I could record it for you....

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

I worked around someone that was like this in Afghanistan. She worked in a little room that was right next to my desk, and when she would leave and leave the door open I has to shut it because it was SOOO OVERPOWERING. Also there was a guy who worked in the same space after her shift and for about 2 weeks he would get sick almost every day because of how strong the smell was. The worst part is after a 12-18 hour shift the smell didn't dissipate at all it was almost like every few hours she was reapplying....

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

The elevator's been broken for days, and while trying to wrestle a heavy crate up three flights of stairs today, I was viciously attacked by a door which I could not fend off with my hands full.  Now I have a big bruise on my shoulder.  I'd like to smite that door, but it's not mine, and the elevator's STILL fucking broken.

If you're female: Penny, is that you?

If you're male: Leonard or Sheldon, is that you?

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Customer broke my camera. (I work as a photographer)

-- 

What happened:

I put down the camera on my table, so I know it won't fall of and stuff. And I get a new trigger battery thingie. And while I do that, I see in the corner of my eyes the customer picking up my camera and looking at it. And I am like, DUDE WTF did your mother never tell you not to touch stuff that is not yours? And he is like trying to impress his girlfriend and so. And he says, dude this is a cheap ass camera, if I hit it it will break. And the <insert many curse words here> hits it. So I am like, okay, you wrecked it, you are going to pay for it. He was like no. Your fault for having shitty equipment. I kinda lost my temper, good thing Angela was there to calm me down. 

So she called the police and all. I am pressing charges and stuff. And the police said he had to pay and future expenses, because I am unable to work now. No camera, and stressed :/

I really wanted to hit him.

Ah well :D Good thing I get to play with my back up camera :D 

• Like 5

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

Customer broke my camera. (I work as a photographer)

-- 

What happened:

I put down the camera on my table, so I know it won't fall of and stuff. And I get a new trigger battery thingie. And while I do that, I see in the corner of my eyes the customer picking up my camera and looking at it. And I am like, DUDE WTF did your mother never tell you not to touch stuff that is not yours? And he is like trying to impress his girlfriend and so. And he says, dude this is a cheap ass camera, if I hit it it will break. And the <insert many curse words here> hits it. So I am like, okay, you wrecked it, you are going to pay for it. He was like no. Your fault for having shitty equipment. I kinda lost my temper, good thing Angela was there to calm me down. 

So she called the police and all. I am pressing charges and stuff. And the police said he had to pay and future expenses, because I am unable to work now. No camera, and stressed :/

I really wanted to hit him.

Ah well :D Good thing I get to play with my back up camera :D

That's worthy of completely destroying the camera on his forehead....

• Like 5

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Sheesh, was that guy high or what? "Your fault for having shitty equipment"? No, I believe the law states fairly clearly: you break it, you buy it. (Unless you're one of those Wall Street peoples or a Congressman, apparently if you break really BIG stuff you don't have to pay. But I digress...)

Smart of you to contact the police, make it all official. Make sure to document exactly how much this is costing you in lost work, and if I were you I'd consult an attorney, cause if he refuses to pay (and it sounds like he will) you might have to go to court to get this straightened out.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Update: I am getting a full refund from my insurance company. He is getting sued, they collect the footage today. Yes I have cameras in the studio, duh :P They said, he will face trial and stuff. And the outcome will be positive. And apparently he is going to refund me :D 

• Like 4

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

Update: I am getting a full refund from my insurance company. He is getting sued, they collect the footage today. Yes I have cameras in the studio, duh :P They said, he will face trial and stuff. And the outcome will be positive. And apparently he is going to refund me :D

For what it's worth... YAY!

On a side note, DOMS... doms made me smite today. 2 week break from the gym to go to St Louis, and all the walking made zero difference. I'm walking like I have no knees...

• Like 1

My first challenge

Discovering I do not have the key to the locking lug nuts on my truck when trying to get tires put on... and being sent on a wild goose chase to Nissan and 3 parts stores with "No, I don't know why they told you to come here... where you need to go is..."

"For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm."

Just remember that Scooty Puff jr sucks!

For what it's worth... YAY!

On a side note, DOMS... doms made me smite today. 2 week break from the gym to go to St Louis, and all the walking made zero difference. I'm walking like I have no knees...

You were in my area! Good thing I wasn't there or I might be bummed you didn't tell me!

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

You were in my area! Good thing I wasn't there or I might be bummed you didn't tell me!

Good lord... it's official, Nerdfitness consists of...

Me in Florida

Guzzi over Scotland way

Seven in Australia

Everyone else in St. Louis

I do have family up that way, so I'm sure I'll be back...

• Like 2

My first challenge

Good lord... it's official, Nerdfitness consists of...

Me in Florida

Guzzi over Scotland way

Seven in Australia

Everyone else in St. Louis

I do have family up that way, so I'm sure I'll be back...

Sorry, I'm in NJ.

Options:

- Modify three tons of field-welded mishmash sloped steel platforms, handrails and equipment supports...  OR

- Make one small aluminum door 1/2" shorter.

...  YEAH, LET'S JUST GO WITH THE FIRST ONE.  THANKS.  THAT'S CLEARLY EASIER.

• Like 3

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

So here we were hanging out in the fresh air, building relationships and enjoying beverages (I drank water), listening to music, and playing cornhole. It was us Air Force tanker guys, some Navy assholes (they really were), some Army guys, and then the Spaniards rolled up. We were so sure it was going to end in disaster with so much beer and testosterone and different branches and countries all hanging out, but it seemingly went off without a hitch. That is until I noticed my phone was missing...I made sure no one was just fucking with me and then I saw my poor headphones on the ground in the direction the Spaniards left in. Just in case, the Navy assholes who had just walked away were questioned and denied all knowledge of said phone, and the Spaniards were the ones standing next to where it was right before they left. So there I was, minus one phone and one hotel room key. I went to the front desk and had the old key shut off and got a new one, then got in touch with my phone company and had the phone erased. SIM will no longer work. Even if we do run into these guys on this small base and he admits to taking it and gives it back because, oh, maybe he was drunk when he took it and he soberly regrets it...doesn't matter. The phone will be useless. Now I have to wait 24 hours for my claim paperwork to process, I'll have to pay a deductible, then hopefully they will ship my new phone to this deployed location. Today sucks.

• Like 1

Spoiler