So it begins....

Good -Insert timezone here- to the world! My name is Marie, but you may all call me Marie! 

WHO AM I?!?!?! (Jean Valjean?? 24601??)

1. Age: 18

2. Female

3. Height: 5'10"

4. Weight: Floating in the purgatory between 150 and 155

But those are just the less important things!

1. I have an addiction to The Legend of Zelda, Guild Wars 2, and Animal Crossing

2. I have a slight (major) obsession with cats

3. MOST IMPORTANTLY I'M LAZY WHICH IS WHAT I'M AIMING TO FIX

4. I'm in the fire department! I NEED TO BE FIT TO BE A HERO

On the terms of fixing, my goals..

1. I want a flat stomach, I had one and lost it, I wish for it to come back... (If you find it send it back my way XD ) 

2. I want to learn the violin, maybe get some dancing in there and join Lindsey Stirling

3. To get toned and be able to not fear showing my skin in public!

4. STRONG WOMAN! I want to be able to hold my own and protect myself! Do a pull- up or something T_T

Assassin/Ranger mix is my dream and I hope that through pushing and working I can finally get there :3

GOODNIGHT WORLD!

AUTOBOTS, ROLL-OUT!

• Like 1

SO! EXERCISE! YAYYYY EXERCISE!

I started on the Beginner's Body Weight Work out and have since improved and strayed here and there. I've altered the workout slightly.

30 Squats

15 Push Ups (DARN MY WEAK ARMS)

20 Walking Lunges

15-20 tricep dips

35 Russian twists

30 sec. plank

45-50 Jumping jacks

And on my off days, I normally either go on my three mile walk down country roads, or I do a body toning yoga for about 30 minutes.

I absolutely love love love going for walks, but I always feel like my workouts need to be quick or more structured. I have seen some really great results, but my lack of motivation has pushed me to lose those results and put me back at square one.. I follow, not exactly a paleo diet, but as close to one as I can muster. I avoid as much junk food as physically possible (except ice cream which will be my downfall) and for the most part avoid carbs and dairy. My only fear with workouts is that I won't have the time for them or that I'll lose interest in the workout itself if it stays one way.

Thanks for suffering my rant XD

• Like 1

SO! EXERCISE! YAYYYY EXERCISE!

I started on the Beginner's Body Weight Work out and have since improved and strayed here and there. I've altered the workout slightly.

30 Squats

15 Push Ups (DARN MY WEAK ARMS)

20 Walking Lunges

15-20 tricep dips

35 Russian twists

30 sec. plank

45-50 Jumping jacks

And on my off days, I normally either go on my three mile walk down country roads, or I do a body toning yoga for about 30 minutes.

I absolutely love love love going for walks, but I always feel like my workouts need to be quick or more structured. I have seen some really great results, but my lack of motivation has pushed me to lose those results and put me back at square one.. I follow, not exactly a paleo diet, but as close to one as I can muster. I avoid as much junk food as physically possible (except ice cream which will be my downfall) and for the most part avoid carbs and dairy. My only fear with workouts is that I won't have the time for them or that I'll lose interest in the workout itself if it stays one way.

Thanks for suffering my rant XD

Ah, the BBWW, the starting point for much of NF. If that's what you do per circuit, you officially have my envy: I wish I could have done as much when starting out! Upgrading exercises is deceptively easy, which will also cure your losing interest in your exercising: simply change your workout every 4-6 weeks. This is an absolute golden rule. Doing that means you'll keep challenging your muscles so they get stronger and you won't get bored! (I know, I'm repeating stuff said on chat, but it never hurts to have a reminder that doesn't need to be dug up from a chat log.)

For tips on how to make up your own workout, check out this article: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/02/15/how-to-build-your-own-workout-routine/

A lot of folks come here with a dabbler's experience with exercise: They're more than willing to dedicate to it, they want to do it, but they do what you do: Start, get results, then slide back to square one. You don't suffer from a lack of motivation -- if you did, you wouldn't be here putting your entire routine out for everyone to see and critique. You wouldn't be asking for feedback if you didn't have motivation. The only thing holding you back is lack of knowledge -- like those people I mentioned before (and I was one of them) you don't know how to progress. I know I said that on the chat already, but if ever you doubt, you can always read this over again and steel your mettle! There's lots of people who don't have the least big of impetus to make changes to their lifestyle or their bodies -- but you do. That's why you're here; not because you don't want to, but because you're not sure how to. Which we can fix right quick!

As for time for workouts, that's a regular issue for many folks. There is some brave Nerd on here that must do his workout while on break at work (I forgot who but he has my greatest respect!) If it's availability in your schedule, there's not much anyone can do to help you. However, if you do have pockets of empty time that are regular but short, it's also an easy solution. Doesn't matter if it's 10 minutes or 80 -- any workout can be finagled to fit into your available time and still work up a sweat. One way you can do this is by doing all your exercises as fast as you can -- this is called changing the workout's density. Not only do you get it all done in time, but you'll be lying on the floor, panting for all your worth.

