(May 25th - June 7th) The Bye Weeks Challenge

According to Spezzy we are going in to another double decker fortnight of bye weeks between challenges.

And I don't know about you but two weeks is a long time to be off the virtual crack that is the NF Forums.

Last time this happened I made a little between challenge PvP, and at the request of the Rangers Guild I am doing so again this time round.

Whilst the Rangers requested the challenge it is open to all Guilds as well as our lovely Level 0 Rebels who are chomping at the bit to get started but can't wait till June 8th to kick off.

The Challenge is all about maintaining the gains you have made the challenge, recharging your batteries for the next challenge to come and also having a bit of fun between challenges - cos let's face it some of you beast it HARD on those 6 week bad boys.

So if you wanna join in it is super simple, there are three Quest headers below, decide what you will do to achieve these quests over the Bye period and keep updating with how you're getting on

Quest One

Try something new this two weeks that you have always wanted to try but never gotten around to because of money, time or because it didn't fit in with your challenge

This could be trying a new exercise class, dance class, giving a new gym a go or martial art. It doesn't have to be fitness based it could be finally sorting out your finances or updating your CV, trying some weird new recipes (like cheese, drizzled with honey and sprinkled with coffee - honestly it works!)

You only need to do it once so if it sucks it doesn't matter, but if it is awesome then you have opened up a whole new world for yourself.

Quest Two

Make yourself a mini fitness goal or training commitment for this period and stick with - seeing as it is only for two weeks it can be as crazy as you want.

Or you could use it as the opportunity to try out a goal you are thinking for your 6 week challenge, to see if it is going to work for you or not.

Do you want to try handstand practice every other day, or try a crossfit workout everyday, maybe you want to spend a little bit of time trying kettlebells or going to a new and different gym to see what it's like, or perhaps you would like to lose 3lbs over this period

It could carry on from and support your last challenge, or be a little trial for your next challenge, or just something off the wall for a bit of something different

Quest Three

Even pro athletes deserve a bit of fun between seasons, so I want you to pick one thing that gives you unadulterated joy and do it or buy it.

Whether it went exactly as you wanted or not, and whether you achieved what you want to or not you worked damn hard on the last six week challenge, and I know you are going to work damn hard on the next one - so it's time to reward yourself

Is there a play or show you have always wanted to see, do you enjoy fine cuisine, maybe you'd get a kick out of having some buddies round for a summer barbecue, or get in touch with those friends that always make you laugh and have a gaming night.

On nearly everyone I have followed this challenge they have either been crapped on or have worked through some serious obstacles. I know during a 6 week challenge I feel frazzled by the amount I learn about myself and the personal barriers I break down, so before that whole process starts again let's have little respite and remember what it means to be us.

So it's as simple as that, let the world know the ways you are going to tackle these three quests and keep us all updated with your progress, I can't wait to read it

• Like 17

And I don't know about you but two weeks is a long time to be off the virtual crack that is the NF Forums.

Quoted for accurate description

• Like 6

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Alert! I just realised my birthday falls in this no-challenge period as well as a music festival in England. Can I reduce one of you to the size of Jiminy Cricket and carry you around so I have someone to well at me to stay on track? Okay let's write the quests down:

Quest one: try something new - prepare the flight

I am planning on moving to Canada at the end of the year. Maybe I could start learning a bit about the country starting from now, instead of agonizing over my job and nutrition all the time. I'll help me feel less stressed about the future, and fuel my daily daydreaming session. So yeah, let's say I'll have to read at least one article - or see one video (or whatever format/medium) on the subject of Canada, Canadian history, Canadian cities, whatever it is, has to be red-maple-leaf-related - every day. I could also start looking for forums on the internet, or even here, that would involve me interacting with Canadians. 

Quest two: fitness goal - steady course

I want to keep at it these two weeks, but I have many oncoming distractions and wouldn't mind exercising a bit less because I went hard during this challenge. So I'll jsut set the goal of doing my bodyweight routine six times (3/week) and walk 5 km at a time six times (3/week). Stuff done during the festival/trip counts. Would be awesome if I could convince one of my festival buddies to work out with me in the mornings. 

