H.M.N.I. OOC (D&D Play By Post)

I need a bit of hand holding here. I'm going to attack also so I rolled twice. Is my initiative roll or combat roll first?

My first roll was a 19 and my second was a 7. 

I have no initiative bonus. Not sure if this counts as a surprise attack or not. I do have a weapon specialization feat with dwarven waraxe if my makeshift weapon resembles an axe enough for it to count. That's a +1. 

I'm a quick learner but I'm coming for a position of complete ignorance.  :D

joedog, level 15 Monk

Current Challenge

I'm on a plane en right now, lol. I posted in the actual thread but will need the DM to roll for me since it's hard to navigate on this dawn tablet.

Hide in shadows during the distraction, then pick a target that I can flank with another combatant on, and go for sneak attack damage if I can.

• Like 2

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

Hide in shadows during the distraction, then pick a target that I can flank with another combatant on, and go for sneak attack damage if I can.

So this is me just being curious.  What did the Elven Daggers you mentioned look like?  I particularly like bladed weaponry, and inquiring minds want to know!  

(Though as I type this is occurs to me that that might be something more interesting to include in the story itself)

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Hmmm I hadn't thought about it, but now you make me want to go google searching for how I imagine hers to look like! :D

• Like 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

rolling awfully low seems to be the modus operandi of this group… we need to step up our dice rolling lest we want this to be a short adventure…

• Like 1

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

Hmmm I hadn't thought about it, but now you make me want to go google searching for how I imagine hers to look like! :D

A quick google for Elven Dagger brings up some pretty cool results.  (Although some of them are more of a shortsword than dagger)

I've been looking at Two-handed swords for my character too, seeing what fits and what I like.  Got a few ideas so far.  I think I'll wait for the story to progress before picking the sword though.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

rolling awfully low seems to be the modus operandi of this group… we need to step up our dice rolling lest we want this to be a short adventure…

Or pray for some really stupid mobs around us.  haha.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Or pray for some really stupid mobs around us. haha.

my char's deity is Boccob the-one-without-fucks-to-give. I don't think praying will help me much.
  • Like 1

my char's deity is Boccob the-one-without-fucks-to-give. I don't think praying will help me much.

Can't say who mine is (yet), since my character hasn't revealed it, but mine might be willing to help.  Maybe.  I hope.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Am I the only one that goes back and re-reads the story thread like 11ty billion times between posts? [emoji14]

nah, you are not alone. Ive done that too about once or a hundred times…
  • Like 1

Alright so I had written out an epic encounter, posted it, and have been waiting for you guys to post. Checked it today and my phone never posted it. Just got out of work reposting tonight when i get home sorry guys

Sent from my phone, through the banging of weights, to the chimp translators aboard the tardis powered by the dylithiam crystal flux capacitor.

• Like 2

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Alright so I had written out an epic encounter, posted it, and have been waiting for you guys to post. Checked it today and my phone never posted it. Just got out of work reposting tonight when i get home sorry guys

Sent from my phone, through the banging of weights, to the chimp translators aboard the tardis powered by the dylithiam crystal flux capacitor.

Looking forward to it! 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I'm worried, not sure you ever made it home... ;)

But honestly, I'm debating if you are too busy* or if your phone screwed us all again.

*Note: definitely not my intention to sound demanding or entitled to... but I can't deny I've been having fun with these posts and I always look forward to them. That said, I can totally relate to not finding time for stuff... <zen> If you can post, then you can... if you can't post, then you can't. That is life.</zen>

• Like 1

At the sound of the ping, you will know that Kishi is gently and genuinely concerned... and also hasn't checked the main thread yet.

*Ping.*

That makes 2 of us.  Except that I have checked the main thread.  And I'm still genuinely concerned.  :(

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™