Wandering towards discipline...

Hello there.  Been lurking for a little while, and I finally decided to make an account and join in.  I'll keep my story brief:

I'm a middle-aged father of twin toddlers.  I've been a nerd all of my life (Star Wars nerd, Trekkie, LOTR fanatic, Dune saga enthusiast, etc.)  Around my teenage years, I attempted to come out of my shell to curtail some of the teasing that is (or used to be) inevitable for folks like us in high school.  Because that was my motivation, athletics have always been an ego-driven, inconstant activity for me.  I tended towards feast, famine, injury and disappointment.  But hey, the teasing did subside. After school I continued to lift weights on and off, but I never took a long term approach.  I'm a bit of dabbler by nature.

Years later and before my twins were born, I was getting back to some respectable numbers and feeling good about things, but life got in the way.  We've made it through their first year, and now the time is right for me to get back to the iron.  As I've gotten older, I've learned the importance of knowing my limits, listening to my body, and emphasizing form and discipline and recovery instead of ego.  I'm ready to take that road for myself, not just for my own health, but to be a better example to my kids as they grow older.  When they get old enough to be concerned with accomplishing goals in life, I want them to see the value of effort and discipline, and see their Daddy as an example of why that works.  I want them to understand the importance of strengthening both body and mind, and I can't teach them that as effectively if I can talk about history or science, but can't lift a bag of groceries without straining my back.

So I'm reporting in as an aspiring Warrior in training.  I'll be putting together my goals so I can jump in on the next 6 week challenge.  It's great to find this outlet, so I can talk about training without driving my wife or coworkers crazy.  

See you round the forums.