H.M.N.I. OOC (D&D Play By Post)

Love this! Will be following, even though I'm not playing

(Bonus points for the "where are the cheetos" tag)

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (7)Fitness (2)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

I am a little surprised there was no tag "touch my popcorn and I'll bite you"

Alright Everybody I am going to be doing some invites here but a few rules that I throwing out there (they are pretty common sense I like to think) they are more guidelines than rules.

Also we need to decide something. Do we want to try and all get together on skype/Roll20 or do we want to play by post?

If we do the skype/Roll20 I could (if people were okay with it) "videotape" my screen so that those not playing could follow along with us each week.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Expectations for playing: Casue Rules sounds so....schoolish

1. At least 1 substantial post every 2 days (If you can't do this please let me know. If you can't it doesn't mean that you can't play I will just do some Auto-play for you is all. Usually your character will just follow along with the group decisions)
  2. Clear descriptive writing
    1. No- "I duck the attack then hit him."
    2. Yes- "Throwing myself back, the ogre's sword sliced through the air, narrowly missing my neck. Taking advantage of him being off balance, I drop to one knee, and drive my Short sword into the armpit, biting deep into his flesh."
  3. Proper Spelling/full sentences (this one I am going to be somewhat lax on due to me sucking at spelling but please spell thing out not internet talk.)
    1. Yes- I rolled 2d6 and got a 9 on my attack. that should be a hit.
    2. No- Rolled 9 I hit.
  4. I am adding in a new Point system, Hero Points will be added for certain moments such as
    1. Figuring out a situation in a very unique way,
    2. Bad ass moments in combat
    3. You find a tricky loop hole in the story  that I didn't seal up
  5. Experience points will be awarded at the end of the quest, Also 1 hero Point can be spent to gain an automatic hit or 3 hero points can be spent to gain an automatic Critical hit.
  6. Extra experience will be awarded for a detailed back story of your character (helps me figure out different ideas for stories) AND/OR a picture of your character.
  7. If you don't like something that I have done or feel that I have been unfair in some way then please PM me. Do not call me out in the thread. 1) It will disrupt the story and 2) it was most likely an accident on my part. I will do what I can to correct it.
    1. That being said, if you guys are breezing through the stories that I write, I do reserve the right to throw a big baddie in that will hurt you a lot. I do not aim to kill my players but I do want this to be fun, not just a hack and slash, heroes always come out on top with no scratches.
    2. If things are getting too difficult for you then I will throw things in the other direction as well. If the guys you are fighting are to hard then I will alter things slightly so that you guys don't get demolished.

People Participating in H.M.N.I.

Erosan~ Wizard

Jdog~ Fighter

Ormac~ Fighter

Starpuck~ Rogue

Kishi~ Cleric

Mitchdee~ Ranger

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I'm soooo eager to start.

I vote yes on the Roll20!  I want that!  I'm mostly available in the mornings, but I can arrange my schedule to have this happen on afternoons or even nights.

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

here is a online character sheet you guys can use to generate character sheets if you don't want to print them out. please go ahead and make one, then save it and email it to me so I can have that info aswell.

my emain is djpwall2008@gmail.com

THANX

http://www.theagencystar.com/download_files/Interactive_DnD_3.5_Character_Sheet.pdf

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I'm going to roll a human wizard... I wanna get some monk in there lately... I'm feeling like creating a battlewizard of sorts. (no idea if that's how it'll end though)

And I rolled good numbers for my abilities too! Used roll20.net die rolling since I don't own the right dies...

but I rolled 12,15,15,17,10,15...

which Im not sure, but sounds like good numbers to work with.

Is atheist a religion choice? I haven't gotten to the religion part of the players manual... 

atheist isn't a religion however they are all made up gods. I would suggest loking at the

Boccob, god of magic, arcane knowledge, balance and foresight
Pelor, god of sun, light, strength and healing. More humans worship Pelor than any other deity

Saint Cuthbert, god of common sense, wisdom, zeal, honesty, truth, and discipline

Wee Jas, goddess of magic, death, vanity, and law

By praying to them you can gain certain special things once per day depending on your level. Look at taking one that woudl benefit your character even if you IRL are an athiest. you don't have to worship the god BUT it is good to have one there just incase

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

also 10 for a wizard would be good under either your strength or your charisma (if I am rembmering correctly that charisma isn't a large wizard skill)

My reason for that being your are goign to be at the back of the group casting spells mainly.

