Hello everyone. I'm a 22 year old mexican man.

Just like many posters in here, I'm new to the NF forums and I want to level up my life!

My stats:

I have a skinny body with a low fat index. I look like an 18 year old. I weigh about 60 kg (120 lbs) and have a height of 1.70 meters (5 ft, 7 in). My best body weigh is 62 kg (130 lbs) from five years ago.

A little about my past:

I used to be a  cardio addict five years ago. I trained MMA and Kung Fu as my main activities. I also jogged around my house and would run on 5k tracks. I was pretty agile, but I was never willing to build muscle.

College and work made sure I end that lifestyle. I became really negative about workout activities. I would give up at the first sign of struggle, weather change, or slight sickness. I started to sink most of my free time into excesive, pointless gaming. This contrasted with my previous grandmaster rank on StarCraft II. I also started to eat poorly and drink excessively. Eventually, I started to notice my health started to deteriorate. I was tired most of the time. 

Through a miracle, I found someone special a couple of years ago. My girlfriend is a fantastic, charismatic lady. I want to be there for her and look like the man she deserves. I know I should think about my own sake; but thinking about her feels more like a primal motivation to me.

Who I am now:

Ever since I met her I've been trying to improve my condition, but my life feels like a rollercoaster. College and work are still my catalyst for relapse (where I return to a terrible life style). Right now I'm stable (still recovering from a fall), but I need support to stay there. My RL friends are in a similar condition. It is hard to support each other.

What I'm doing:

I could vent a little bit more about my hardships, but that would be sort of pointless. Instead, I would like to mention what worked best for me this last year. Crossfit training and a paleo based diet really had me going for a couple of months. I had friends who shared my workout schedule, and a strict workflow control. I would like to return to those means to achieve my goals. From what I have read in NF, I believe this community has everything I need.

I believe I can make it, and when I do I want to help others around me.

MaxWidth the level 0 Ghost
Current challenge

Hey MaxWidth, welcome to the Rebellion!

It's perfectly fine to find your motivation in a person you care about. You may find that your motivation shifts over time. I started so that I could regain lost confidence and now sometimes it just comes down to wanting to see how far I can go. I still do it for the original purpose and now I have even more reasons to back the first one up.

You may want to look into the Warriors and Rangers for Crossfit help and there's a forum for Paleo and Primal resources. In The Pub and Non Fitness there are many great threads for general help with non-workout related topics, if it interests you. Hope this helps.

Welcome! madam_Patella gave you solid advice. Nothing more to add for me. =)

Ah, one thing. There will start another challenge in three weeks. perhaps you want to read about them as well.

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Thanks for the info dump!

I lurked NF some weeks before joining. So, I read a lot of Steve's main blog posts. I still need some more Paleo recipies though!

I've read about the challenges. I guess I'll go with Adventurers for my first two challenges.

Probably my weakest muscle right now is my will. I want to get that back on iron.

MaxWidth the level 0 Ghost
Current challenge