Good bye, old frenemy

So, I'm an anxious person, and as such, I have more than my fair share of knots in my back and shoulders. And an experience from when I was a teenager and my aunt was training to be a masseuse  (she was one of those people who like to sneak up and push you in the pool, apparently this translated into surprise massages) left enough of an impression on me to not seek that option out on a regular basis.

There is in particular one big knot that I figured had permanently taken up residence in my upper back that had never left even after being treated for muscle spasms or being on a relaxing tropical vacation. We're talking years of residency, no exaggeration.

I call it little NorwegianBlue. 

But anyway, I've been lifting weights for about a month now, hoping that proper form wouldn't aggravate it more and bring back the dreaded muscle spasms. I've also taken to trying to meditate over the past few weeks. It's also possible that the weight lifting may have helped with my posture. 

And the other day I reached around to itch my back, and no random bunched up group of muscle to be found. Seriously. Little NB's packed up it's bags and moved on to acting like regular muscle. I love reaching back and not finding it. This is like the stress version of constantly feeling your clavicle after losing weight. 

• Like 6