I greet you, from Western Mass - a Blackwatch introduction

I stumbled on this forum recently and was happy to see a place that smashes together two things I enjoy. I've enjoyed what I've seen so far and may join the next challenge.

I'm 37 and digging myself out of the hole of lifestyle choices. I'm doing ok and making progress and have for a few years. Sometimes, I feel like I've gotten myself almost out of the hole, which means to me that I'm almost at a starting point. I probably am in the lower-intermediate range for lifting.

I work in IT and have for quite some time, so I sit around a lot. I share a fair amount of online gaming time with my friends, play some D&D, and enjoy me some good TV and Movies, as well as reading.

After my wife had our first kid, my working out slowly diminished and my family time escalated (as it's wont to do). Upon child 2, I still hadn't fixed my lifestyle. A lot of not exercising, with some bouts of exercising.

A few years ago, I joined a gym with a couple of friends. One was hugely into bodybuilding and since he already worked hard to hit his goals and had taken the time to figure out his routine, I followed along. It went well and I gained a fair amount of early strength. My schedule changed so I didn't get to work with them as much, but I took that opportunity to start using a different routine. I did not stop lifting, just did it different. I did Stronglifts for awhile, then I moved to 5/3/1, then went back a step to Madcow, which I'm currently on. Madcow is working out pretty well, the increased squatting is good.

It feels my best progess is along the Warrior path, but I can't rule out that in the end I may be a Warrior-Ranger hybrid, or even something else. I guess we'll see.

I look forward to reading an sharing with you guys and girls.

Are you still working on Madcow? I never tried that one. I hate squats!

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...