1.5 Miles Under 9 Minutes!

With a week and a day until my fitness test I decided to time my 1.5mile run today. And I got in 8.53.8!

I managed 10min flat several months ago on a treadmill, then outside. But I don't do a full pace test that often, I don't think they add much for training and the fatigue is a killer when it comes to training for the rest of the week lol. Knowing my running pace was trending in the right direction I just kept training. And now BAM!

I'd like to say that I finished with my fist held high in a victory salute as I was silhouetted by the bright sun...but in fact when I slowed after passing the finish I basically collapsed in a heap. Then curled up in the foetal position retching, luckily I hadn't eaten since breakfast so that was fine. There were lots of stars, a taste of blood, and my lungs are still not that happy some hours later. But I did it!

8.53.8! And the minimum standard is 11:33 for my age...so I might walk the last lap on the day :P

• Like 1

The valiant never taste of death but once.

Battle Log:

100 Day Bench Press Challenge (64 Days)

Challenge: 1, 2

Estrix, level 1 Goblin Raider

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

I'd like to say that I finished with my fist held high in a victory salute as I was silhouetted by the bright sun...but in fact when I slowed after passing the finish I basically collapsed in a heap. Then curled up in the foetal position retching, luckily I hadn't eaten since breakfast so that was fine. There were lots of stars, a taste of blood, and my lungs are still not that happy some hours later. But I did it!

That is the sign of a true victory. Congrats!

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you hit, call it the target."

Thanks :D Seriously happy with it, given that the minimum standard for my age is 11:33 and really the "high score" time is 10 minutes. On the down side, I now know how it's going to feel on the day...and I kinda wish I didn't :P

The valiant never taste of death but once.

Battle Log:

100 Day Bench Press Challenge (64 Days)

Challenge: 1, 2

Estrix, level 1 Goblin Raider

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

but that's still well under what you had to beat, so you did it!

congrats!

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.

I'm so jealous!! Are you Navy or Air Force? Or just another group of people with a 1.5 mile test?

I'm in the Air Force and my run time is my absolute worse. This last time I barely passed but they do account for the fact that the altitude is so high here so I wasn't too hard on myself.

I can max out sit ups and waist, and get around 30 push ups for 8. something points. But the run kills me. My fastest was in bootcamp at 13:30. Mad kudos on your run time!!!

"My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on a limb
And all I remember is thinking, I want to be like them."