Introducing "Red Davy"

Sometimes my character goes as Red Davy or RedDavy65. This comes from a website I visited long ago where you put in your real name and it created a pirate name for you. 

I'm new to this forum, but have been a subscriber of nerd fitness email updates for about a year. 

I've done lots of exercise in my life, and I think it's a good thing as my family seems to have a genetic predisposition to be a bit heavy. 

A quick history of my journey low these 50 years. 

kid. biked everywhere, played a little soccer and hockey (didn't really like either all that much). Played baseball until the pitchers started throwing stuff I couldn't hit. (I loved being catcher). 

highschool. 

ran track, swim team. Never the star, but enjoyed both. 

Ran cross country.. didn't so much like that. 

Discovered I'm more of a sprinter than long distance sort of guy. 

college. 

not much.. began lifting a bit, played intramural sports. Ultimate Frisbee...*love". 

Post College> 

Really got into weight lifting. developed decent size.. then my weight lifting buddy (a woman) started dating a triathlete. She wanted me to work out with her. I did so just to be supportive... but got into it as well. Ended up completing a variety of triathlons including the Ironman Canada in 1994. My time as 13.5 hrs. 

Was pretty burned out after that... and took a bunch of time off. 

Since then, just a regular commitment to hitting the gym, for both weights and cardio. i really enjoy a good spin class. 

about 7 months ago my wife and I joined "Monkey bar Gym". This is sort of set up like a cross fit gym, in the sense that there are set times to go and work as a group in doing a workout of the day. but this place has almost no equipment. There are pull up bars, and some straps with handles we use for things like "body rows". Otherwise, it's a lot of pushups, and burpees, and oh yeah, the Power Wheel. I'm up to about 40 yards of Power Wheel Crawl... which is pretty cool since when I started I couldn't do 2 yards. 

For diet, I do pretty well. I enjoy craft beer, so that probably is my biggest sin. I also haven't met a cookie I didn't like. But even in this first week am finding myself saying "eh, I don't really need to eat that".  My wife is a dietitian, so we eat really well. She doesn't bad mouth the paleo diet, but I'm pretty sure we're not following it either. But I need to learn more about it. 

What's really inspiring about this is the Attributes in the Role Playing are making me think about other areas of my life I've ignored... like Yoga or Meditation, or time management, etc. So I'm excited to think about how to work on working on leveling up, or gaining experience points by creating and working on goals around that. 

I'm married, and have twin daughters. We live in Missoula MT. 

If you know anyone in my area let me know, It would be fun to meet fellow Rebels in person. 

Thanks for taking time to read this. I wish you all the best in your journey...

Red... 

• Like 1

Level: 2    Race: Human    Profession: Adventurer

STR: 2    DEX: 2    STA: 2  CON: 2    WIS: 2    CHA: 2

Waiting for next challenge to start

First Challenge (#40 - Adventurers)
 Goals:
 Workouts >5/wk, 8 Pullups, 20 Billable Hours/wk, Meditate 2x/wk, Keep drinks to <6/wk