Salivanth's Epic Quest [2015 Edition]

The last epic quest I tried was too complicated, so this time I'm going to keep things simple. I'll focus on the next eight months, and set myself a series of tasks I want to achieve. The theme of this year is FOUNDATION. I want to build a solid base of strength and cardiovascular endurance so that I can build on these in future years. I'll be going for a mixture of the Nerd Fitness spartan benchmarks (most of them, anyway) and some goals/modifications of my own design.

Start Date: 7th May.

Due Date: 31st December.

Weights (0/3):

Bench my body weight 5 times. (Current: 2 x 0.85 BW)

Overhead press .67x my body weight 5 times. (Current: 4 x 0.5 BW)

Deadlift 1.5x my bodyweight 5 times. (Current: 5 x 1.2 BW)

Bodyweight Strength (0/4):

Do 50 push-ups in one set. (Current: 25)

Do 10 pull-ups in one set. (Current: 2)

Do 12 dips in one set. (Current: 3)

Perform a 30-second L-sit on the floor. (Current: N/A)

Bodyweight Skills (0/3):

Perform a 60-second wall handstand (Hands < 12 inches away from wall). (Current: N/A)

Perform a 60-second advanced crow stand. (Current: 60s regular crow)

Touch my toes in a seated forward bend.

Running (0/2):

Run a half-marathon in under 2 hours. (Current: N/A)
Run a 24:00 5k. (Current: 28:16)

Misc (0/4):

Complete my first semester of university.
Complete my maths course. (Current: Part 7 of 10)

Save $10,000. (Current: $6,000)
Finish my bulk, then get below 12% body fat. (Current: 4 kg from bulk finishing)

Total: 0/16

If I can complete most or all of these tasks, I should be in a prime position for a bunch of cool stuff in 2016: weighted pull-ups/dips for strength, more advanced calisthenics, basic tumbling and ring routines, and more advanced running training. It'll give me a solid base of athleticism I can use to declare myself "fit" as well, which I've wanted to be for a long time.

I may add a few more goals to the quest as I think of them, but I'm committing now to not let the number grow above 20.

• Like 2

This gives me an idea. Considering my first NF anniversary is in less than a month, I've planned a review but I should probably look into my epic quest as well. Several goals have been completed, altered or removed in the meantime. Not to mention how I dropped the whole Planescape/githzerai theme. Might have to come up with a revamped edition. Thanks for the inspiration and good luck with your goals!

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

This gives me an idea. Considering my first NF anniversary is in less than a month, I've planned a review but I should probably look into my epic quest as well. Several goals have been completed, altered or removed in the meantime. Not to mention how I dropped the whole Planescape/githzerai theme. Might have to come up with a revamped edition. Thanks for the inspiration and good luck with your goals!

No problem! Enjoy revamping your epic quest :)