Quest three: have fun - damage control

While I know there will be inevitable slips ups in the diet during the festival and my birthday - that's the fun part - I want to force myself to keep tracking these, at least to know how much and how bad I lost control. I'm sure that forcing myself to enter the number of beers in the log will make me feel bad enough to limit the number I drink  (two a day max over the three days of the fest, I just looked up the price of the pint. Lol. 4 pounds. Lol. LOL. LOL)

• Like 4

Okay, here's mine

Quest One

Try something new this two weeks that you have always wanted to try but never gotten around to because of money, time or because it didn't fit in with your challenge

Moving to a new town and a new job has been one hell of a change already. What's worse, I moved from a small town of short distances and a mid-day break for everyone to go home, into the big city where I leave home in the morning and return at night. This has led to work and workouts dominating my day and leaving minimal chances to take care of personal things. I need to declutter and deal with the little odd stuff that keeps bugging me and draining morale. So, for the 2 week break, my first quest is to strike out as many things as I can from the following list:

• Call the notary for a family inheritance thing that's been bugging me for almost a year
  • Arrange the writing for said inheritance matter
  • Change the engine oil of my car
  • Settle my insurance debt
  • Issue a new passport
  • Sort out some paperwork for the sale of my old car

Quest Two

Make yourself a mini fitness goal or training commitment for this period and stick with - seeing as it is only for two weeks it can be as crazy as you want. Or you could use it as the opportunity to try out a goal you are thinking for your 6 week challenge, to see if it is going to work for you or not.

Obviously I'll keep up with my Crossfit trainings, but I have to work around the fact that my home environment is terrible for home workouts and I have minimum options around for physical activities. I get itchy on rest days and weekends, gotta find something to do at such times that's not a great big deal unto itself (meaning I don't have to drive far away and take several hours off my day). Going into no excuses mode for the 2 weeks, doing the TMNT workout. At home, during days that I'm not training at the box.

Quest Three

Even pro athletes deserve a bit of fun between seasons, so I want you to pick one thing that gives you unadulterated joy and do it or buy it.

Believe it or not, physical exercise and fitness does indeed fill me up with joy, to the point that I'm completely "meh" when it comes to traditional ways of having fun such as going out, drinking etc. I've been looking for a way to combine that with my recreational activities and hope to come up with ideas for an active daily excursion, a physical weekend, workout holidays etc. Should come in handy during my spare time and might be a good chance to socialize while also converting others to being more active. To that end, my quest is to use the weekends until the next challenge begins in order to explore options and try out stuff related to all this

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

I must ponder appropriate mini-goals.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

OK.  I'm in too.  2 weeks is a long time.  

Quest One

During the current challenge I tried some different group fitness classes out and I mostly enjoyed them.  I only had a temporary membership to the group fitness gym and I'm not prepared to pay to extend it.  But my gym has several.  I tried a couple of them.  I want to try the others so I know which ones work for me and what to work into the schedule for next challenge.  The classes I haven't tried yet are:

Strike! boxing

Simply Strength

Barbell Strength

I would like to try all 3 of the remaining ones - schedule permitting.

Quest Two

Make yourself a mini fitness goal or training commitment for this period and stick with - seeing as it is only for two weeks it can be as crazy as you want.

I've put together an aggressive workout schedule together for the bye weeks.  But I will have company for most of the 2 weeks.  Half of it (maybe more than half) is doing what I am doing now.  So that's really the easy part.  The new part is getting some fitness done in the mornings.  I've been working on waking up earlier and I'd like to use that time for a little warm up for the day.  This really only applies to work days and I am taking some time off over these 2 weeks.  But there are 5 morning activities on the schedule.  The plan is to either go for a short run or walk and bring the dog or do some stretchy yoga. So the

goal will be 5 am fitness activities.  

Quest Three

I've got company coming so the opportunities for fun and joy are extensive.  my goal will be to actually take a breath and enjoy them.  I plan on sticking to the good habits I've developed but I don't want to get stressed out and obsessive.  That totally happens.  And, I should mention, not all of the company is joyful.  At least one person who will be staying at our place causes me anxiety and stress and has even induced migraines since I was a teenager.  If I can keep from getting stressed, and avoid a migraine, it will be joyous indeed.  