I will have my computer up and running this evening and I will be logged onto skype/google hang out if people want help building characters. I will post screen names later. I shoudl be on in roughly 4-5 hours

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

here is a online character sheet you guys can use to generate character sheets if you don't want to print them out. please go ahead and make one, then save it and email it to me so I can have that info aswell.

my emain is djpwall2008@gmail.com

THANX

http://www.theagencystar.com/download_files/Interactive_DnD_3.5_Character_Sheet.pdf

Working on this.  I'll email it when it's at least mostly complete.  Currently I'm looking at a Half-Elf Fighter, of the Neutral-Good alignment, worshiping Heironeous.  I used this online die roller since I can't see roll20 at work.  I got 16, 16, 17, 14, 11, 11 for my scores.  

EDIT: Naturally when I rolled the d10 for hit points, I rolled a 1!  haha.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

for your initial hitpoints tyou take the full amount that you can have so if you are told to roll a d10 you get 10 automatically( let me check the rule book when I get home but I believe that is how it goes.)

• Like 2

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

skype name is djpwall2008@gmail.com

feel free to message me if you want help with characters

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I am on Google+ hangout too same email address

Sent from my phone, through the banging of weights, to the chimp translators aboard the tardis powered by the dylithiam crystal flux capacitor.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Clerics do some nasty stuff later on

Sent from my phone, through the banging of weights, to the chimp translators aboard the tardis powered by the dylithiam crystal flux capacitor.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I would so be in if it were not for new job starting next week and not knowing when i could contribute reliably. But if alternates are needed for later i am in

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Dude, pmwallace rocks for DM'ing this. I realized after our couple of conversations where he answers all my questions about char creation that he signed up for doing that for all of us, meaning he has to be super-knowledgeable about D&D... damn, that must be hard.

• Like 2

The character creation is tough for them especially for the first character you do after number 17 or 18 it's a breeze to be honest I practiced with it by just making characters a different class is having fun with it and kind of forming my own party by just going okay what kind of characters will go good together if I can get a p.m. from everybody that interested it by this weekend then I'll have a final count on people there can be playing if I don't hear from you sorry I'll have to bump you up but if I can get those messages then I'll firm it up and we will have a party and I will help you pull out I should be on Skype around 8 o'clock eastern time tonight if anybody wants or needs help with character creation my screen name on there is DJPwall2008@gmail.com see you guys then

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Dude, pmwallace rocks for DM'ing this. I realized after our couple of conversations where he answers all my questions about char creation that he signed up for doing that for all of us, meaning he has to be super-knowledgeable about D&D... damn, that must be hard.

What he said.  I haven't talked to PMWallace yet, but just reading through the Dungeon Guides I can tell there is a lot of thought that goes into this.  PMWallace is a badass!  

Also, I have a [hopefully] simple question: I took the skill point allocation recommended by the starter character in the Manual (26 points), but according to my math (which could easily be wrong) I should have 72 skill points ([2 + Int] x 4; Int = 16) at the beginning of the game.  That seems like way too many, but i just don't know.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

What kind of character are you making?

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

What kind of character are you making?

Sorry.  Half-Elf Fighter is the current plan/model I'm following.  I can change it as-needed though. 

EDIT: I may have figured it out.  I'm at work right now.  I'll post a follow up ASAP. 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

OK, so I'm using the 3.5 Character Sheet provided.  When I plug in my Ability Rolls from before I put one of the 16's on Int, which makes the modifier 3.  Is it safe to assume I calculate the beginning points using the modifier and not the raw Int number?  That would give me ([2 + 3] x 4) = 20 points instead of 72, which seems to make more sense.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™