First Time Poster Long Time Nerd

Howdy,

My name is Captain Inzane (Glen Roberts) I am 5'10 and at the moment I'd guess 330 lbs. I've battled with weight loss my entire life and at some points in my life I was around 200 lbs and had a large amount of muscle (not sure of bodyfat % I just know I looked/felt good). I lost my father due to weight complications and I'm now having to take care of my mother because of her weight. The last year it's been a battle for me to get her to lose weight and while I should of led by example I succumbed to her and ate tons of sweets, garbage food, etc.

In November I weighed around 280 so as you can see it's extremely easy for me to gorge myself and overeat especially with stress/life/etc.

So I started trying to find recipes that were low carb and stumbled upon paleo and this website. I've heard/visited this website numerous times but never posted/registered. I'm waiting for pay day (just moved .. wanna hold on to the tiny bit of cash I have) before I can join but I plan on joining with a friend of mine (support system). 

I'm allowing my mom to live with me for 11 months at that time she must go on her own way so I can continue with my life but in those 11 months I want to become a lean fat burning machine. I'm on day 2 of the paleo diet and out of habit I do log what I eat at www.myfitnesspal.com (hope I don't get in trouble for writing that). I know a lot of people don't like calorie counting and eventually I'd like to be able to live without worrying about the calorie that's in whatever.

Paleo has actually changed my outlook on a lot of things for example I'm looking at a Black Cherry water (I drink a dozen of these easily over a week) and started looking at the label. I'm debating on throwing the last one out as I don't want the chemicals in my body.

Unfortunately I have a bad habit of hitting something extremely hard and then slowly regressing back to the lazy me. I have friends that we go to the gym together and do strength training and I'm trying to do at least 5 hrs of cardio a week. Where I moved to is an extremely active area and I'm hoping to start bicycling and hopefully meeting some friends.

I ran my first 5k on Thanksgiving2014 (Gobble Run) picture included. My sister ran it with me pictured as well. In 2 weeks I have Warrior Dash and then in a month + 2 weeks I have Tough Mudder. I'm extremely worried that I'll make a fool of myself but I'm training to be a real life superhero (Ranger on here) and have taken up how to shoot a Bow & Arrow and want to take fight training once I get a little smaller and can keep up better.

Ok I could ramble/write for days and even though I feel like I skipped around a lot this is me saying Hello. If anyone is in the Marietta Ga area and wants to meet up for nerdy/fitness stuff please feel free to reach out. If you're on myfitnesspal and need a friend add me! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/zeroaccess

post-37670-0-93739500-1427318767_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hey man, I'm new here as well but have a lifetime of nerd behind me too. Glad to hear you're setting goals for yourself and are on your way to gaining the healthy lifestyle you want! I'm planning on joining the rangers after my first challenge and I'll add you on myfitnesspal as well. Good luck!

-MAL

• Like 1

Malakir - Human Ranger

[Level-2][str-3][Dex-3][Wis-3][Con-3][Cha-3][stam-3]

[Current Challenge] [battlelog] [MyFitnessPal]

Grats! The Warrior Dash is fun and not too difficult, I'm sure you'll have a blast! 

The tough mudder....will be a little more difficult lol, but the energy in those runs like the Spartans and other tough mud runs are amazing and everyone is friendly. Just look to your right or left if you need a smiling encouraging face :D 

Also, if you peter out after going full force, why not just start making small adjustments you know you'll keep on doing even if you 'fall off the wagon' in one aspect? Full meal replacement and a whole training program right off the bat may be part of the issue. After the Tough Mudder figure out what makes you happy workout wise (running group, classes, hikes with a friend) and make sure you carve out time for it. You'll be happier yourself and work towards your overall goals!

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Arg wrote a huge thank you and it all got deleted with a slip of the back button. CURSE YOU INTERWEBZ!

First off thanks for the words of encouragement and the friend invites. I'll graciously accept any help I can get!

Slates, 

I 100% agree and will do my best to use that mentality when things get difficult. Right now I'm at the "new diet, awesome!", "friends working out with me, awesome!", ..etc. I'm hoping that by having friends that will help be my support structure. At the moment I have 3 that are helping me in some way or another. I really think this time I'll succeed because I feel like it's something I can tackle where in the past I felt stressed by the aspect of tackling everything.

• Like 1