Goal: enjoy family visits stress free

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I AM TOTALLY IN.

YAAAAASS.

Two weeks is a long time, especially when I've got my next 6W goals set up...

Now to think of appropriate items for these three tasks.

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Thanks ItsDaniel! I love this thread...so glad you resurrected it.

Something new!  There is a little island near my house that is not far offshore (supposedly easy kayak trip) and has campsites. I'm going to scope out the logistics...where do you park, how far is it, could I get there on a paddleboard...do I trust myself to paddleboard with a backpack of stuff(?)...and if it seems fun, I'm going to make a reservation to stay out there (just have to do some legwork during the mini...probably won't have time to actually stay there till later).

Exercise thing...ok kind of boring, but I'm going to do my stupid elbow PT exercises 3x a week. grrrr....

Joy! Going to sit out on the deck of my favorite bar and have my favorite summertime drink. The bar is near work, and I'm usually rushing off right after to go work out or make dinner or whatever...I want to make a little time to sit outside and enjoy the start of the season.

114138171776231501_PlCU6DT0_b.jpg    It's not exactly like this, but kind of has this vibe. A happy place.

p.s. I do realize it's a little weird to have a NF goal that involves drinking more...

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Quest One

50/50 Squats Challenge... sort of.

See, during the last 6 Week Challenge (Feb 23- April 5), I missed out on this: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/62092-mini-challenge-5050-squats/

I was struggling with low iron and non-existant levels of vitamin D, and had only been using barbells for a couple months.

Now my bloodwork is within normal limits, I'm comfortable with my squat form at 50% bodyweight, and I've got a two week break between challenges, so I don't have to worry about wrecking my program if (hah!) it takes more than 48 hours to recover.

So, on Monday (the 25th) I'll see how many reps I can get at 80-ish lbs.  (I might neurotically use 50% of that morning's weigh in, if it works well with my little 1&1/4 lb bat weights.)

:)

Quest Two

Or you could use it as the opportunity to try out a goal you are thinking for your 6 week challenge, to see if it is going to work for you or not.

Flylady adaptation.  I'm pretty sure I'll be using this in the next challenge, but I also know that I'll need to tweak it to fit my life, so this is a nice chance to start that process without worrying about "failing" my challenge as I work out the details.

(For those who don't already know about it, Flylady.net is a website that a lot of Rebels have found useful for Life Goals that center on housework or organization.  There's a strong basis of small, sustainable changes... a focus on progress rather than perfection... and use of routines (habits) instead of willpower/discipline.  Sound like successful tactics to anyone else?)

So, for the 2 weeks, I'll be starting the 31 Beginner Babysteps... at a bit of an accelerated pace, but skipping or adapting the things that don't fit my life.  How far I get will determine how I frame my non-fitness goal in the next 6 Week Challenge.

Quest Three

Whether it went exactly as you wanted or not, and whether you achieved what you want to or not you worked damn hard on the last six week challenge, and I know you are going to work damn hard on the next one - so it's time to reward yourself

Is there a play or show you have always wanted to see, do you enjoy fine cuisine, maybe you'd get a kick out of having some buddies round for a summer barbecue, or get in touch with those friends that always make you laugh and have a gaming night.

On nearly everyone I have followed this challenge they have either been crapped on or have worked through some serious obstacles. I know during a 6 week challenge I feel frazzled by the amount I learn about myself and the personal barriers I break down, so before that whole process starts again let's have little respite and remember what it means to be us.

I, uh, guess I need to remember what it means to be me a little more that I realized, because I have no idea what I want to do for this quest.

It's a little bit sad-making.

I'll come back and edit something in if I think of anything, but really, right now, I'm a little terrified that I've forgotten how to have joy.  :(

• Like 1

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

All right, all right, got it.  Goals ahoy!!

Quest One

Try something new this two weeks that you have always wanted to try but never gotten around to because of money, time or because it didn't fit in with your challenge.