Also, I can commiserate with you regarding the ice cream. For me, it is chocolate. I'm a terrible chocoholic, but the old adage, "out of sight, out of mind" can do wonders for sticking to a diet. It sounds like your diet is quite good as well; no doubt you already know about the sneaky, tricky bugger called sugar. That is the hardest one to avoid, I swear. (However, I have found a yogurt that honest-to-god does not have any added sugar. Whenever I buy some, I horde them like Smaug and whack anyone that gets too close to them with my spoon.)

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

Yay Lindsey Stirling! I play the violin myself, love her dancing, costumes, original songs, covers...ugh, her cinematography is as beautiful as she is!

It's so great to see a teenage female who wants to be strong instead of just thin. Just think of how many more cats you'll be able to rescue from trees if you can pull yourself up the branches instead of waiting for the cavalry (firetruck)

~Violet Menace|Level 3 Dhampir Assassin

Rebel History | Challenge #3: Spring Melt

[STR 6 | DEX 4 | STA 6 | CON 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 5]

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~Confucius 

Alright! So first new workout routine DONE :D

Weighted Squats 20
Decline Pushups 10
Reverse Crunch 20

Inverted Rows 10 (I fell off the bar a lot) *stares at weak wimpy girly arms*

tumblr_mjsljg53NZ1s8yfngo1_r1_500.gif

Weighted Lunges 20

Weighted Dips 5 (Arms gave out XD )

V-ups 6

Dumbbell Curls 10 per arm. 

SO. Weak arms. Very very weak arms :( But I'm gonna work on it! I had The Electric Swing Circus to motivate me through :3

Overall, I don't feel like I did a whole lot, but I'm definitely feeling the burn in my arms if no where else XD I normally would have done a circuit, but I'm on a bit of a time crunch, but I think I'll try making it a circuit on Sunday :3 And tomorrow a walk! And some Yoga! :D SQUEEEEE!

Thanks to Razzy for the wonderful help with my new workout! :D 

HI HO SILVER.... AWAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

• Like 1

Alright! So first new workout routine DONE :D

Weighted Squats 20
Decline Pushups 10
Reverse Crunch 20

Inverted Rows 10 (I fell off the bar a lot) *stares at weak wimpy girly arms*

tumblr_mjsljg53NZ1s8yfngo1_r1_500.gif

Weighted Lunges 20

Weighted Dips 5 (Arms gave out XD )

V-ups 6

Dumbbell Curls 10 per arm. 

SO. Weak arms. Very very weak arms :( But I'm gonna work on it! I had The Electric Swing Circus to motivate me through :3

Overall, I don't feel like I did a whole lot, but I'm definitely feeling the burn in my arms if no where else XD I normally would have done a circuit, but I'm on a bit of a time crunch, but I think I'll try making it a circuit on Sunday :3 And tomorrow a walk! And some Yoga! :D SQUEEEEE!

Thanks to Razzy for the wonderful help with my new workout! :D

HI HO SILVER.... AWAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Phew, yep, sounds like you got a good workout there! Noodly arms are to be expected, though. Tomorrow you'll surely be sore, but remember: Coffee can truly and seriously help. I swear by it. Any caffeine will but yeah. Coffee. Don't worry though, with the challenge you're putting on yourself, you won't have weak noodly arms for long!

And you're most welcome, sweetpea. ^_^

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

So internet was down yayyyyyyy. But I have returned!

I've managed to get two circuits in of my workout before work! So much arm pain XD 

In the area of life goals I am a few steps closer to finding myself a violin teacher! :D Which means I can be this guy XD

04cd369fd8f7e7e9d09b36d3ea40426e.jpg

Anyway, aside from that, I haven't made much progress in life XD Hopefully exciting stuff to come?

Later, my Comrades! 

IMG_0576.GIF

• Like 1

So internet was down yayyyyyyy. But I have returned!

I've managed to get two circuits in of my workout before work! So much arm pain XD 

In the area of life goals I am a few steps closer to finding myself a violin teacher! :D Which means I can be this guy XD

04cd369fd8f7e7e9d09b36d3ea40426e.jpg

Anyway, aside from that, I haven't made much progress in life XD Hopefully exciting stuff to come?

Later, my Comrades! 

IMG_0576.GIF

LOL goo job on getting in 2 circuits! A good workout for the arms does indeed suck, but when you start getting compliments on your arms, it will alllllll have been worth it!

Comrade? Are we in Soviet Russia now? Should I get out my red beret? :P

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.