Just married, starting a family with a couple of fur babies, getting noticed by your awesome bosses at your awesome Texas radio station job, then...

BAM!

The same day I get promoted is the day my husband gets the job he's been waiting for since leaving the military... In Pennsylvannia...

When life hands you lemons, I am right?

We had our first real-life, grown up talk that day (on Valentine's Day, 😓) and as much as we hated to admit it, both of our life changing job opportunities were something we couldn't pass up. He had to move to PA and I had to stay in TX. I gave my bosses a "1-year garantee" that I would stay and do the job. My husband moved and I began life as a geographically separated wife with 2 dogs and a cat to take care of and living on my own for the first time. Nothing would had prepared me for what challenges I would face.

To make the year long story short, this is what happened in a nutshell:

Dove in head first into my job

Realizing that I had no real support system in this game changer

Lost confidence in myself

Ultimately became depressed

I lost the trust of my bosses

Finally hitting rock bottom by using food as a reward/punishment

Quit my job after 11 months and moved to PA a month early with no real plan on what I'm doing.

So here I am, one month in living in PA, no job, no confidence and absolutely no motivation left in me to even do the simplest things.

But...

You can always hit restart

So here I am, looking to restart.

So for months I had Nerd Fitness open on my iPad of how to do a push up. It was always opened just like I was always going to start one day. Never looked past to the vast awesomeness that lurked behind that blog post.

Till 4 days ago...

I decided to join the rebellion because I need similar, like minded people to tell me I matter. That I can get healthy again. That I can be happy with my new life, even if it doesn't go according to what I dreamed of.

My husband told me once the best time he ever knew me was back to the first summer were engaged. I was happy, I had just graduated and I was living my life the way I wanted too.

I want to be that happy again. I just gotta restart somewhere.

• Like 1

The_Wanderer | Spartan/Zombie Slayer | Recruit

Level 0

Battle Log | Current Challenge

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference
-Robert Frost

Just married, starting a family with a couple of fur babies, getting noticed by your awesome bosses at your awesome Texas radio station job, then...

BAM!

The same day I get promoted is the day my husband gets the job he's been waiting for since leaving the military... In Pennsylvannia...

When life hands you lemons, I am right?

We had our first real-life, grown up talk that day (on Valentine's Day, ) and as much as we hated to admit it, both of our life changing job opportunities were something we couldn't pass up. He had to move to PA and I had to stay in TX. I gave my bosses a "1-year garantee" that I would stay and do the job. My husband moved and I began life as a geographically separated wife with 2 dogs and a cat to take care of and living on my own for the first time. Nothing would had prepared me for what challenges I would face.

To make the year long story short, this is what happened in a nutshell:

Dove in head first into my job

Realizing that I had no real support system in this game changer

Lost confidence in myself

Ultimately became depressed

I lost the trust of my bosses

Finally hitting rock bottom by using food as a reward/punishment

Quit my job after 11 months and moved to PA a month early with no real plan on what I'm doing.

So here I am, one month in living in PA, no job, no confidence and absolutely no motivation left in me to even do the simplest things.

But...

You can always hit restart

So here I am, looking to restart.

So for months I had Nerd Fitness open on my iPad of how to do a push up. It was always opened just like I was always going to start one day. Never looked past to the vast awesomeness that lurked behind that blog post.

Till 4 days ago...

I decided to join the rebellion because I need similar, like minded people to tell me I matter. That I can get healthy again. That I can be happy with my new life, even if it doesn't go according to what I dreamed of.

My husband told me once the best time he ever knew me was back to the first summer were engaged. I was happy, I had just graduated and I was living my life the way I wanted too.

I want to be that happy again. I just gotta restart somewhere.

Welcome to the party, beer is in the back, first door to the left.

Sounds like you've had a hell of a year, and yeah, you can always respawn... just don't forget the Konomi Code lest you run out of lives. :-)

If you need little pick me up, go read the success stories. Many who have started where you're at, and the progress they've made. There's a couple I look to for motivation myself, and it's always nice to kind of "refocus" occasionally.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)