I've wanted some greenery in our backyard for a while but gardening totally intimidates me, and I've hemmed and hawed about planting things for a LONG TIME... but I've decided I'm going to section off a small area of our yard near the porch and so a little minor landscaping and plant some seeds for sunflowers and wildflowers I have, and some type of flowering shrubbery!  I am REALLY EXCITED about this.....! (And hope it turns out well!) 

Quest Two

I'm hoping to chill out for these two weeks while maintaining a general lifting schedule, so I'm going to work on some balance poses and track how long I can hold them for.  Eagle, half moon, tree, crow... and stuff!  I love balancing. :)

Quest Three

Get my butt to the BEACH.  Every time I plan to either it rains / gets cold / gets cloudy and windy... GRR.  I WILL make it there over the next two weeks, even if I have to wake up early on my day off to beat the crowds!!!!!!!

• Like 1

After my first ever challenge as a recruit, I'm a little addicted.  So glad to have a 2 week opportunity here!

Quest One - Try something new 

Looks like a good time for a couple new recipes.  My husband was recently told his triglycerides were too high.  He was then told about 100 different and conflicting ways to lower them.  Personally, I think it's the beer, but who am I to make such outrageous observations?  Anyways, this challenge is a good time to find some new dinner recipes that have lower carbs.  If we can cut out the pasta and potatoes for a couple days, we can make room for that occasional brew.  We have two weeks for this challenge, so I'll shoot to get two new low carb dinners on the meal plan.

Quest Two - Mini fitness goal 

Over these two weeks, I'm going to knock out these two NF Academy goals:  Walk to Mordor and Go for a 60 Minute Walk.  Not super-challenging, but I really need to get these checked off.

Quest Three - Unadulterated joy

Ha!  I'm going letterboxing.  I have my afternoons free for two more weeks before the kids are home for the summer.  I'm going to make a special effort to get out boxing one of these afternoons.  It's something I love to do, and it's been far too long since I've done it.  Plus there's a new box nearby that looks perfect.  As a bonus, it's written in a secret code, and I have the chance to be the first finder :)

• Like 1

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

At the end of my 1st six week challenge and I'm definitely addicted  :playful:. I'm so thankful that I found this forum, I'd love to join this challenge to keep me on track during the Bye Weeks!

Cooking! I love cooking and am always looking for new things to try so this goal is 1 new recipes per week. 

Changed to one extra day of weight training. So Weights 2x a week: Tuesday and Sunday

Reading for pleasure. I don't do this regularly enough  :neglected:. It always makes my day better so 30 minutes of reading per day. Continuing with meditation also falls under this goal.
  • Like 1

level 21 magic cat druid, doodlie for life

sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Current

(old) Battle LogBattle Log

After my first ever challenge as a recruit, I'm a little addicted.  So glad to have a 2 week opportunity here!

Looks like a good time for a couple new recipes.  My husband was recently told his triglycerides were too high.  He was then told about 100 different and conflicting ways to lower them.  Personally, I think it's the beer, but who am I to make such outrageous observations?  Anyways, this challenge is a good time to find some new dinner recipes that have lower carbs.  If we can cut out the pasta and potatoes for a couple days, we can make room for that occasional brew.  We have two weeks for this challenge, so I'll shoot to get two new low carb dinners on the meal plan.

Over these two weeks, I'm going to knock out these two NF Academy goals:  Walk to Mordor and Go for a 60 Minute Walk.  Not super-challenging, but I really need to get these checked off.

Ha!  I'm going letterboxing.  I have my afternoons free for two more weeks before the kids are home for the summer.  I'm going to make a special effort to get out boxing one of these afternoons.  It's something I love to do, and it's been far too long since I've done it.  Plus there's a new box nearby that looks perfect.  As a bonus, it's written in a secret code, and I have the chance to be the first finder :)

I had to google letterboxing.  And then spent at least an hour of work time researching...   :pirate:   I think I might have to try this as well.  There are a ton in my area.  

