G'DAY FELLOW REBELS

This is like the

img20.gif (calculate that)

time I respawn, but with good reason, apparently.

After 2 years of continuously struggling with my health and my GP telling me it's all because I'm "psychologically unstable'', I was fed up with it and decided to go to a private clinic abroad, with all the results from lab tests from the past few years.

It paid off.

Not only did they find I tested positively for Lyme disease OVER A YEAR AGO (can you imagine my GP just overlooked that...) and still do, but they also discovered my T4 levels (thyroid hormone) are way below the minimum, let alone for my age. These 2 things can perfectly explain why

• I felt tired all the tile
  • Had continuous headaches
  • Skipped school because I felt depressed or sick
  • Fell ill all the time
  • gained weight despite being on a starvation diet
  • my hair fell out
  • my nails were brittle
  • My skin was super dry, despite applying the most expensive lotions or creams

In other words, I am not insane or psychologically messed up, I just had medical conditions. I'll have to take a lot of antibiotics for a month, and take hormone pills for the rest of my life, but if it brings me closer to health, I'll happily take them.
They found other really depressing things, on which I may elaborate later, but I don't think a fitnesswebsite is the place for it. They will definitely influence my progress, but I'm confident they won't stand in the way.

Because of all the medication I need to take now, they put me on a very strict diet, which is basically a modified paleo diet, so there shouldn't be too much trouble there, I hope. I'm not really allowed to do any vigorous exercise for some time either, but I can stick with long walks and yoga every day for now!

Finally, I feel like I'm getting somewhere. I feel like there actually MAY BE a solution to this ''hopeless case''.

I may not directly shed the pounds I gained because of my hypothyroidism, but that's not my primary aim. I want to get healthy, I want full, healthy, vibrant hair. I want the twinkle back in my eyes. I want the motivation to ace my calculus classes back. And I will get it all back. I may rely on pills all my life, but I will not let that depress me. I still have my life goal of climbing Mount Everest, then settling in Nepal and founding a charity for science education for Nepali children in remote areas, and I will achieve it one day.

But for now: chicken wings, avocado and hella Hatha Yoga.

745867.gif

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

100 consecutive push-ups goal

25%
25%

If you are not willing to look stupid, nothing great is ever going to happen to you!

yeek!  Congrats on getting diagnoses and treatment.  I bet you'll feel soooo much better soon.

And nice job integrating (see what I did there?) math equations into a post.  I'm bad at math but I'll venture a guess ... does that one work out to "infinity"?

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

yeek! Congrats on getting diagnoses and treatment. I bet you'll feel soooo much better soon.

And nice job integrating (see what I did there?) math equations into a post. I'm bad at math but I'll venture a guess ... does that one work out to "infinity"?

Haha, yes it does ;) and hmm, ive been having a lot of headaches but that could be the medication, should be better soon. Full of good hopes!!!

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

25%
25%

If you are not willing to look stupid, nothing great is ever going to happen to you!

Good luck with your health and academics! I'm glad you were able to find out what's been holding you back!

Maybe get a different GP?

Thank you!! Yeah, im getting another one. Im so so soo angry at him. Ahwell, more than enough choices :P

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

25%
25%