Greetings, Ladies, Gentlemen, and Variations Thereupon

You can call me Duz.

I'm a 27 year old educational professional currently living in Texas, United States. I've been working out semi-regularly (1-3 times a week) for about six months now, and it's become a part of my routine. I had to miss a whole week last week because of circumstances, and it felt like I hadn't been to the gym in FOREVER.

Here are my measurements:

Weight: 210 lbs (down 10 lbs)

Waist: 39" (down 1 inch)

Bicep: 14" (down .25 inch)

Thigh: 25" (down 2.5 inches)

I don't have weight or measurement goals, but as long as I keep seeing change, I will be happy. My main goals are to be strong and kickass like Xena or She-Hulk and crush a watermeleon with my thighs one day. My biggest obstacle is that I was badly injured in high school and have a messed up leg that makes tasks difficult, sometimes even walking. It waxes and wanes, sometimes from nothing at all to other times having to walk with a cane. I also really hate meat and most forms of protein, and that might be why I struggle to put on muscle.

As far as nerdom, I am a big TMNT fan. I'm working my way though 2003 right now, and I watch one episode as I do my cardio. It makes it easier to get through it, because I really dislike cardio but I understand the importance of it. Raphael is my favorite turtle and I wish I could lift with him. * _ *  I'm a blue lantern fan and have a blue lantern tattoo. (I also have a TMNT tattoo and a Silent Hill tattoo. Training to survive SH sounds like an interesting idea!) I'm also queer as a football bat and into activism and intersectional feminism. I like really silly work out shirts that say things like "You can't lift with us" or "I lift things up and put them down"

Hi there! Welcome to NerdFitness. Sounds like you are taking strides forward into becoming more fit, so hurray! Well done!

"Queer as a football bat," lol, that's a new one. There's a thread for us queer folk over here. (It's really long, but feel free to skip to the end and introduce yourself there.) If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is... "intersectional feminism"? (I feel like I should know what it is, but I don't think I've heard that particular term before....)

Hmm, there was a conversation around here a little while ago that started out being about the "fat acceptance movement" and ended up talking about racism and ableism, too. I guess that would be an illustration of that concept, that all forms of oppression are related.

So how does one "be" an intersectional feminist? I mean, is it just a matter of trying to be aware of all the different types of identities around you, and trying to be respectful to everyone? Or are there other things such as awareness campaigns?

EDIT: Partially answering my own question, I found this useful blog post.

I absolutely still want to hear your version of being an intersectional feminist, though, Duz!