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Thanks for setting this up!  I would love to jump right into my next challenge, but this looks like a nice consolation prize since we have to wait 2 weeks for the next challenge :)

Quest One

I put off starting studying a module for my actuarial exams the entire past 6 week challenge.  I've always done my stuyding in large time chunks, but I want to try to make it a habit of doing it everyday.  During these two weeks, I will spend a minimum of 15 minutes a day studying.  I'm hoping a little each day can add up to big progress, as I would like to finish this module before leaving on my 4th of July vacation.

Quest Two

In the past 6-week challenge I had separate goals for each of my main summer fitness activities (tennis, biking, and walking).  It ended up being a lot of goals to track.

I'm thinking about simplifying things for the next challenge.  As a test run for my next challenge, my goal will be simply 1.5 hours of some exercise/activity everyday. 

Quest Three

My boyfriend got accepted for MIT's summer research program.  He's been really busy with final exams this past week, so I haven't been able to spend much time with him lately.  His parents also just arrived on Wednesday, and I know they'd like to spend some quality time with him before he leaves as well.  My goal is 4 fun family activities before he leaves.  I already have a bowling outing planned for all of us on Monday.  Other ideas are card games, visit a museum, a walk outside on a nice day, and grilling out or picnicing.  As fate would have it, he leaves on Sunday, June 7th, at the same time as this bye weeks challenge ends.

Level: 4 - Backhand Specialist Halfling Adventurer

Stats:     STR: 3.5    DEX: 3    STA: 4    CON: 10    WIS: 8.5    CHA: 5.5

Challenges and other threds: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4Current | Presea's Recipes

Long-Term Weight Loss Goal: 35 Pounds

0%
0%

Woooot!! Danke, Tack, bedankt, djekui, eskerrik asko, grazi, merci beaucoup!!! 

Quest One: Try something new this two weeks that you have always wanted to try...

I'm signing up for my box's fitness challenge that starts June 3. It's kinda spendy, but includes before/after dunk tank body comp tests. I'm curious to see where it places me and slightly terrified of having other people measure me and take progress pics. 

Quest Two: Make yourself a mini fitness goal or training commitment for this period and stick with it...

Mobility work. Every day. 

Quest Three ...pick one thing that gives you unadulterated joy and do it or buy it.

I love being able to communicate with people in their own language. So I'm gonna spend some quality time working on my French for the 2 weeks before I head to Quebec City! 

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Woooooo! Hasn't even started and I'm happy to report 2 points struck out of my quest 1 list, one added and one initiated and about to be completed soon

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Quest One: Try Something New

There is a new bootcamp class that will be offered at my martial arts gym. It starts June 1st, and I was on the fence about it - but to heck with it, I'm gonna do it!

Quest Two: Mini Fitness Goal

Get working on my endurance for an obstacle course run on June 6th. It's called the Jail Break Challenge and it's a course that is designed with military and police training courses in mind!

Quest Three: Just for Fun

Get a massage and/or an adjustment at the chiropractor. I need a spa day and to let myself be a girl once in a while! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm hoping to chill out for these two weeks while maintaining a general lifting schedule, so I'm going to work on some balance poses and track how long I can hold them for.  Eagle, half moon, tree, crow... and stuff!  I love balancing. :)

My new(ish) fave is going straight from eagle to half moon...it's a cool transition from having your body very closed to being very open, all while balancing. I only learned that one recently.

• Like 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

My new(ish) fave is going straight from eagle to half moon...it's a cool transition from having your body very closed to being very open, all while balancing. I only learned that one recently.

Oo, I never thought of transitioning from one balance pose to another! !!!! That does sound like an interesting close -> open shift, eagle is one of my favorite poses, it makes me think of the calm within the chaos and is kinda yin/yang. ^_^
  • Like 1

Quest One

I'm going to be social. I'm going to find a group on Meetup.com or go out with friends I haven't seen in years. I could even ask people at the gym if they're doing anything fun outside of the gym and see if I could tag along. I expanded my world from work to home to gym in the last year but I still have a really really hard time venturing out of my 'safe' zones without someone I know. Time to start stepping out of that comfort zone. Perfect timing too, it's my bday week so everyone will want to go out to celebrate. One more reason to say YES when asked to go out! 

Quest Two

I'm going to keep up the once weekly on my own without anyone gym session. One added caveat: I HAVE to use the barbell in the workout in some way shape or form. I've been sticking with dumb bells and machines I know how to use in the free weight area but am still intimidated to use the barbell on my own. This will help push me out of my comfort zone and I need to work more barbell exercises to get past my stupid DL plateau. Additionally I'm adding Running Somewhere Sundays. It has to be at least 2 miles away from the house and I'll run there and back, somewhere different every Sunday. Next challenge will focus on HIIT and heavier lifting because the Super will be at the end of it. It's starting to feel daunting so I really have to ramp up my training. 

Quest Three

I'm going to sign up for a wine tasting class with a friend. I enjoy wine but always have a Bert stare goin on whenever people start talking about undertones and whatnot to me at nice dinners. Time to change that! 

• Like 4

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Great idea, I have my goals set for the new six weeks, but for the two weeks:

Something New:

I have been trying recipes with coconut flour and going to get a recipe/idea box ready so I can plan meals and shopping better.

Mini Fitness Goal

I have been doing 2 sets of the beginning Recruit Workout, I would like to be able to do three set before the new 6 weeks.

Fun

I just bought a new violin to reward myself and I will get it in a couple days, I am  very excited about it, I played for several years and loved it and want to start again.

• Like 2

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage"

Oh I am SO in! This is just the thing I need.

Quest One

Something new. I have to think about this. Update once I know what this might be.

Quest Two

Get started on handstand planks and on the first steps towards learning how to do handstands.

Quest Three

This is easy: I will go to deaf bar (and stay as long as I am happy staying). I will have a little budget to get a drink, and I will talk with deaf peeps, and leave my comfort zone, because it's always amazing fun to do such a thing, but I only ever went to the one summer party last year, and the whole-class-end-of-class-christmas-party. And forever now I wanted to get out of my shell and reconnect with the deaf community, but as a hearing chick, I didn't feel like I had a place there.

Quest Three therefore is go to one specific party!

Great idea, ItsDaniel!

Best wishes to all.

Morag

• Like 2

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

I'm going to be quite busy with exams the next two weeks so it's a good thing for me that the next challenge is a couple of weeks off, will give me a little leeway in the meantime!

Quest One

Hmm, not too sure what to do for this one! I will try one from this list, two if I get the time between exams:

• Making a vegetable & chicken stir fry - DONE! :D
  • Trying out the university swimming pool

Quest Two

I'm going to be adding in the Beginner Body Weight workout to my routine 3 times a week. This is great because I wanted to add it to my next challenge and start doing some running interval work. Adding in just the BBWW for 2 weeks will give my body some time to adjust!

Quest Three

Well I have no money, which doesn't help, and have to study hard for my exams, so not sure what joy is to be had for me the next two and a half weeks. :tongue: Will try to think of something!

Challenge 3 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 1

L3 Elf: | 0 STR | 1.6 DEX | 7.4 STA | 6.8 WIS | 8.6 CON | 3.8 CHA |

Overall Weight Loss Goal:

33.3%
33.3%

SW: 153lb CW: 142lb  GW: 120lb

Something New:

From this post on The Art of Manliness I am going to have an input deprivation week, starting Wednesday.

Mini Fitness:

I made myself a set of paralettes during this challenge, so will play around to create a routine for it.

Fun:

My budget don't allow fun that costs money, and the people around me don't like it when I have fun without money, so that is a sticky one. Maybe the input deprivation will be fun?

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

Quest One: Try something new
I am going to try a rock-climbing class.

Quest Two: Make yourself a mini fitness goal or training commitment for this period
This one is going to be overly-extreme because it's me and of course it is. I'm basing it on Neila Rey's 20,000 Crunches experiment.

I will do 2,000 crunches per day for the duration of the challenge. It will be broken up into chunks of from 100 to 400 at a time but every day I will get in 2,000 crunches. Crunches or full sit-ups done at class at the gym totally count toward this goal.

Quest Three: Pick one thing that gives you unadulterated joy and do it or buy it.
I need new shorts to go with my new OCR jersey. Bam...

• Like 1

Rebel Scum Current Challenge